Synonyms for bernardino_spada or Related words with bernardino_spada

stefano_borgia              annibale_albani              domenico_grimani              girolamo_colonna              francesco_soderini              giovanni_morone              michele_bonelli              pietro_aldobrandini              ugo_poletti              costantino_patrizi_naro              fabrizio_paolucci              tolomeo_gallio              decio_azzolino              silvio_valenti_gonzaga              domenico_della_rovere              benedetto_giustiniani              cerretti              francesco_pisani              giovanni_colonna              ercole_consalvi              giuseppe_pizzardo              luigi_lambruschini              napoleone_orsini              guido_bentivoglio              gabriele_paleotti              giovanni_salviati              silvio_passerini              di_montalto              alessandro_cesarini              ercole_gonzaga              lorenzo_pucci              francesco_marchetti_selvaggiani              giuliano_cesarini              camillo_massimo              giovanni_francesco_commendone              passionei              clemente_micara              luigi_capponi              domenico_capranica              serafino_vannutelli              sirleto              lorenzo_campeggio              angelo_bagnasco              cardinal_prospero_colonna              filippo_antonio_gualterio              giuseppe_siri              fiorenzo_angelini              cristoforo_madruzzo              alfredo_ildefonso_schuster              julius_döpfner             



Examples of "bernardino_spada"
On 6 May 1657, he was consecrated bishop by Bernardino Spada, Cardinal-Bishop of Palestrina.
On 11 Mar 1657, he was consecrated bishop by Bernardino Spada, Cardinal-Bishop of Palestrina.
On 19 Sep 1632, he was consecrated bishop by Bernardino Spada, Cardinal-Priest of Santo Stefano al Monte Celio.
In 1640s he worked for Cardinal Bernardino Spada and his brother Virgilio Spada. Most of his preserved paintings are today in Galleria Spada in Rome.
Bernardino Spada (21 April 1594 – 10 November 1661) was an Italian Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church and a patron of the arts whose collection is housed in the Palazzo Spada in Rome.
The palace accommodates a large art collection, the Galleria Spada. The collection was originally assembled by Cardinal Bernardino Spada in the 17th century, by his brother Virgilio Spada and added to by his grandnephew Cardinal Fabrizio Spada,
On 26 Mar 1651, he was consecrated bishop by Bernardino Spada, Cardinal-Priest of San Pietro in Vincoli with Giorgio Bolognetti, Bishop of Rieti, and Persio Caracci, Bishop of Larino, serving as co-consecrators.
One of his best known paintings is a depiction of the in which the figures were painted by Cerquozzi. The work was made in 1648 on a commission by Cardinal Bernardino Spada and is now in the Galleria Spada in Rome.
Cerrini initially apprenticed under Giovanni Antonio Scaramuccia, then in 1638 moved into the Roman studio of Guido Reni. He was anyway strongly influenced also by Lanfranco, Guercino, Domenichino and Andrea Sacchi. He was patronized by the family of Cardinal Bernardino Spada. Cardinal Giulio Rospigliosi gave him the commission to decorate the cupola of Santa Maria della Vittoria (1654–1655).
Luigi Riccio was born in Anagni, Italy in 1582. On 23 February 1643, he was appointed during the papacy of Pope Urban VIII as Bishop of Vico Equense. On 22 March 1643, he was consecrated bishop by Bernardino Spada, Cardinal-Priest of San Pietro in Vincoli. He served as Bishop of Vico Equense until his death on 23 July 1645.
In 1635 Ginetti was appointed Papal Legate to Austria in an attempt, by the Barberini, to put him forward as an elder statesman. But he did not conduct himself particularly well and the effort was seen as counter-productive. Ginetti returned to Rome where in 1639, he and Cardinal Bernardino Spada gave assistance and protection to a visiting Carlo Cesare Malvasia.
The first chapel to the right (Cappella Spada), although originally assigned to Orazio Spada in 1575, was refurbished by Virgilio and Bernardino Spada in 1654-57. As a friend of Virgilio, the name of the Baroque architect Francesco Borromini has long been associated with the chapel but it has been argued that the overall design was probably directed by Virgilio Spada. The altar rail is by Gianlorenzo Bernini's pupil, Antonio Giorgetti.
Malvasia is the Bolognese equivalent of Giorgio Vasari, and saw his native city surpassing Florence in the artistic supremacy of his time. Born to an aristocratic family, he is also known as Count Carlo Malvasia. He received cursory training in painting under Giacinto Campana and Giacomo Cavedone. He also was an amateur poet and participated in local literary circles. He traveled to Rome in 1639 where he met Cardinal Bernardino Spada and the sculptor Alessandro Algardi. Records indicate he spent some time as a volunteer cavalier during the First War of Castro at the urging of his cousin Cornelio Malvasia; leader of the Papal Army cavalry.
In 1643 he acted as commissary-resident for the three legations held by Cardinal Antonio Barberini over regions in which he did not reside - effectively operating as the cardinal's representative in those regions when the cardinal was not there. He was also sent by the pope as legate to Lombardy during the First War of Castro to reach a peace agreement with the Dukes of Parma after the pope renounced the peace agreement negotiated by Cardinal Bernardino Spada. He was then named Protonotary Apostolic at the Datary.
His themes are mostly biblical and mythological in subject. He painted few portraits; those of Sixtus V, Cardinal Bernardino Spada, and the so‑called Beatrice Cenci are among the most noticeable. The identity of the Cenci portrait is very doubtful, since Beatrice Cenci was executed in Rome before Reni ever lived there and so could not have sat for the portrait. Many etchings are attributed to Guido Reni, some after his own paintings and some after other masters. They are spirited, in a light style of delicate lines and dots. Reni's technique was used by the Bolognese school and was the standard for Italian printmakers of his time.
At the same time, the pope sent cardinal Bernardino Spada as plenipotentiary in an effort to resolve the crisis. Spada successfully negotiated a truce but when the pope's military leaders became aware that the dukes were massing troops to counter their own (in case discussions with Spada came to naught), Urban VIII declared the articles of peace null and void and claimed Spada had negotiated them without his consent. Spada later published a manifesto detailing his version of events which, according to contemporary John Bargrave, many accepted to be the truth.
The church was commisssioned between 1606 and 1611 by the Barnabites from the architect Ambrogio Magenta or Mazenta. Patronage for this church was mainly derived from the Prince Virgilio Spada, brother of Cardinal Bernardino Spada. The Barnabites, also known as the "Clerics Regular of St Paul", named this church as "Maggiore" to distinguish it from two other San Paolo's in Bologna. Between 1634 and 1636 the facade was built to designs by Ercole Fichi. The facade, in brick and stone, has statues of "St Peter" and "Paul", respectively by Domenico Maria Mirandola and G. Cruventi.
The building was purchased in November 1926 by the Italian State to house the gallery and the State Council. The Galleria was opened in 1927 in the Palazzo Spada. It closed during the 1940s, but reopened in 1951 thanks to the efforts of the Conservator of the Galleries of Rome, Anchille Bertini Calosso and the Director, Frederico Zeri. Zeri was committed to locating the remaining artwork that had been scattered during the war, as he intended to recreate the original layout of the 16th-17th version of the gallery, including the placement of the pictures, the furniture and the sculptures. Most of the exhibited artwork comes predominantly from the private collection of Bernardino Spada, supplemented by smaller collections such as that of Virgilio Spada.
The majority of Soglio's inhabitants had converted officially to Protestantism, on Christmas Day, 1552. There he dedicated himself to his pastoral duties, and to the education of his son John, whom he subsequently sent, when just 10 years old, to study in Tübingen. In 1557 he wrote an "Apologia" to defend himself from the attacks of the Italian Franciscan Bernardino Spada, whom he had known personally. Spada had accused him of being a Jew. However most of the controversies in which he was involved were with other Protestants in his Swiss canton, many of whom were refugees from Italy, who carried over from their homeland a certain impatience for ecclesiastical discipline and rituals, together with a request that theology be less dogmatic and more open to the needs both of the spirit and of reason.
Born on March 17, 1643 in Rome, he was the son of Orazio Spada and Veralli Maria. He was also a great-nephew of Cardinal Bernardino Spada and a nephew of Cardinal Giambattista Spada on his father's side, and a nephew of Cardinal Fabrizio Verallo on his mother's side. His sister, Eugenia Spada (1639–1717) married Girolamo Mattei, Duca di Giove of the House of Mattei. Spada completed his studies as a doctor of law (""in utroque iure"") at the University of Perugia in 1664; after which he took holy orders on December 22, 1669. He was subsequently appointed referendary to the Apostolic Signatura and Lay Abbot of the monastery of Santa Maria d' Attilia, in the diocese of San Severino.