Synonyms for blankenhain or Related words with blankenhain
Examples of "blankenhain"
Castle () is a large castle in
near Crimmitschau, in the district of Zwickau in Saxony, Germany.
is a village in Crimmitschau, Zwickau, Free State of Saxony. The
Castle is located in the village.
Crimmitschau's subdivisions are Rudelswalde, Lauenhain, Langenreinsdorf, Mannichswalde, Frankenhausen, Wahlen, Gösau, Gosel, Gablenz,
, Großpillingsdorf, and Harthau.
1995 Bankruptcy and purchase by the town of
, British American Ltd. and Optima Immobilien GmbH
is a town in the Weimarer Land district, in Thuringia, Germany. It is south of Weimar.
Max Burchartz was the son of a fabric manufacturer, Otto Burchartz and his wife Maria. After his basic schooling he received training in his father's weaving mill and studied at a textile technical school as well as an art school. He studied advertising and art and in 1907 started studying at an art academy in Düsseldorf, at that time experimenting with impressionism but left the academy to join the First World War. After the War he withdrew to
and resumed painting. His paintings reflected the quiet, rural life of
, but maintained abstract influences, (e.g. "Strasse in
June 8th 1790 - The manufacturer and ceramists Christian Andreas Speck asked Friedrich Graf von Hatzfeld in
to build a porcelain factory. July 1st 1790 - the license to produce porcelain in
was approved by Count Friedrich von Hatzfeld in Vienna. The fire-proof production site was to be built in 1780 in the shooting building which Speck had bought. The argillaceous earth necessary for producing china clay was brought from Tannroda, the quartz-feldspar sand came from Schwarza and the vicinity of
. The mass was ground and elutriated in the factory's own mill on Seeteich.
Otto Hammann (23 January 1852 in
– 18 June 1928 in Fürstenberg/Havel) was a German journalist and a German Foreign Office official 1894-1916.
However, less than a month later, on 5 April 1945, the prisoners were marched east to
, where they were housed in a former Adolf Hitler School. Three days later, on 8 April, troops of the U.S. 89th Infantry Division entered the camp at Molsdorf, and found that it contained only thirty prisoners who were too ill to march. Finally, on 13 April the prisoners at
were also liberated by the 89th Division.
Until the Napoleonic Wars,
had been a part of the Duchy of Saxe-Weimar. After the Fourth Coalition's defeat at Jena and Auerstedt, Napoleon attached the Lordship of
to the Principality of Erfurt, directly subordinate to himself as an "imperial state domain" (), separate from the Confederation of the Rhine (nominally a French protectorate set up to replace the now-defunct Holy Roman Empire), which the surrounding Thuringian states had joined.
The rasselbock has been shown on the money of
in Thuringia. The town of Sitzendorf dedicated an exhibition in the steam engine museum to the Fabeltier in 1994.
It lies near the Stockelache bathing lake. On the northeastern foot of the Altenburg (castle) lies the early settlement of
. East of Arnsbach was the first brown coal strip mine in the Borken area.
Countess Dorothea of Hanau-Münzenberg (4 February 1556 – 5 September 1638), was a German noblewoman member of the House of Hanau by birth and by virtue of her two marriages Countess of Ortenburg and Gleichen-Kranichfeld-Ehrenstein-
remained within Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach through the era of the German Empire (1871–1918) and into the Weimar Republic until it merged with 7 of the 8 other Saxon duchies to form the Free State of Thuringia (). After being controlled briefly by the United States, from July 1945, the state of Thuringia came under the Soviet occupation zone, and was expanded to include parts of Prussian Saxony, including Erfurt, which became the new capital of Thuringia. In 1952, East Germany dissolved its states, and created districts (") instead, with
sitting within the rural district , in . The State of Thuringia was restored with slightly altered borders during German reunification in 1990.
After the Congress of Vienna, Erfurt was restored to Prussia on 21 June 1815, becoming the capital of one of the three districts (") of the new Province of Saxony, but some southern and eastern parts of Erfurter lands joined
in being transferred to the newly promoted Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach the following September.
On 4 August 1807, Napoleon attached the Saxe-Weimar territory of
and declared the Principality of Erfurt to be directly subordinate to himself as an "imperial state domain", separate from the Confederation of the Rhine (which was nominally a French protectorate set up to replace the now-defunct Holy Roman Empire), which the surrounding Thuringian states had joined.
Landmarks include the town hall, the late gothic parish church of Saint Larentus (1513), with its star and cross ribbed arches, a former Cistercian Convent (founded around 1290) in the district of Frankenhausen and the open-air museum of
Castle located at the castle of the same name.
Captured after the Uprising, Gertz was held as a prisoner-of-war by the Germans. She passed through the camps at Ozarów, Lamsdorf and Mühlberg, and finally in late 1944 arrived at Molsdorf. On 5 April 1945 the POWs of Molsdorf were marched to nearby
, before finally being liberated on the 13th by troops of the U.S. 89th Infantry Division.
On 28 November 1585 Dorothea married with Count Volrad of Gleichen-Kranichfeld-Ehrenstein-
(4 March 1556 – 8 March 1627), who was a student at University of Jena during 1573-1576. They had five children. Dorothea's second marriage ended in divorce in 1596. She never remarried.
The textile industry was also important. It was concentrated in Apolda (mostly hosiery knitting mills) and Neustadt an der Orla. Other major textile plants could be found in Wenigenjena, Eisenach, Weida, Remda and
. In 1895, the textile industry employed approximately people.
Copyright © 2017