Synonyms for bungay or Related words with bungay
Examples of "bungay"
Royal Air Force
or more simply RAF
(known locally as Flixton) is a former Royal Air Force station located south-west of
, Suffolk, England.
Castle is in the town of
, Suffolk by the River Waveney.
John Charles Winter was born on 19 June 1923 in
, Suffolk. He was educated at
The Pima Air & Space Museum as of 2013 has a Liberator N7866 with nose art "
Buckaroo" related to the 446th Bomb Group stationed at
may owe his magical reputation to a separate Friar
, who seems to have been a magician in the 15th century.
High School is a mixed-sex secondary school with academy status in the town of
in the north of the English county of Suffolk. It caters for children aged 11 to 18. The school was founded as
Grammar School in 1565 and became
High School in 1974. It occupies a site on the Queens Road site to the south of the town centre.
Edwards was born in Monmouthshire in 1777. Early in the nineteenth century he went to
, Suffolk, to engrave portraits and illustrations for the Bible, "Pilgrim's Progress", and similar works published by the
printer Charles Brightly. He left
after Brightly's death, but eventually returned and settled there until his death on 22 August 1855. He was buried in the cemetery of Holy Trinity,
is a town in Suffolk, East Anglia, England.
Station: Killed on the Railway" – (Unknown Date)
Reports what probably the first accident on the
/Beccles Section. On the 4:50pm
–Beccles train "When going over the bridge on the
side of the factory, the engine lost the metals, dragging with it eleven tracks and two Passenger Cars for about seventy yards, when it ran off the embankment with some of the coaches."
The railway arrived with the Harleston to
section of the Waveney Valley Line opening in November 1860 and the
to Beccles section in March 1863.
had its own railway station near Clay's Printers. The station closed to passengers in 1953 and freight in 1964.
Town Football Club is an English football club based in
, Suffolk. The club are currently members of Anglian Combination Division One and play at the Maltings Meadow Sports Ground.
As it opened in stages the line closed in stages. The
- Harleston section closed in late 1960 but freight between
and Beccles lingered on until August 1964.
Childs died at
on 12 August 1853, in his seventieth year.
Photographic evidence shows the following classes of engine worked through
Restoration work on the castle began in 1934, following work by the amateur archaeologist Leonard Cane. The curtain walls and the twin towers of the gatehouse remain today, as well as a fragment of the keep.
Castle was given to the town of
by the Duke of Norfolk in 1987, and is now owned by the
Castle Trust. The castle is a Grade I listed building.
The Hall is about northwest of Ditchingham off the B1332 road between
, Suffolk and Norwich.
serves a similar sidekick role in "Doctor Mirabilis", James Blish's fictional biography of Roger Bacon.
From 1960 the line was split into sections – Tivetshall to Harleston and Beccles to
Sir Donald Keith Falkner died at
, Suffolk, aged 94, in 1994.
Copyright © 2017