Synonyms for bailieborough or Related words with bailieborough
Examples of "bailieborough"
Castle was located in
, County Cavan, Ireland. It was built in an enclosed demesne by 1629. Also known as Castle House, Lisgar House, or simply 'The Castle', the country house was located just to the south-west of Castle Lough in what is now known as
Demesne, on the north-western edge of the town. It is now totally demolished.
He died on 6 October 1876 at Lisgar House (also known as Castle House), near
in County Cavan, Ireland, survived by his wife. Although Lady Lisgar married twice more, she and Lord Lisgar are buried in
Church of Ireland Graveyard,
, County Cavan.
In 1814, William Young bought the
Castle estate in County Cavan, Ireland, from Thomas Charles Stewart Corry. Young laid out the town of
in its present location and was created 1st Baronet Young of
Castle on 28 August 1821. In the 1830 United Kingdom general election, he was an unsuccessful candidate for the Cavan constituency.
Again hurling died away in the county with only eight championships been finished between 1937 and 1981. Ballyhaise won successive championships in 1948 and 1949. Granard won their first championship in 1950 and
and Cavan Gaels dominated the 1970s and the early 1980s.
were victorious in 1966. Cavan Gaels won in 1973 and 1974.
won their second championship ten years after the first in 1976 and won again in 1977.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays Bus Éireann route 166 provides a link to Cavan via
and Stradone, County Cavan.
The village is located near two towns, 12 km south of Cootehill and 10 km north of
The college had a seminary for Juniorate training between 1915 and 1936 located at
He died in office on 30 April 1829, and was buried in the graveyard at Moybolgue, near
Upper Lough Skeagh measures about long north–south and wide. It is located about northwest of
- Trinity, Ballina, Ballyalbany, Ballybay - First, Ballybay - Second, Ballyhobridge, Ballymote, Bellasis, Boyle, Carlingford, Castlebellingham, Castleblayney - First, Cavan, Clones, Clontibret, Cootehill, Corraneary, Corvalley, Drum, Drumkeen, Drumkeeran, Dundalk, Ervey, Frankford, Glennan, Kells, Killala, Killeshandra, Kilmount, Middletown, Monaghan - First, Newbliss, Rockcorry, Sligo, Smithborough, Stonebridge.
William Bailie (died ) was a native of Ayrshire, Scotland. In 1610, under the Ulster Plantation, William was given a grant of in the proportion of Toneregie, now Tandragee, in the Barony of Clankee in County Cavan. He built
Castle close to what was to become the town of
and settled a number of Scottish families in the area. He is credited as the founder of the town of
, although the present town did not develop until the 19th century when Colonel William Young of Loughgall, County Armagh owned the estate.
Kilmore diocese covers most of County Cavan and parts of counties Leitrim, Fermanagh, Meath and Sligo. The main towns are
, Ballyjamesduff, Cavan, Manorhamilton and Virginia.
It heads southeast through
and Kingscourt, crosses the N52 then enters County Louth and terminates at the N2 south of Ardee.
Killinkere () is a civil and ecclesiastical parish of County Cavan in the Republic of Ireland. It is located between the towns of Virginia and
He was raised to the peerage as Baron Lisgar, of Lisgar and
, in the County of Cavan, on 26 October 1870.
The R178 road is a regional road in Ireland. It runs from Dundalk, County Louth via Carrickmacross, County Monaghan and
to Virginia, County Cavan.
Bus Éireann route 108 provides three journeys each way (one each way on Sundays) between the town and Kells via Mullagh and Moynalty. Onward connections to Dublin and Dublin Airport are available at Kells.
is also served on Tuesdays and Thursday by Bus Éireann route 166 linking it to Stradone, County Cavan, Cavan, Kingscourt, Carrickmacross and Dundalk. Royal Breffni Tours operate a daily bus service from
to Dundalk IT catering for students.
Cavan is divided into three local district council areas:
-Cootehill, Ballyjamesduff-Virginia and Cavan-Belturbet, which hold 18 county council seats in total. There were also three town Councils: Cavan, Belturbet and Cootehill but these were disbanded during the 2014 local elections. The 2014 Cavan local elections had an average voter turnout of 56.42%, almost 10% lower than the turnout in 2009. The highest turnout for an electoral area was
-Cootehill with 60.39%.
In the first County Championship the first Ulster’s met the
Home Rulers. They played at Cavan in the autumn of 1886. The Home Rulers left
at 4am in the morning and brought the goal posts on a horse and spring cart. The first Ulster’s and Home Rulers erected goalposts in a field outside Cavan Town. A large police force warned them they were breaking the Sunday Observance Act. However they played on regardless.
Bailieboro Community School also known as
Community School is a Community school located in
, Cavan. It has been the main school for the local area for 34 years and was a result of the amalgamation of the Convent School and Bailieboro Vocational School. It is built on the site of the former Convent School which buildings still stand today. The school was opened in 1981 by John P. Wilson, who at the time was Minister for Education and Skills.
Copyright © 2017