Synonyms for bacteriological_laboratory or Related words with bacteriological_laboratory

max_volmer              bacteriological              bacteriology              oswald_schmiedeberg              kwipc              fullerian_professor              hematology              bernhard_naunyn              kaiser_wilhelm_institut_für              infectology              cardiovascular_surgery              physikalische_chemie_und_elektrochemie              pasteur_institute              radiobiology              diagnostic_radiology              pathological_anatomy              burdenko              nencki_institute              psychiatric_clinic              mikhail_bonch              kwih              bakulev              polytechnical_institute              physikalisch_technische_reichsanstalt              allgemeines_krankenhaus              sechenov              karl_weigert              prosector              biomolecular_engineering              polyclinic              johann_lukas_schönlein              obstetrical_clinic              laboratory              bernhard_von_langenbeck              bioorganic_chemistry              anatomical_pathology              transplantology              oncological              bacteriologist              haematology              cardio_thoracic              menshutkin              paul_gerson_unna              policlinic              gaffky              venerology              subdepartment              microbiology_immunology              pediatric_neurosurgery              syphilology             



Examples of "bacteriological_laboratory"
NTRI TB Bacteriological laboratory of NTRI is a Centre of Excellence (NCE-CRL) Supranational Reference Laboratories Network WHO (SRLN)
In 1920 he became an assistant to the famous typhus specialist Rudolf Weigl at Jan Kazimierz University. From 1923 to 1935 Fleck worked in the department of internal medicine at Lwów General Hospital, then became director of the bacteriological laboratory at the local social security authority. From 1935 he worked at the private bacteriological laboratory which he had earlier founded.
Before the war, the medical clinic was run by Vilém Dušan Lambl with Samuel Goldflam as his assistant. In 1881, the head of the chemical-bacteriological laboratory was Leon Nencki.
Eliava was born in Sachkhere. From 1909 to 1912 he studied medicine, at Novorossiysk University, continued his studies in Geneva until 1914, and graduated at Moscow University in 1916. The same year, he became head of the bacteriological laboratory in Trabzon, in 1917 he headed the bacteriological laboratory in Tbilisi. In 1918-1921, and again in 1926-1927, he worked at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, where he met Felix D'Herelle, the co-discoverer of bacteriophages. Eliava got excited about the potential of bacteriophages in medical applications, and brought the research (and, eventually, D'Herelle), to Tbilisi.
Peter Borovsky was born on in Pogar, Starodub Uyezd, Chernigov Governorate, Russian Empire. After studying medicine and specialising in surgery at Kiev University and the Military Medical Academy in Saint Petersburg, in 1892 he was sent to serve in Tashkent Military Hospital as head of surgical department and bacteriological laboratory.
From 1919 he was the manager of the Norwegian Army Bacteriological Laboratory, but he got a leave to work as assistant at the Rockefeller Institute from 1920 to 1921. From 1921 to 1925 he was a research fellow at the Royal Frederick University in bacteriology and serology. From 1935 he was a professor at the university (from 1939: the University of Oslo).
He learned about biology early from his father Eugène Nicolle, a doctor at a Rouen hospital. He was educated at the "Lycée Pierre Corneille" in Rouen. He received his M.D. in 1893 from the Pasteur Institute. At this point he returned to Rouen, as a member of the Medical Faculty until 1896 and then as Director of the Bacteriological Laboratory.
In 1892 he left Cambridge and began to practise as a physician in Liverpool. He was appointed Medical Tutor and Registrar at the Liverpool Royal Infirmary where he set up a Bacteriological Laboratory, Senior Demonstrator of Bacteriology in a post specially created for him, and also Medical Tutor at University College, Liverpool.
After working for a year as the director of the Hadassah Bacteriological Laboratory in Jerusalem, Kligler moved to Haifa and began his investigation and research into malaria, then the most important, destructive disease in Palestine. His anti-malaria work is considered both nationally and internationally as his most important scientific work that resulted in a malaria-free Israel several years after his death.
Gram staining is a bacteriological laboratory technique used to differentiate bacterial species into two large groups (gram-positive and gram-negative) based on the physical properties of their cell walls. Gram staining is not used to classify archaea, formerly archaeabacteria, since these microorganisms yield widely varying responses that do not follow their phylogenetic groups.
In 1887, the United States' first bacteriological laboratory was established by Joseph Kinyoun at the Marine Health Service Hospital at Staten Island, New York. In 1891, the Laboratory of Hygiene was relocated to Washington, D.C. The Hygienic Laboratory developed procedures for diphtheria antitoxin and provided licensing for biological manufacturers. The Biologics Control Act mandated producers in the United States to be licensed annually for the manufacture and sale of antitoxins, serum, and vaccines.
Gershuni was born in Kaunas, Russian Empire, to a petty bourgeois family of Lithuanian Jews. At the age of three his family moved to Šiauliai. At fifteen his uncle took him as an apprentice pharmacist and Gershuni traveled across Russia, including areas outside of the Pale of Settlement. In 1895 he began his pharmacy studies at Kiev University and became involved in student activities, for which he was briefly arrested. After graduation in 1897, he opened his own chemical-bacteriological laboratory in Minsk.
A bacteriological laboratory was added two years later. In 1893 when a typhoid epidemic (Salmonella typhi) arose along the Merrimack River, the City of Lawrence began filtration of river water using Mills' slow sand filters, thus becoming the first American city to filter its water for disease prevention. This filtering led to marked reductions in typhoid fever rate and overall death rate in the city.
He was a microbacteriologist, and worked at the Bacteriological Laboratory of the Norwegian Armed Forces before World War II. When Germany invaded and occupied Norway in 1940, the laboratory was closed. Kvittingen fled the country to conduct resistance work abroad. In London he worked with medicinal services for Norwegians in exile. Among others, he contributed to drastically improve the treatment of venereal diseases in seamen, reducing the convalescence from months to weeks.
Beginning in December, 1898, he helped to found the American Society for Microbiology; serving as its secretary for three years then as its president in 1902. In 1901 he became a bacteriology lecturer at the Connecticut Agricultural College. He was chosen as the Connecticut State Bacteriologist in 1905, and helped to organize and direct the State Bacteriological Laboratory. In March 1911, the New York Milk Committee appointed him to be a member of the National Commission on Milk Standards.
During World War I, his work was interrupted and he was drafted into the military service. There, his entomological knowledge proved to be valuable in the control of diseases transmitted by insects. He spent his first year in an anti-malaria station in Albania and later was invited to the bacteriological laboratory in Vienna. In his study on the body louse, he proved that the bacteria "Rickettsia prowazekii", known to cause epidemic typhus, is transmitted by the insect.
Tibor Gánti worked as laboratory assistant at the Bacteriological Laboratory, Factory of Canned Food at Dunakeszi from 1951-1952. He then moved to Photochemical Research Institute of Vác in 1953-1954. From 1958 to 1965 he was the Head of Yeast Laboratory, Yeast Factory, Budapest. In the meantime he completed a Diploma in Chemical Engineering from the Technical University of Budapest in 1958, and a Dr.techn. (PhD) in 1962. Between 1965 and 1974 he was the Head of Biochemical Department at the REANAL Factory of Laboratory Chemicals in Budapest. He was honoured a doctorate in biological science by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in 1980.
In June 1940, in the early months of the Second World War, Ford volunteered for service with the Second Australian Imperial Force and was commissioned as a major in the Australian Army Medical Corps, receiving the service number NX445. In March 1941 he was sent to the Middle East as commanding officer of the 1st Australian Mobile Bacteriological Laboratory, and was soon engaged in the diagnosis of a variety of hitherto uncertain diseases. In July 1941, Ford's unit moved to Syria, where it was attached to the 2/3rd Casualty Clearing Station, providing the latter with the diagnostic capabilities of a larger general hospital, of which none were available.
He obtained his doctorate in medicine in 1895 and served as a military physician at the Prussian Institute of Infectious Diseases in Berlin from 1902. He was promoted to captain in 1903. From 1904 to 1907 he worked at the Royal Institute for Experimental Therapy in Frankfurt. He was appointed as a Professor in 1906 and became a battalion physician and director of the bacteriological laboratory of the Army Medical Service in Hanover in 1907. From 1908 he taught at the Technical University of Hanover. He was promoted to major and left active military service in 1913.
For Eijkman this was to prove a lucky event, as it enabled him to work in E. Forster's laboratory in Amsterdam, and also in Robert Koch's bacteriological laboratory in Berlin; here he came into contact with C.A. Pekelharing and C. Winkler, who were visiting the German capital before their departure to the Indies. In this way medical officer Christiaan Eijkman was seconded as assistant to the Pekelharing-Winkler mission, together with his colleague M. B. Romeny. This mission had been sent out by the Dutch Government to conduct investigations into Beriberi, a disease which at that time was causing havoc in that region.