Synonyms for castlerahan or Related words with castlerahan
Examples of "castlerahan"
The Roman Catholic Parish of
and Munterconnaught is one of the parishes in the Diocese of Kilmore. St. Bartholomew's Church, Knockatemple (built 1847) is the Munterconnaught part of the parish, and St. Mary's Church,
(built 1834) and St. Joseph's Church, Ballyjamesduff (built 1966) are in the
part of the parish.
Kingscourt Stars were the defending champions after they defeated
in the previous years final.
is a Gaelic Athletic Association club from Ballyjamesduff, County Cavan in Ireland. They are affiliated to Cavan GAA. The club fields team in Gaelic football only.
The townland of Doon in the civil parish of Mullagh is in the electoral district of Crossbane. It is also situated in the former barony of
. The first game was played before the Cavan Senior Football Championship final between
and Kingscourt and finished Ramor 1-08 Laragh 0-11.
The townland covers . Finternagh is one of a number townlands of the Irish civil parish of Killinkere in the barony of
, County Cavan, Province of Ulster.
6 clubs - Ramor United, Laragh United, Crosserlough, Cavan Gaels,
and Knockbride - as well as two amalgamated teams - Southern Gaels (Gowna/Lacken) and St. Joseph's (Arva, Killeshandea and Drumlane). The teams for the 2015 Championship was decided by the top six teams in the Lakeside Manor Hotel Minor Football League Division 1 (Southern Gaels, St Josephs, Ramor, Crosserlough,
and Cavan Gaels) and the top two teams in the Lakeside Manor Hotel Minor Football League Division 2 (Knockbride and Laragh).
He died on 17 February 1717, and is buried in the old church of Kill, in the parish of Crosserlough, barony of
, County Cavan, in a tomb bearing his family arms, which was still in good preservation in 1836.
On 23 October 2016, Ramor United from Virginia claimed their 4th S.F.C. title when defeating
0-10 0-8 in the final at Breffni Park and thus bridging a 24-year gap since since their last triumph.
Lisnahederna () is a townland located in County Cavan, Ireland. The name means the fort of the ambush. It is located in the parish of Mullagh, the barony of
Loghan, or Loughan, a parish, partly in the barony of
, county of CAVAN, and province of ULSTER, but chiefly in the barony of UPPER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. W.) from Kells, on the road from Dublin by Kells to Enniskillen; containing 3795 inhabitants, of which number, 339 are in the village of Loghan.
The Cavan Junior Football Championship is the third tier football championship. The Junior champions go on to play in the Intermediate football Championship. The 2013 Cavan Intermediate County Champions are Kill who became champions for the third time with a 1-point win over Arva. Templeport,
and Butlersbridge are the most successful junior teams, having won five each.
The 2015 Cavan Minor Football Championship was played between August and October 2015. It is premier minor championship in Cavan. 8 teams took part − 6 clubs - Ramor United, Laragh United, Crosserlough, Cavan Gaels,
and Knockbride - as well as two amalgamated teams - Southern Gaels (Gowna/Lacken) and St. Joseph's (Arva, Killeshandea and Drumlane).
He held incumbencies at
, County Cavan and then Ballintemple, Cork. He was Dean of Emly from 1818, until 1825 when he became Dean of Kilmore, a position he held until his death on 30 March 1860 at Danesfort, County Cavan. He succeeded to the barony of FitzGerald and Vesey in 1843 following the death of his brother; the title became extinct on his death.
Several prominent members of the O’Reilly sept were made freeholders. John's uncle and former Tánaiste Emon was granted the barony of
and was put in charge of rent collection for the entire county. The barony of Clanmahon was divided between Cathaoir Gearr, John's other uncle, and the influential local magnate Pilib an Phrior of Clan Mahon. These territories also answered directly to the government instead of John O’Reilly.
Parts of Cavan were subjected to Norman influence from the twelfth century and the remains of several motte and bailie fortifications are still visible mainly in the east of the county, as well as the remains of stronger works such as
and Clogh Oughter castle. The influence of several monastic orders also owes its origins to around this time with abbey remains existent in locations such as Drumlane and Trinity Island.
The first GAA club founded in Cavan was Ballyconnell in 1885. However the club didn’t affiliate to GAA Central Council until March 1886 so that can be taken as the founding of the GAA in Cavan and Ulster. The most successful club in Cavan is Cornafean with 20 Senior Football Championship titles, their last title was won in 1956. The most successful club in recent years has been Cavan Gaels GAA which has won 6 of the last 10 Senior Football Championships. Kingscourt Stars are the current senior football champions, having defeated
in the 2015 decider. No team from Cavan has ever won a national or provincial title.
The Cavan Senior Football Championship is an annual Gaelic Athletic Association club competition between the top Cavan Gaelic football clubs. It was first competed for in 1888. The winners get the Oliver Plunkett Cup and qualifies to represent their county in the Ulster Club Championship and in turn, go on to the All-Ireland Senior Club Football Championship. Cornafean have won the most titles, having been victorious 20 times. The current senior football champions are Ramor United who defeated
in the 2016 decider.
The churches he caused to be built in Kilmore were Tullaghan (Kinlough) in 1770, Inishmagrath 1770, Laragh 1770, Kilmainhamwood 1775, Cavan 1774, Knocktemple (
) 1780, Ballyconnell 1780, Bunnoe 1780, Tierworker 1788, Kildallan 1785, Killeshandra 1790, Ballinagh 1790, Killoughter 1790, Glenade 1790, Kilargue 1791, Corronea reconstructed 1795, Kildoagh 1797 & Derrylin 1797. These were mostly single cell barn churches and the best preserved example is the old disused Holy Trinity church in Kildoagh, Templeport. He also founded four Latin schools in the diocese including Laragh Latin School.
Killinkere gave its name to an Irish civil parish and was located mainly in the barony of
, but partly in the barony of Upper Loughtee, all in County Cavan in the Province of Ulster. The Civil Parish of Killinkere was used for local taxation and was shown on the nineteenth century Ordnance Survey of Ireland maps. For poor law purposes the Civil Parish was replaced by District Electoral Divisions in the mid-nineteenth century. According to the 1851 census the Civil Parish had a total of 49 townlands.
Copyright © 2017