Synonyms for borrisnafarney or Related words with borrisnafarney

clonlisk              cloonlogher              ettagh              kilcooly              killaan              ballynamona              slievemargy              inishlounaght              kilcomin              rathnaveoge              kilmurryely              kellystown              castlejordan              ballyknock              aghancon              kilgerrill              kildrumsherdan              kilbixy              rathbeggan              skehanagh              rosconnell              ballynahown              knockainy              clonsast              kilbegnet              finnoe              dunmoylan              monasteroris              knockbride              curraclone              ballynaclogh              upperwoods              seirkieran              kilcommock              cullenwaine              letterluna              killabban              drumshallon              carrowduff              offerlane              kilflyn              ballinree              gortnaglogh              shrule              ballybaun              kilbradran              ballymaglassan              rathsaran              templeharry              clondrohid             



Examples of "borrisnafarney"
Stanistreet was educated at Trent College and Trinity College, Dublin and ordained in 1924. He was a curate at Clonmel and then curate in charge of Corbally before becoming the Rector of Templeharry with Borrisnafarney. From 1931 to 1943 he was Rural Dean of Ely O’Carroll then Dean of Killaloe Cathedral. He was ordained to the episcopate in 1957. He became a Doctor of Divinity (DD).
Following his turbulent years in service to the King, Bloomfield unexpectedly embraced the values of Methodism and became a devout Christian. His house in Portman Square, London amused many a passer-by as he would often have a placard on his front door, adorned with the words 'At Prayer'. He was promoted to lieutenant general on 22 July 1830 and died in Ireland in 1846. He was buried at Borrisnafarney Parish Church in the Bloomfield Mausoleum in County Offaly, Ireland which is located 1.5 miles from the village of Moneygall beside the Loughton Estate
Moneygall () is a small village on the border of counties Offaly and Tipperary, in Ireland. It is situated on the R445 road between Dublin and Limerick. The 2011 Census counted 310 people in the village (153 males and 157 females). This was an increase of 12 people (4%) since the previous census in 2006. Moneygall has a Catholic church, two shops, a post office, a national school, a Garda station and two pubs. The nearest Church of Ireland church, Borrisnafarney, is 2 km from the village beside the former Loughton Demense.
On 4 September 1845, Bloomfield had married Hon. Georgiana Liddell, the youngest child of Thomas Liddell, 1st Baron Ravensworth and a former maid of honour to Queen Victoria. He died without official issue in 1879 at his home, Ciamhaltha, near Newport, County Tipperary and his titles became extinct (he had an extramarital daughter named Thecla born in 1833 by Swedish actress Emilie Högquist). Bloomfield was buried in his family's vault at Borrisnafarney parish Church, beside the Loughton Demense and Moneygall, in County Offaly. An impressive memorial exists in the church in his memory.
Roscrea Poor law union was declared in 1839 and covered an area of ; 37 'Guardians' oversaw the operations of Union. The Union was responsible for a population of 61,374 in 1831 – it covered Bourney, Borrisnafarney, Killea, Killevinogue, Rathnaveoge, Roscrea, Agahancon, Cullenwale, Dunkerrin, Ettagh, Kilcommon, Kilmurry, Roscomroe, Shinrone, Borris-in-Ossory, Doanmore, Eirke, Kyle and Rathdowney until after boundary changes following the famine in 1853 (spellings of placenames are repeated from original records). A new Roscrea Union workhouse was erected on a site around outside of the town on the Templemore road adjacent to Corville. The workhouse could accommodate up to 700 'inmates' and was declared fit for the reception of paupers in March 1842; it received its first admissions during May 1842. During the famine an additional 200 people were accommodated in the workhouse and a fever hospital was built on the site around this time. A large graveyard, probably containing the remains of hundreds of people who died in the Great Famine, was situated behind the workhouse to the south of Kennedy Park. The workhouse was partially demolished and altered, it became a fever hospital and a 'county home' for the 'aged and infirm'. It was closed in 1985/6 and demolished c. 1991.