Synonyms for caistor or Related words with caistor
Examples of "caistor"
Keelby is within the catchment area of three secondary schools, Healing Comprehensive,
Mountain was born in
, Lincolnshire on 16 January 1897.
3 years later Nick Strutt moved down to
The masts are mostly in the parish of
Bourne | Bracebridge Heath |
| Grimsby Town | Haxey | Lindum | Louth | Market Deeping | Messingham | Nettleham | Sleaford | Woodhall Spa
It covers Gainsborough, Market Rasen, Sudbrooke, Cherry Willingham, Nettleham, Welton,
was a rural district in Lincolnshire, Parts of Lindsey from 1894 to 1974.
Yarborough Academy is a mixed 11–16 yrs secondary school based in the Lincolnshire market town of
, England. The school was founded as
Yarborough School on 18 October 1938, and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2013. The school serves a large area of rural Lincolnshire, with a number of pupils travelling from outside the local area to attend the school, including pupils from Grimsby and Scunthorpe. It performs consistently well at GCSE.
Canal was a 4-mile (6.4 km) canal in Lincolnshire, England, constructed between 1793 and 1798. It fell into disuse sometime after 1850 and was legally abandoned in 1936. It ran from the River Ancholme, near South Kelsey toward
through six locks, terminating at Moortown, 3.5 miles (5.6 km) away from its intended terminus at
. Parts of it were dredged in 2010, to aid flood defences in South Kelsey.
The academy occupies a hilltop site on the edge of the town of
. Featuring predominantly Georgian architecture,
was established as a Roman fortress, due to its excellent strategic position on the North Western edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, and a number of ancient freshwater springs, which would have been the primary water source for the settlement. Now recognised as a valuable historical site,
has numerous listed buildings and two Scheduled Ancient Monuments, one being the original Roman walls.
Caistor's Cottage, in
Road, once a tiny cottage belonging to a shepherd called Castor.
The River Rase flows through the town and is crossed by Jameson Bridge,
Road Bridge and Crane Bridge.
The former RAF
is chiefly within the parish, and the concrete bases of three Thor IRBM launch pads remain.
On September 27, 1993, John "David" Munday, of
Centre, Ontario, completed his second journey over the falls.
The town, which is mentioned in the "Ravenna Cosmography", and the "Antonine Itinerary", was a settlement near the village of
St. Edmund, some south of present-day Norwich, and a mile or two from the Bronze Age henge at Arminghall. It lies on the River Tas. The embankments of Venta Icenorum can still be seen at
Several notable roads and paths run over the Wolds.
High Street, the path of a Roman road and now the route of the B1225, runs from
to Baumber near Horncastle. The ancient Bluestone Heath Road follows the course of an ancient drove road from west to east across the Wolds, and several "A" roads also run through the AONB.
In 1885 "Kelly's Directory" noted five farmers and Owmby Mount, a now Grade II listed c.1840 country house at the north-west edge of the hamlet. Living at Owmby Mount in 1885 was the
Rural Sanitation Authority inspector of nuisances and registrar of births marriages and deaths for
Originally a township of
, it was briefly a civil parish but since 1932 forms part of the civil parish of Grasby .
It was formed by the Local Government Act 1894 from
rural sanitary district. It entirely surrounded, but did not include, the town of Market Rasen.
St. Edmund Chalk Pit () is a 23.8 hectare geological Site of Special Scientific Interest in Norfolk, England, notified in 1968.
Copyright © 2017