Synonyms for breachwood_green or Related words with breachwood_green
Examples of "breachwood_green"
Wandon Green lies 1 mile south of
and includes Diamond End.
Lye Hill lies ½ mile south of
, and its population is 33.
Darleyhall lies ½ mile west of
, and its population is 30.
Mill is a Grade II listed tower mill at King's Walden, Hertfordshire, England which has been converted to residential accommodation.
Winch Hill lies 1 mile south-west of
. It is made up of several houses and a derelict farm adjacent to Eastern perimeter of London Luton Airport; much of the land here is owned by the Crown Estates.
The main settlement is now
, and there are also the hamlets of King's Walden, Ley Green, Darleyhall, Lye Hill, Wandon End, Wandon Green and Winch Hill. At the south of the parish there is Lawrence End Park.
Robert Murray "Bob" Hawkes (18 October 1880 in
– 12 September 1945) was an English footballer who played for Luton Town, became their first international player, and competed in the 1908 Summer Olympics.
lies 1 mile south-west of the old village, and its population is 614.
was serenaded by a Hitchin comedian, Paul B. Edwards, in a song making fun of the quiet village. The village has one pub, The Red Lion which is owned by Green King. The village has the only school (
JMI) in the parish which was built in 1859. During the 1970s there was a separate Post Office and Village Stores located in different parts of the village. The Post Office was originally located in Chapel Road next to the Red Lion this moved a few hundred yards along the road to north near St Mary's rise, it then moved again in the mid-1970s to the village store on retirement of the village postmistress. The Village Store closed during the 1990s and has become part of a neighbouring car showroom which was formerly the village petrol station. To the north of the village is a partially restored windmill (without sails).
owes it existence to the farming community as the village was originally a collection of farms, Wheelwrights, Blackmiths and substantial stables. The village also has a large gothic Chapel.
Mill is a five storey tower mill. The tower is outside diameter at the base with brickwork thick. It is high to curb level. The dome shaped cap was winded by a "fantail" and there were four "Patent sails". The "great spur wheel" was of cast iron and the mill drove two pairs of "millstones".
Roundwood Park School is a mixed, 11-18 secondary school with academy status situated in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, UK. Opened in 1956, it currently has around 1200 pupils, most of whom live in the local area and surrounding villages (e.g. Markyate, Southdown, Whitwell, Kimpton, Flamstead, Redbourn,
and Wheathampstead.) At the beginning of 2011, Roundwood (along with Sir John Lawes School, the University of Hertfordshire, Rothamsted Research formed a charitable trust. St George's School joined the trust in 2013 and it is now known as "The Harpenden Secondary Schools Trust".
Copyright © 2017