Synonyms for aitoliko or Related words with aitoliko

vonitsa              oinousses              amfilochia              plomari              loutro              meganisi              messolonghi              chalkidiki              lefkada              vathy              vasilika              irakleia              argostoli              polygyros              ierapetra              kalamaki              fournoi              lixouri              sithonia              kalymnos              marathokampos              istiaia              kryoneri              chrysoupoli              kefalonia              fanari              korseon              gavdos              astakos              almyros              filippiada              elafonisos              pyli              krya              akrata              kalyvia              ermioni              leonidio              astypalaia              rafina              kasos              skopelos              limnos              kimolos              vartholomio              kythira              konitsa              koroneia              ermoupoli              karpathos             



Examples of "aitoliko"
Aris Aitoliko F.C. is a Greek football club, based in Aitoliko, Aetolia-Acarnania.
Near the lagoon is the Aitoliko Lagoon to the north. Together they form the Missolonghi–Aitoliko Lagoons complex.
The Aitoliko Lagoon is a lagoon located east of Aitoliko surrounding the main municipality and is 14 km² in area.
The Aitoliko–Katochi railway () was a metric gauge railway line of the Railways of Northwestern Greece. The line branched off the Kryoneri–Agrinio railway at Aitoliko station.
Aitoliko railway station (, "Sidirodromikos Stathmos Etolikou") was a railway station in the town of Aitoliko in Aetolia-Acarnania, Greece, the station served two rail lines:
The Aitoliko Lagoon ( "Limnothalassa Aitolikou") is a lagoon located in the south of Aetolia-Acarnania, Greece. It is separated from the larger Missolonghi Lagoon (a bay of the Gulf of Patras) to the south by the island of Aitoliko, but together they form the Missolonghi–Aitoliko Lagoons complex. Its maximum depth is 28 metres. At a salinity of 19-28 PSU, its water is brackish. Oxygen depletion occurs in a large part of the lagoon, but has been reduced since 2002 by creating larger openings around Aitoliko island and dredging channels in Messolongi Lagoon. The main settlement on the lagoon is the town Aitoliko.
The Ottoman army arrived before Missolonghi and began the siege on 20 September with a bombardment of Aitoliko, an island which controlled the seaways of the Missolonghi lagoon. The subsequent attack on Aitoliko failed however.
The municipal unit Aitoliko is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
Aitoliko also has an agricultural and commercial enterprise named Amalthia S.A., which is named after Amalthea.
Vaso Leonardos was born on 5 July 1914 in Aitoliko, Aetolia-Acarnania, daughter of George Leonardos and Theodora Sarlis.
Aitoliko has primary schools, a High School (first three years of secondary education), a Lyceum (the second three-year period of secondary education), several churches, a small post office and a central square.
The increase of "S. aurata" landings in Mesolonghi-Aitoliko lagoons complex during the last years can be linked to the rapid development of the fish farms in the around coastal area.
Stamna () is a village and a community in the municipal unit of Aitoliko in the southern part of Aetolia-Acarnania, Greece. It is located on a chain of low hills that separate the river Acheloos to the west from the bay of Aitoliko to the southeast. It is 6 km south of Angelokastro, 11 km northwest of Aitoliko, 17 km southwest of Agrinio and 21 km northwest of Missolonghi. The Ionia Odos motorway (Missolonghi - Amfilochia) passes east of the village. The community Stamna consists of the villages Stamna, Stathmos Stamnas (1.5 km east, near the former railway station) and Kefalovrysos (4 km southeast, at the bay). Stamna had a train station on the former railway from Missolonghi to Agrinio.
The lagoon was partly drained in the 20th century especially in the western portion in which a part of the land extended southward with farmlands and dikes. The island of Aitoliko or sometimes the peninsula extended by 15 km and 200 m making it the longest extension, the eastern half became a canal and it resembles as a dike.
Aitoliko was conveniently located with relation to the ancient towns of Pleuron (the name of the son of the mythological father Aetolus comes from along with Kalydon which carries the name of another son) and Oiniadai. The name of the town in the middle of the lagoon dates back to ancient times.
The line shut down except for freight services in 1943 by the Italian occupying forces who scraped it away, using the material to extend the Kryoneri–Agrinio line to Amfilochia. This construction began but was never completed due to the Italian surrender in early September. Very few traces remain today of the Aitoliko–Katochi line.
During the reign of King George I of Greece, he was named a member of the committee for the grievances of fighters of the Revolution. He spent the last years of his life in Messolonghi, occupied with the local political life of Aitoliko in which he had settled after the death of Kapodistrias.
Lakes include the Amvrakia, the Lysimachia, Ozeros, and Trichonida, and artificial lakes and reservoirs include Kastraki, Kremasta, the largest lake in Greece since its creation in 1970, and Stratos. Two lagoons are found in the southern part of the regional unit: the Messolongi and the Aitoliko.
The Missolonghi-Aitoliko lagoons complex is located in the north part of the Gulf of Patras in the central west coast of Greece. It is one of the most important Mediterranean lagoons. It is a shallow area of 150 km, extended between the Acheloos and Evinos rivers. It is protected by the Ramsar Convention and it is also included in the Natura 2000 network.
Vogiatzis was born in Aitoliko in Aetolia-Acarnania in 1926. He studied at the Dramatic School at the Royal Theatre and for one space at the Industrial Degree. He first appeared in theatre in 1955, immediately after he graduated from the school in the works of William Shakespeare, "The Merchants In Venice" at the Dionyssia Theatre (Theater).