Synonyms for bornhofen or Related words with bornhofen
Examples of "bornhofen"
Ernest died in 1693 and was buried, at his request, in the Pilgrimage Church in
Monastery in Kamp-
Sights in Kamp-
include the well known castle Liebenstein.
Sterrenberg Castle () is a castle above the village of Kamp-
in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
Liebenstein Castle () is a castle above the village of Kamp-
in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
is a municipality in the district of Rhein-Lahn, in Rhineland-Palatinate, in western Germany.
"Empire Lea" was a 2,563 GRT cargo ship which was built by Nakskov Sjibs Akt., Nakskov. Launched in 1942 as "Karin K
" for R
, Hamburg. Seized in May 1945 at Copenhagen. To MoWT and renamed "Empire Lea". Allocated in 1946 to USSR and renamed "Verkhoyansk". On shipping registers until 1970.
"Empire Wey" was a 2,645 GRT cargo ship which was built by Nakskov SKibs Akt, Nakskov, Denmark. Completed in 1944 as "Robert
" for Robert
, Hamburg. Requisitioned on completion by the Kriegsmarine. Seized in May 1945 at Copenhagen. To MoWT and renamed "Empire Wey". Allocated in 1946 to USSR and renamed "Yakutsk". Scrapped in 1970 in USSR.
In March 2001 McCotter Aviation purchased majority shares of Maverick Air Inc., the brainchild of homebuilder Bob
. He expanded Maverick Air Inc. under the name Maverick Jets and relocated it from Colorado to Melbourne, Florida.
Więcław (formerly German "
") is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Dębno, within Myślibórz County, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-western Poland. It lies approximately north-east of Dębno, south-west of Myślibórz, and south of the regional capital Szczecin.
Reassigned to operate off the Scandinavian coast in 1944, "Taku" sank the German merchantmen "Rheinhausen" and "Hans
", and badly damaged the German freighter "Harm Fritzen". In March she attacked a convoy, but missed her target, the ex-Norwegian "Kriegsmarine" transport "Moshill".
Over on the other side of the Rhine stand two castles, Burg Liebenstein and Burg Sterrenberg, known as the "Feindliche Brüder" ("Adversarial Brothers") after a German legend that arose in the 16th century, and the pilgrimage centre of Kamp-
with its mediaeval monastery.
The Sport Jet II is an American amateur-built aircraft that is under development Sport-Jet, Limited. Sport Jet was designed by Robert
who licensed the intellectual property to Excel Jet. The aircraft is intended to be supplied as a kit for amateur construction.
By 1034, Sterrenberg was being mentioned as an imperial castle, but the source is not certain. In 1190, Sterrenberg Castle is listed in the book of Werner von Bolanden as a fief, together with the custom point in
. The noble family of Bolanden stayed as lords of Sterrenberg Castle until the second half of the 13th century. From this early period, the "bergfried" and the first, inner shield wall have survived.
"Empire Congerstone" was a 987 GRT coaster which was built by Schiffbau-Gesellschaft Unterweser AG, Bremen. Launched in 1920 as "Faust". Sold in 1926 to R
, Germany and renamed "Nordmark". Renamed "Angeln" in 1936. Sold in 1944 to P Arlt & Co, Germany and renamed "Ermland". Seized in May 1945 at Lübeck. To MoWT and renamed "Empire Congerstone". Sold in 1947 to Oakley Steamship Company, London and renamed "Oakley". Sold in 1949 to Goodwin Steamship Company, London and then in 1950 to Anthony & Bainbridge Ltd. Sold in 1953 to Navigazione de Transportes San José, Costa Rica and renamed "Lucy". Scrapped in 1960 in Vado, US.
"Faust" was built for H Dauelsburg, Bremen. In 1930, she was sold to Robert
, Hamburg and was renamed "Nordmark". Her port of registry was Hamburg and she used the Code Letters QLGN. On 17 November 1931, "Nordmark" was in collision with the Union-Castle Line's in the River Thames. In 1934, her Code Letters were changed to DHRX. In 1936, "Nordmark" was one of 20 ships chartered to transport timber from Leningrad, Soviet Union to Germany. In 1939, she was sold to Preußenlinie Arlt & Co KG, Kiel. She was placed under the management of Ivers & Arlt. Her port of registry was changed to Köningsberg. In 1944, she was renamed "Ermland".
Copyright © 2017