Synonyms for breidnes_peninsula or Related words with breidnes_peninsula

kirkeleksikon              valevatn              tranabakkan              kvamskameratene              berfœttr              pistolklubb              telemark_troms              nettlihans              naesmarianne              årosskogen              gjerseth              ingebrigtsli              erdmannbreen              straumsvola              nupskammen              hübnerbreen              sigrød              dekefjellet              meråkerposten              gjekstad              polarhistorie              askevatnet              gneysovaya              sjøgård              ygranes              ravneberget              sirijord              tallets              menighetsråd              gimre              svatsum              skarholmen              høgtun              veidekonge              sørvest              nunavut_axel_heiberg              nordvestnytt              thuwani              lützow_holm_bay              grundnes              kyrkberget              sparebank_sparebanken              kuvaas              dalécarlie              jacobsenannika              gåsvatn              kartheia              lønnå              forbordsfjellet              austbygda             



Examples of "breidnes_peninsula"
Club Lake () is a glacial salt-water lake in the central part of Breidnes Peninsula in the Vestfold Hills of Princess Elizabeth Land, part of the Australian Antarctic Territory.
Lake Vereteno is a narrow glacial lake, long, located in the northeast part of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills in Princess Elizabeth Land, part of the Australian Antarctic Territory. The lake is approximately south of Luncke Ridge.
Plog Island () is an island long in Prydz Bay, north of Lake Island and west of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. Mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition (1936–37) and named "Plogoy" (plow island), as being descriptive of the island's shape.
Station Tarn () is a small fresh-water pond near the west end of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills, immediately north of Heidemann Bay in Princess Elizabeth Land, part of the Australian Antarctic Territory. So named by the first ANARE (Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions) party at Davis Station because of its proximity.
Bluff Island is an island lying south of Magnetic Island and west of the Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills, in Prydz Bay, Antarctica. It was mapped from aerial photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936–37, re-emapped by the Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (1957–58) and so named because the south end of the island is marked by a steep cliff face.
Warriner Island () is a small island lying just off the west end of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. First mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. Named by Antarctic Names Committee of Australia (ANCA) for A. Warriner, radio officer at Davis Station, 1961.
Trigwell Island () is an island in Prydz Bay, lying immediately west of Flutter Island and 1 nautical mile (1.9 km) west of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. First mapped from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. Remapped by ANARE (Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions) (1957–58) and named for E.S. Trigwell, radio supervisor at Davis Station in 1958.
Lugg Island is a small island lying northwest of Lake Island, off the west end of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills, Antarctica. It was first plotted from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936–37, and was named by the Antarctic Names Committee of Australia for Dr. D. Lugg, medical officer at Davis Station, 1963, who visited the island for biological studies.
Breidnes Peninsula () is a rocky peninsula, long and wide, between Ellis Fjord and Langnes Fjord in the Vestfold Hills. It was mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition (1936–37) and named "Breidneset" (the "broad promontory").
Turner Island () is an island lying 0.5 nautical miles (0.9 km) northwest of Bluff Island and 2.5 nautical miles (4.6 km) west of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills, in Prydz Bay. Mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. Remapped by ANARE (Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions) (1957–58) and named for P.B. Turner, radio officer at Davis Station in 1958.
Davis Anchorage () is an anchorage in Antarctica about in extent with general depths of , lying off Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. It is bounded on the west by the Krat Rocks and the Hobby Rocks, and on the east by the rocks and shoal water extending offshore from Davis Station. The anchorage has been used by Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions ships to Davis Station, for which it is named, since 1957.
Dingle Lake () is a salt-water glacial lake lying just west of Stinear Lake, on the Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills of Princess Elizabeth Land, part of the Australian Antarctic Territory. It was mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936–37, and was named by the Antarctic Names Committee of Australia for Robert Dingle, Officer in Charge at Davis Station in 1957.
Flutter Island is an irregular-shaped island, almost cut in two, lying in Prydz Bay between Trigwell Island and Breidnes Peninsula, near the Vestfold Hills of Antarctica. It was first mapped from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition (1936–37) as two islands. It was remapped as a single island by the Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (1957–58) and named for Maxwell J. Flutter, officer in charge at Davis Station in 1958.
Magnetic Island is a small island northeast of Turner Island, lying off Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. It was mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. Visited by an Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE) party led by Phillip Law on March 3, 1954. So named because magnetic observations taken there by J. Brooks showed the declination to be anomalous.
Redfearn Island () is a small island lying just west of Warriner Island and 1 nautical mile (1.9 km) off the west end of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. First plotted as two small islands by Norwegian cartographers working from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. Replotted as a single island from ANARE (Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions) air photos of 1957-58. Named by Antarctic Names Committee of Australia (ANCA) for H.T. Redfearn, diesel mechanic at Davis Station, 1961.
Heidemann Bay () is a bay, long, indenting the seaward end of Breidnes Peninsula in the Vestfold Hills of Antarctica, just south of Davis Station. It was mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936–37. The bay was first visited by an Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions party from the "Kista Dan" on January 11, 1957, and was named for Frank Heidemann, second mate of the "Kista Dan".
Langnes Fjord () is a narrow fjord, long, between Langnes Peninsula and Breidnes Peninsula in the Vestfold Hills of Antarctica. It was mapped from air photos by the Lars Christensen Expedition (1936–37) and named after Langnes Peninsula. John Roscoe's 1952 study of air photos taken by U.S. Navy Operation Highjump (1946–47) revealed that this fjord continues farther east than was previously mapped, and that it includes what had been plotted as an isolated lake which the Norwegians had called "Breidvatnet."
Lake Island is a small island between Plog Island and Flutter Island, lying in Prydz Bay just west of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. It was mapped by Norwegian cartographers from air photos taken by the Lars Christensen Expedition, 1936-37. It was remapped by Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE) (1957–58) and so named because a lake occupies the northern part of the island.
Trajer Ridge () is a rock ridge about 125 m high at the south side of the base of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills. The region was photographed by U.S. Navy Operation Highjump (1946–47), ANARE (Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions) (1954, 1957 and 1958) and the Soviet Antarctic Expedition (1956). Named by Antarctic Names Committee of Australia (ANCA) for F.L. Trajer, weather observer at Davis Station (1961) who, with M. Hay, visited the feature on foot on November 4, 1961.
Lake Jabs is a small lake next east of Club Lake in the central part of Breidnes Peninsula, Vestfold Hills, Antarctica. The area was photographed by U.S. Navy Operation Highjump (1946–47), Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (1954–58) and the Soviet Antarctic Expedition (1956). The lake was named by the Antarctic Names Committee of Australia after B.V. Jabs, a weather observer at nearby Davis Station in 1961.