Synonyms for barningham or Related words with barningham
Examples of "barningham"
[Heraldry at North
Church, PALGRAVE SOCIETY 1976]
Green is a village in Norfolk, England.
(died 1448) was an English theologian.
He was the only son of Lt-Col Charles Edward Radclyffe DSO and Theresa Caroline Mott. Several generations of the Mott family had resided at
Hall in North
: the Church, the Hall and the Palgrave Family, PALGRAVE SOCIETY 1974]
The Milbank Arms is a Grade II listed public house at
, County Durham, DL11 7DW.
Henry de Burgh-Lawson (1817–1892) owned it in the 1870s. Mr Coatsworth, of Darlington, occupied it after 1892. In 1900, the castle was bought by Miss
(1860–1915), daughter of a Darlington Ironmaster, William
. There is a mention in an 1889 directory. After her death, it was unoccupied and the furniture was sold in 1928.
has an entry in the Domesday Book of 1085 where its population, land ownership and productive resources were extensively detailed. In the great book North
is recorded by the name of "Berningeham". The main landholders being Thorold from William de Warenne. Roger Bigot and Osferth from him. William de Noyers from Bishop William, Walter Giffard, Drogen de Beuvriere.
Heydon married Eleanor Winter, the daughter of his first patron, Edmund Winter (d.1448) of
, by whom he had a son and heir, Sir Henry Heydon.
Smith was born at
, North Riding of Yorkshire, where his father was head gardener. He was sent to board at Barnard Castle School but hated the restrictive life there. After leaving school he spent six years helping his father at
Park. Smith trained at the Yorkshire College of Agriculture and Horticulture, which brought him the prize for best all-round student. At the age of 26, he was appointed Superintendent at the Northern Horticultural Society Gardens. He worked as the Superintendent of Harlow Carr gardens in Harrogate from 1954 to 1974 where he was known for growing plants which experts had labelled unfit for the northern climate.
With the introduction of shift work, the need for resident fire fighters disappeared. Only the southernmost residential block remains, located on the corner of Burchett and
is a village and a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The village is north of Norwich, south-west of Cromer and north-east of London. The nearest railway station is in the town of Sheringham where access to the national rail network can be made via the Bittern Line to Norwich. The nearest airport is Norwich International Airport. Little
is within the area covered by North Norfolk District Council.
(22 August 1889 – 4 January 1956) was a former Australian rules footballer who played with Carlton in the Victorian Football League (VFL).
He lived on his family's Norfolk estate of
Hall. He was married to Diana Gibbs from 1940 until her death in 1955. A year later he married Stella Constance Harrison, who died in 2011. He was knighted in 1957. In June 2013 his eldest daughter, Theresa Caroline Courtauld died of a brain haemorrhage. She left behind two children and three grandchildren. She is buried next to her father at St. Mary's,
After a period of time following the great survey known as the Domesday Book the manor of
was in the ownership by William de Curzun. Curzun lived in the reign of Henry II. He was followed by Ralph Curzun and Sir Robert Curzun all of whom were lord of the manor. In 1345 the lands and manor of
was in the ownership of John de Reppes. By 1361 the ownership had passed to William and Maude Wynter.
is a village and civil parish in the St Edmundsbury district of Suffolk, England, about twelve miles north-east of Bury St Edmunds. According to Eilert Ekwall, the meaning of the village name is the homestead of Beorn's people. The Domesday Book records the population of
in 1086 to be 36. It has a primary school, a pub called the Royal George, a shop with a post office, a church, a hairdresser's, a village hall and a flower shop.
In 1988 the population of the village was doubled by a boundary change which officially incorporated the Swan end of
into Coney Weston. At present there are 323 people on the electoral roll living in around 150 houses.
Palgrave was of Northwood
, Norfolk and of the Inner Temple, and was a Gentleman of the Privy Chamber. He was created a baronet by Charles I on 24 June 1641.
It is believed that John Palsgrave, who spelled his name in a variety of ways including Pagrave, was the eldest son of Henry Pagrave of North
, in Norfolk.
1997-2010: The District of Forest Heath, and the Borough of St Edmundsbury wards of
, Barrow, Cangle, Castle, Chalkstone, Chevington, Clements, Honington, Horringer, Hundon, Ixworth, Kedington, Risby, St Mary’s and Helions, Stanton, Wickhambrook, and Withersfield.
Copyright © 2017