Synonyms for braubach or Related words with braubach
Examples of "braubach"
was the seat of the former "Verbandsgemeinde" ("collective municipality")
consisted of the following "Ortsgemeinden" ("local municipalities"):
is a former "Verbandsgemeinde" ("collective municipality") in the Rhein-Lahn-Kreis, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. Its seat was in
. On 1 July 2012, it merged with the "Verbandsgemeinde" Loreley.
John of Hesse-
(17 June 1609, Darmstadt - 1 April 1651, Ems) was a German nobleman and general. He was landgraf of Hesse-
. His parents were Louis V, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, and Magdalene of Brandenburg.
In 1622 Darmstadt divided again to create Hesse-Darmstadt-Homburg, and in 1626 Hesse-Darmstadt-
In 1643, Hesse-Darmstadt-Butzbach returned to Hesse-Darmstadt, and the same occurred to Hesse-Darmstadt-
is a municipality in the Rhein-Lahn-Kreis, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is situated on the right bank of the Rhine, approx. 10 km southeast of Koblenz.
has assorted medieval architecture intact, including portions of the town wall, half-timbered buildings, and castle Marksburg on the hill above.
The German Castles Association () or DBV is dedicated to the conservation of historic defensive and residential buildings as witnesses of history and culture and has its head office at Marksburg castle above
on the Rhine. It owns the organisation known as the European Castles Institute ("Europäisches Burgeninstitut") or (EBI) whose library and archives are housed in Philippsburg Castle in
Until 1951, passengers could change in Zollhaus to the narrow-gauge Nassau Light Railway ("Nassauische Kleinbahn", NKB), connecting to Sankt Goarshausen and
on the Rhine.
In 1276 King Rudolf of Habsburg made
a free city under Count Gottfried of Eppstein. Count Eberhard I of Katzenelnbogen bought the city and castle in 1283. Until 1479, the Counts rebuilt the castle constantly. The castle was never conquered and never destroyed. The City of
was the administrative centre of the Katzenelnbogen wine production with Rhens, Spay, Boppard, Horchheim and Salzig and an amount of 33000 l of wine in 1438 and 84000 l of wine in 1443.
Castle chapels were usually consecrated to saints; especially those associated with knighthood, such as Saint George or Saint Gereon. In 1437, the chapel of Saint Mark at the castle in
, Germany, gave the castle its present name: the Marksburg.
He studied theology in Giessen, and later taught school in Frankfurt am Main. In 1792 he became a pastor in
, and in 1800, a parish priest in Breckenheim.
In the 1845 travel guide "Le Rhin," Victor Hugo notes: "Then comes
, named in a charter of 933, fief of the Counts Arnstein of Lahngau; an Imperial city under Rodolph in 1270, a domain of the Counts of Katznellenbogen in 1283; accruing to Hesse in 1473; to Darmstadt, in 1632, and in 1802 to Nassau.
, communicating with the baths of the Taunus, is charmingly situated at the foot of a high rock, crested by Marksburg, the castle of which is now a state prison.
Loreley is a "Verbandsgemeinde" ("collective municipality") in the Rhein-Lahn-Kreis, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It was historically part of the Duchy of Nassau, a sovereign state until 1866, and is currently located in the Nassau Nature Park. It is situated on the right bank of the Rhine, adjacent to the Nassau district and approx. 25 km southeast of Koblenz. Its seat is in Sankt Goarshausen. It was named after the Loreley Rock. On 1 July 2012, it merged with the former "Verbandsgemeinde"
. Initially, the new "Verbandsgemeinde" was named "
-Loreley", but it was renamed "Loreley" on 1 December 2012.
During her family exile in Friedewald, Johannetta (aged 15) married on 30 September 1647 to Landgrave John of Hesse-
(aged 37), younger brother of George II, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt; however, Louise Juliane retained the regency of the County of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn for her two daughters. After four years of childless union, Landgrave John died on 1 April 1651 in Bad Ems.
Johannetta of Sayn-Wittgenstein (27 August 1632 – 28 September 1701), was a German noblewoman member of the House of Sponheim, Sovereign Countess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn-Altenkirchen and by her two marriages Landgravine of Hesse-
and Duchess of Saxe-Marksuhl (later Saxe-Eisenach).
A native of
, Schlusnus studied with voice teachers in Berlin and Frankfurt before making his debut at Hamburg's opera house in 1915. Schlusnus sang at Nuremberg from 1915 to 1917 and at the prestigious Berlin State Opera from 1917 until 1951. He was engaged by the Chicago Opera for its 1927-28 season and appeared at the Bayreuth Festival in 1933.
Will Tremper was born in
, Germany to innkeeper Heinrich Tremper and his wife Emilie and died in Munich, Germany. Tremper arrived in 1944 in Berlin at the age of 16, to work as a photographer. He survived the war unharmed and started working for a newly established Berlin newspaper Der Tagesspiegel.
One year later (1652), Louise Juliane finally handed over the County of Sayn to her daughters, who was divided in two parts: Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn-Hachenburg (for Ernestine) and Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn-Altenkirchen (for Johannetta, who was at that time Dowager Landgravine of Hesse-
A stone keep was built on the spot in 1100 by the Eppstein family and expanded into a castle around 1117 to protect the town of
and to reinforce the customs facilities. It was first mentioned in documents in 1231. The Eppsteins were a powerful family in the region, with several members becoming archbishops in Mainz and Trier. In 1283, Count Eberhard of Katzenelnbogen bought it and throughout the 14th and 15th century the high noble counts rebuilt the castle constantly.
Copyright © 2017