Synonyms for bizard or Related words with bizard

NotFoundError             



Examples of "bizard"
Jacques Bizard Bridge, which connects Île Bizard to Montreal Island, was named after him.
Sainte-Geneviève and Île Bizard are connected by the Jacques Bizard Bridge. Île Bizard contains part of the Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park as well as the Boisé de l'Île Bizard Nature Park. Sainte-Geneviève's features include the Cégep Gérald-Godin. Plans have been advanced in the past to cross Île Bizard with an autoroute as part of a beltway around Montreal, but these have so far come to nothing mainly out of concern for the island's nature areas.
L'Île-Bizard is a former municipality current borough located on Île Bizard, an island northwest of the Island of Montreal. It was originally incorporated as a municipality on 1 July 1855 as Paroisse de Saint-Raphael-de l'Ile-Bizard.
Bois-de-l'Île-Bizard Nature Park () is a large park in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is located on the island of Île Bizard in the borough of L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève.
Jacques Bizard (1642 – December 5, 1692) was seigneur of île Bonaventure, later renamed île-Bizard. Born in Benaix, Neuchatel in Switzerland to a Calvinist pastor, Bizard served in the Venetian army where he met Louis de Buade, better known as Comte de Frontenac. The two men later served together in the French army where Bizard was made aide-de-camp to Frontenac.
In 1678, Jacques Bizard received the right to Île Bizard which at the time was named after Bonaventure. The seigneury of Bizard remained the property of this family until the British Conquest. It was then held by Montreal merchant Pierre Foretier and his heirs. Île Bizard began to be populated in the second half of the eighteenth century.
In Quebec, the small Laval-sur-le-Lac–Île-Bizard Ferry operates seasonally across the Rivière des Prairies from Laval-sur-le-Lac to the Île Bizard.
The seasonal Laval-sur-le-Lac–Île-Bizard Ferry, which does not operate in winter, connects Laval-sur-le-Lac with Île Bizard.
Jacques Bizard Bridge is a bridge that crosses the Rivière des Prairies and connects L'Île Bizard to Montreal Island. Except for a cable ferry that connects Île Bizard with Laval-sur-le-Lac, it is the only access to Île Bizard, which had a population of 13,861 at the 2001 census. It carries three lanes of Jacques Bizard Boulevard, including one reversible lane. As of 2008, it is being widened to accommodate a bicycle path. The ferry, which crosses the north branch of the Rivière des Prairies, operates only seasonally between April and November.
The Montreal Public Libraries Network operates the Île-Bizard library.
It was formerly a separate municipality named Ville de L'Île-Bizard, but was forcefully merged with of the city of Montreal, and made into the borough of L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève.
Bélanger is a native of Île Bizard, and was a city councillor since 1991.
Île Bizard is an island near the Island of Montreal in the Hochelaga Archipelago region.
L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève is a borough ("arrondissement") of the city of Montreal.
Île Bizard have also produced the francophone musical groups Exterio and
Parc-Nature-du-Bois-de-l'île-Bizard is located in the centre of the island.
The district includes the Montreal borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro, L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève and the municipality of Dollard-des-Ormeaux.
In 1787, he had married Marie-Élizabeth, daughter of Pierre Foretier, Seigneur d'Île Bizard. Madame Foucher's sister was married to The Hon. Denis-Benjamin Viger, Joint Prime Minister of the Canadas. Foucher died at Montreal in 1829. His daughter Marie-Léocadie married her first cousin The Hon. Hugues Heney, who had inherited their grandfather's Seigneury at Île Bizard.
On January 1, 2002, the municipalities of L'Île-Bizard, Sainte-Geneviève, and Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue were merged into the city of Montreal as the borough of L'Île-Bizard—Sainte-Geneviève—Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue. When Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue voted to demerge from Montreal, the borough was reorganized into its present form on January 1, 2006.
The establishment of the civil parish of Sainte-Geneviève, which was named after the church, occurred in 1845. On June 9, 1859, it was recognized as the Municipality of the Village of Sainte-Geneviève. In 1893, it was connected to Ile Bizard across the Rivière des Prairies by one of the Jacques Bizard Bridges, which replaced a ferry.