Synonyms for alexey_shchusev or Related words with alexey_shchusev
Examples of "alexey_shchusev"
In the early twentieth century, the architect
reproduced the structure's outline in the Kazan Rail Station of Moscow.
therefore, the next year a new mausoleum of marble, porphyry, granite, and labradorite (by
, I.A. Frantsuz and G.K. Yakovlev) was completed.
In the years 1947 to 1949 the architect
developed a plan with the aid of a team of architects for the gradual reconstruction of the city.
Construction of the modern building according to the design by architect
started in 1913 and ended in 1940. The building resembles the Söyembikä Tower in Kazan.
The Shchusev State Museum of Architecture is the national museum of Russian architecture by the name of the architect
near the Kremlin area.
in 1914. In 1922, 1938—1954, and 1978—1980 pavilion was closed. In both 1926 and 1936 Russian pavilion hosted exhibition of Italian Futurism curated by Filippo Tommaso Marinetti.
Born in Shostka (Sumy Oblast, today in Ukraine) to a working-class family, after service in the Red Army Chechulin enrolled in the state school Vkhutemas and graduated in 1929, doing post-graduate work under
Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge () is a concrete arch bridge that spans the Moskva River in Moscow, Russia, immediately east of the Moscow Kremlin. The bridge connects Red Square with Bolshaya Ordynka street in Zamoskvorechye. Built in 1936-1937, it was designed by V. S. Kirillov (structural engineering) and
The Hotel Moskva was constructed from 1932 until 1938, opening as a hotel in December 1935. Designed by
, it was built to be one of Moscow's finest hotels and was lavishly detailed with works of art and mosaics by some of the finest artists of the Soviet Union.
, the building of the theater was built in 1942-1947 and was opened to the public in November, 1947, celebrating the 500th anniversary of the birth of Alisher Navoi. During 1945-47, the Japanese prisoners of war participated in the building construction under forced labor.
The architects invited to direct these workshops included traditionalists Ivan Zholtovsky,
, Ivan Fomin, Boris Iofan, Vladimir Schuko as well as practising constructivists: Ilya Golosov, Panteleimon Golosov, Nikolai Kolli, Konstantin Melnikov, Victor Vesnin, Moisei Ginzburg and Nikolai Ladovsky. This began an important trend that lasted until 1955. Stalin chose Iofan for one project, but retained all competing architects in his employ.
In 1920 VKhUTEMAS students revolted against Zholtovsky, too. Heads of two other departments,
and Ivan Rylsky, and MVTU professors Leonid Vesnin and Fyodor Schechtel also came under fire. Ladovsky triumphantly presented his program of training at VKhUTEMAS and joined the faculty. Initially he was subordinate to the Department of Architecture and the course framework imposed by Zholtovsky.
On August 15, 1941, during World War II, the city was occupied by the German Army. Its historic monuments were systematically annihilated. The Red Army liberated the city on January 19, 1944. Out of 2,536 stone buildings, fewer than forty remained standing. After the war, thanks to plans laid down by
, the central part was gradually restored.
Isaac Brodsky, Ivan Fomin,
, Vladimir Shchuko and other influential artists pleaded in favor of Lanceray, and he was released in August 1935. Freedom spelled bitter dissatisfaction to Lanceray: while he was behind bars, the Academy of Architecture commissioned biographies of Cameron and Zakharov to other writers. He still managed to sign a contract for a biography of Vincenzo Brenna.
The most famous construction of this time, however, was Lenin's Mausoleum by
. Originally it was a temporary wooden structure, topped by a pyramid, with two wings (for entry and exit). In 1930 it was replaced with the present building, built of stone. The combination of dark red and black labradorite enhanced its slender, precise construction.
During World War I and the first years after Russian Revolution of 1917, Melnikov worked within the Neoclassical tradition. Before the Revolution, he was involved in AMO Truck Plant project. In 1918-1920, he was employed by the "New Moscow" planning workshop headed by Zholtovsky and
, designing Khodynka and Butyrsky District sectors of the city.
Lagutenko came to Moscow in 1921 at the age of 17 and found a job at the construction site of Kazansky Rail Terminal where he met
. In 1931, Lagutenko graduated from Moscow Institute of Transportation Engineers and joined Shchusev’s architectural workshop. During World War II, Lagutenko worked on city camouflage and repairs of war losses.
Before 1917, the Russian architectural scene was divided between "Russky Modern" (a local interpretation of Art Nouveau, stronger in Moscow), and Neoclassical Revival (stronger in Saint Petersburg). The Neoclassical school produced mature architects like
, Ivan Zholtovsky, Ivan Fomin, Vladimir Shchuko and Alexander Tamanian; by the time of the Revolution they were established professionals, with their own companies, schools and followers. These people would eventually become Stalinism's architectural elders and produce the best examples of the period.
The main arch of the current bridge consists of three concrete boxes, 92 meters long and 6.1 meters high. The two arches over the embankments are each 42.8 meters long. The bridge has a total width of 40 meters (8 lanes), and its total length with approach ramps is 554 meters. Although it is a concrete structure,
finished the bridge in pink granite slabs to create the illusion that the bridge is actually built in stone.
An important priority during the post-revolutionary period was the mass reconstruction of cities. In 1918
(1873–1949) and Ivan Zholtovsky founded the Mossovet Architectural Workshop, where the complex planning of Moscow's reconstruction as a new Soviet capital took place. The workshop employed young architects who later emerged as avant-garde leaders. At the same time architectural education, concentrated in the Vkhutemas, was divided between revivalists and modernists.
Copyright © 2017