Synonyms for arched_sash_windows or Related words with arched_sash_windows

arched_openings              panelled_pilasters              pedimented_gables              arched_entrances              pedimented_porch              triangular_pediments              gablets              gabled_porches              hipped_roofs              fluted_pilasters              arched_doorways              tuscan_pilasters              engaged_tuscan_columns              projecting_bays              battlemented_parapets              doorcase              semicircular_fanlight              gabled_dormer              gabled_roofs              segmental_arched_windows              moulded_architrave              coped_gable              modillioned_cornice              doric_pilasters              arched_windows              recessed_panels              cusped              rusticated_voussoirs              ionic_pilasters              jettied_gable              gabled_dormers              moulded_architraves              stepped_buttresses              segmental_arched              louvered_shutters              transoms              flanking_pilasters              gable_pediment              canted_bay_windows              gable_dormer              recessed_porch              semicircular_arch              boxed_cornice              castellated_parapet              modillions              moulded_cornices              bracketed_cornices              semicircular_arched              gable_roofs              voussoirs             



Examples of "arched_sash_windows"
The village's Congregational church is a square stone building with arched sash windows.
The ground floor has segmental arched sash windows to the projecting corner wings, with coursed rendered abutments. The ground floor verandah has arches with expressed imposts, and the first floor verandah has similar arches with expressed extrados and keystones. The first floor projecting corner wings have arched sash windows with expressed imposts, extrados and keystones, and semi-circular balconettes.
The north front of the house has a central three storey canted bay, with tall arched sash windows to the ground floor and rectangular sashes above, and an embattled parapet at the edge of the roof.
The Commonwealth Offices, a three-storeyed building with subfloor, is a rendered masonry structure with a triple corrugated iron hipped roof concealed behind a parapet wall. The building, located on the south side of Sturt Street, shows classical influences in its facade which consists of four bays separated by pilasters supporting a deep cornice between each floor, with a rendered parapet with open circle motifs. Each bay has two arched sash windows, except the second bay which is narrower and forms the entrance, with single arched sash windows above and is surmounted by a pediment with a plaster sculpture of the Townsville City seal. The entrance has an arched door, with a cantilevered metal awning, located midway between the ground floor and subfloor. The western bay has a large arch with iron gates which accesses a driveway to the rear of the building.
The street facade gives the building substantial presence within the domestic streetscape. It presents a balanced arrangement of arched sash windows and doorways, with a simple parapet and pediment. On the latter is displayed the date 1886 and the inscription "Municipal Public Baths" and "James Hipwood Mayor". The facade is crowned with masonry urns and plaster floral motifs. The street entrance is covered by a corrugated iron awning on timber frame and brackets.
Steele Creek Presbyterian Church and Cemetery is a historic Presbyterian church complex and national historic district located near Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. The church was founded in 1760 and the current sanctuary was built in 1889, and is a rectangular, Gothic Revival style brick building. It is five bays wide and six bays deep, and has pointed-arched sash windows, shallow buttresses, and steeply pitched roof parapet. The cemetery contains approximately 1,700 headstones, with the oldest dating to 1763.
The Quay Street elevation has four arched openings to the ground floor, with the entrance to the first floor located at the southern end consisting of paired timber panelled doors with an arched fanlight. The entrance to the ground floor consists of a timber framed door with glass panels and an arched fanlight, flanked by arched sash windows surmounting recessed wall panels. Each arched opening is surmounted by a rendered moulding, and a shallow cornice separates the ground and first floors.
The red brick facade has two arched openings on the ground floor and two pairs of arched sash windows separated by a central column on the second floor. The windowsills and the bases of the ground floor arches are cast stone. The Hope Building originally had eight windows in each side wall, four upstairs and four downstairs, but all but two upstairs windows on the west side have been covered by later construction. The building's interior has been remodeled many times and does not retain any original details.
The northern end of the building has rendered coursing to the corners, rendered parapet details, and expressed coursing at the first floor sill height. The first floor has tall sash windows and the ground floor has arched sash windows, all with window hoods comprising metal brackets with timber battens and corrugated iron awnings. A tall masonry wall abuts this elevation, adjoining the adjacent building to the northwest, forming a vehicular entrance to the rear service court. A rear wing consists of the remains of an original rear annex with several additions. The wing has sash windows with window hoods to the early section, with louvred ventilation panels to the rear plant area.
Also at about this time, a standby gas-engine powered alternator/generator was installed, along with a main switchboard of significant proportions. These are housed in a compartment attached to what was described in 1994 as the Engine Drivers Room. In 1948, meters and valves occupied this space, the building probably being known as the Meter House. Both the meters and the compressors were housed in gabled brick buildings with arched sash windows. The east fronts of these two buildings are aligned and form an elegant pair when viewed from the east.
The Christ Church is a historic Episcopal church located at Port Republic, Calvert County, Maryland, United States. The church is a three-bay-wide, five bays long, beige stucco covered structure featuring stained glass in most of the tall paired round-arched sash windows. It is the mother Episcopal Church of Calvert County and its oldest continually worshipping congregation. Middleham Chapel was started from this congregation as a Chapel of Ease. Christ Church Parish was one of the original 30 Anglican parishes in the Province of Maryland. Burials in the church cemetery include former U. S. Representative Thomas Parran, Sr. and United States Coast Guard Admiral Merlin O'Neill.
The toilet block has arched sash windows to the base, with high level hopper windows to the floors above. This block is linked to the main structure via cantilevered walkways on the ground and basement levels, which consist of curved iron brackets supporting a timber walkway with iron balustrade. The two-storeyed enclosure on the southeast has a skillion roof, with fixed glazing above chamferboard to the basement level and brick piers. A steel fire stair is located at the rear of the building.
Steps to the side of the first floor central lobby access the enclosed verandah to the southern wing. A narrow timber stair, with timber balustrade and handrail, is located within the verandah and accesses the second floor, and evidence remains of it originally accessing the ground floor. The verandah detailing includes dowel balustrades, narrow louvred timber panels, and an arched timber boarded valance with rounded ends. The verandah walls to the southern wing are of painted brickwork, and have flat-arched sash windows and doors with fanlights which access store rooms and toilets.
On the first level the west (front) facade has two large gently arched slightly recessed garage openings flanking a main pedestrian entrance. The sides of the arches have alternating courses of brick and olive green terra cotta. Atop them is a molded terra cotta cornice rising from corbels in the shape of heads. Above the garages are two wrought iron crosses, with another one above the main entrance. Terra cotta also forms the quoins every sixth course on the corner towers up to the small peaked roofs. Along the side elevations are double-hung four-over-eight round-arched sash windows; those on the north have been bricked in.
Approached by a steep driveway from Herston Road, a wide sweep of concrete stairs arrives at the main pedimented, temple-front portico entrance containing six giant order columns in a Doric order sitting on a rusticated base of arches framing the porch entrance. Two large decorative bronze lamps flank the central arch entrance to the portico which is marked by a large scroll keystone lettered above with the words "University of Queensland". A single range, the building is symmetrical about this entrance and rests on a rendered rusticated base, has regular bays of plain, flat-arched sash windows with rendered sills to each level and an entablature containing large mutules over a plain frieze containing the lettering "The Medical School". The tympanum contains a carved stone shield. A solid parapet above the cornice screens the accommodation on the flat roofs.
The first floor arcade comprises columns supporting an entablature with dentils, surmounted by a sandstone parapet balustrade to the roof. The arcade has arched sections with expressed keystones located behind the projecting balconies, flanking the clock tower, and at the end corners of both street elevations. The arched sections flanking the clock tower, and at the southern corner of the Denham Street elevation, are enclosed with large arched sash windows. The arcade has cast iron balustrade panels, with a sandstone hand rail, and the projecting balconies have a sandstone balustrade with corner pillars. The balconies are also framed by columns supporting a pediment crowned by a sandstone ornament. The arcade has a boarded ceiling, and a stair is located at the southern corner of the Denham Street elevation.
Single-height Doric columns flanked by rusticated pilasters beneath a dentilled cornice frame the main corner entrance portico which contains a set of terrazzo stairs and landing. The rusticated rendered arch with a prominent scroll keystone marks the side entrance portico to Wickham Street and is framed by rendered quoining to a high narrow parapet. Wrought iron ornamental grilles are provided to the ground floor street windows and ornamental iron gates to the arched vehicle entrance to Brookes Street. Overlooking Wickham Street from the first floor, an open porch framed by four half-height rendered Doric columns has an elegant, projecting oval balcony with decorative wrought iron balustrading. Bold brackets to lined roof eaves project over the plain flat arched sash windows to the first floor.
The western and southern walls are constructed of predominantly rough faced ashlar, with dressed stones around window and door openings. The western wall has three tall arched sash windows with steel bars, and the bottom course of stone, slightly expressed to suggest a base, has small vented openings. The southern wall of the western section of the building has two arched doorways, which have enclosed walkways attached, flanked by a tall arched sash window with steel bars to either side. The southern wall of the eastern section, which is three courses shorter than the western section, has an arched sash window with steel bars and a doorway with paired timber doors and a glass fanlight.
The chapel is a two-storey red-brick building in a Vernacular style. The roof, which has two dormer windows in the attic space above the first floor, is laid with tiles at the rear and slates at the front. The three-bay façade, wide, has a wide doorway with a straight canopy supported by ornate brackets. A twin staircase with metal railings leads to the door from the pavement. A thin string course of red bricks separates the ground and first floors, which have two and three shallow-arched sash windows respectively. There are two similar windows on the rear wall; originally the pulpit stood between them. A small gable-ended extension at the rear may have been a vestry. The interior has been opened out to form a single tall open-plan space, although the attic space has been retained.
The building is constructed in red Ruabon brick with stone bands and terracotta and stone dressings, and a grey slate roof. It has three storeys plus an attic. On the ground floor two steps lead to an arched doorway. To the left of this are three arched sash windows and to the right is a casement window. The middle and top storeys contain six two-light mullioned and transomed windows in pairs. The gable is stepped and contains a row of six windows, over which are two more windows. Between these is the date 1884 in brick moulding. In the apex of the gable is the cartouche of the police force. Douglas' biographer Edward Hubbard considered that the frontage of this building was "more specifically Flemish in design than any other of Douglas' buildings".