Synonyms for calau or Related words with calau
Examples of "calau"
There are no "Bundesstrassen" going through
, the motorway junction
is seven km to the northwest at the A 13.
(, ) is a small town in the Oberspreewald-Lausitz district, in southern Brandenburg, Germany. It is situated 14 km south of Lübbenau, and 27 km west of Cottbus.
is also called the home of the Kalauer.
(1724–1785) was a German portrait painter, who used an encaustic technique.
is situated at the railroad lines Cottbus–Leipzig and Lübbenau–Senftenberg.
Between 1818 and 1952, Zschornegosda and Naundorf were part of Kreis
The district was formed in 1993 by merging the previous districts
and Senftenberg and small part of the district Bad Liebenwerda.
Within the Prussian Province of Brandenburg, Lauta was part of Landkreis
. Within the East German Bezirk Cottbus, it was part of Kreis Hoyerswerda. With German reunification in 1990, it became part of Saxony.
The Town of
is situated in the middle of the Niederlausitz, about 27 km west of Cottbus at the eastern edge of the Lower Lusatian Ridge Nature Park as well as at the southern edge of the famous Spreewald.
After crossing the lake Faber, Tawachiche west road meets a junction that connects the road Tawachiche is up to the Lake Price. This branch passes near lakes
(connected to Lake Suève), Welch, Puce, Lefebvre and "Lake à Mousse".
Today the area comprises the Brandenburg districts of Oberspreewald-Lausitz and Spree-Neiße with the unitary authority of Cottbus, as well as parts of Elbe-Elster, Dahme-Spreewald, and Oder-Spree. Important towns beside Cottbus and the historic capitals Lübben and Luckau include
, Doberlug-Kirchhain, Finsterwalde, Forst, Guben/Gubin, Lauchhammer, Lübbenau, Senftenberg, Spremberg, Vetschau, and Żary in present-day Poland.
The constituency was created for the 2002 election, when the number of constituencies in Brandenburg was reduced from twelve to ten as part of an overall reduction of constituencies in Germany. It contains the whole of the former Cottbus – Guben – Forst constituency, with the addition of the town of Spremberg from the abolished Senftenberg –
– Spremberg constituency.
The Lusatian Lake District lies in Lusatia between
in Brandenburg and Görlitz in Saxony. The extent of what will become Europe's largest artificial lake district is an area 80 kilometres from east to west and, depending on the boundary chosen, 32 to 40 kilometres from north to south.
There are only a few people with Sorbian roots living in
today, although the Sorbs were quite a large minority in 1843 with about 30.8 percent of the overall population. In following years the number of Sorbs decreased rapidly, and in 1900 only 3.5 percent of the population were Sorbs.
The transmitter station
, which belongs to the Deutsche Telekom radiates a variety of VHF-and TV-programmes of the rbb for Brandenburg. Its radio mast is a reinforced concrete tower of 190 m height, the so-called "Langer Calauer", in the southwest of town. It was built in 1982.
Via the state road L 53 Altdöbern is connected with Großräschen (B 96) to the south and
to the north. Next Autobahn junctions are "Freienhufen" and "Bronkow" at A 13 (Berlin–Dresden) and "Cottbus-West" at A 15 (Berlin–Forst).
The area around
is strongly characterized by former brown-coal-mining sites, which are valuable retreat areas for animals and plants nowadays. Many places are left to nature after recultivation, the Heinz-Sielmann-Stiftung adopted numerous areas, others are managed near-natural and sustainably by the "Landesforstverwaltung".
The Lübbenau-Kamenz railway is a single-track main line in the German states of Brandenburg and Saxony, which was originally built and operated by the Berlin-Görlitz Railway Company (). It branches from the Berlin–Görlitz railway in Lübbenau and runs via
and Senftenberg to Kamenz in Saxony. It connects there with the Kamenz–Pirna railway.
Valentin Naboth was born in
(Niederlausitz) to an originally Jewish family. He was the younger brother of the Lutheran theologian and author Alexius Naboth. In 1544, Valentin immatriculated at the University of Wittenberg, at the time Philipp Melanchthon, Erasmus Reinhold, Johannes Bugenhagen, Paul Eber, and Georg Major taught there. In 1550 he transferred to the University of Erfurt.
was born at Friedrichstadt in Holstein in 1724, son of the painter Christoph
. He trained under his father, and in 1743 followed him to St Petersburg, returning to Germany in 1746. He moved to Leipzig in 1752, and was appointed court painter there four years later. His work consisted chiefly of portraits and of heads painted from his own imagination. He usually painted in dark tones, often using as his medium a form of "Carthaginian" or "Punic" wax ("cire éléodorique"), which he had devised in an attempt to revive an encaustic technique used in antiquity and referred to by Pliny. In 1769 he published a book on the method, entitled "Ausführlicher Bericht, wie das Punische oder das Eleodorische Wachs aufzulösen".
A number of long-distance trains ran on the Cottbus–Eilenburg section, continuing towards Leipzig, until 1990. For example, services between Frankfurt (Oder) and Frankfurt (Main) and between Cottbus and Erfurt. Similarly, there was an international express service from Leipzig to Kraków. Typical stops for long-distance services were
, Finsterwalde, Doberlug-Kirchhain, Falkenberg (Elster), Torgau and Eilenburg. The Eilenburg–Halle section, however, primarily served regional passenger and freight traffic, at least since 1945.
Copyright © 2017