Synonyms for clanmahon or Related words with clanmahon
Examples of "clanmahon"
The village is in the Cavan–Monaghan constituency in the electoral division of Kilbride. For planning applications or land registration purposes, it is in the barony of
Several prominent members of the O’Reilly sept were made freeholders. John's uncle and former Tánaiste Emon was granted the barony of Castlerahan and was put in charge of rent collection for the entire county. The barony of
was divided between Cathaoir Gearr, John's other uncle, and the influential local magnate Pilib an Phrior of Clan Mahon. These territories also answered directly to the government instead of John O’Reilly.
He was the eldest son of Maelmora (Myles) O'Reilly and Catherine O'Reilly, daughter of Colonel Charles O'Reilly of County Leitrim. He seems to have been the first of the O'Reilly clan to have dropped the prefix "O" before the surname. He was described in 1713 as being formerly of Clonlyn, County Cavan, but as of then of Ballymacadd, County Meath and of Garryrocock, County Cavan (now the townland of Roebuck, parish of Kilbride, Barony of
Philip Reyley (recte O’Reilly) (b. c.1630 - d. after 1689) was an M.P. for Cavan County (Parliament of Ireland constituency) in the Parliament of Ireland of 1689, known as the Patriot Parliament. He was known as Philip Reilly senior to distinguish him from Philip Og O'Reilly the contemporaneous M.P. for Cavan Borough. He lived in Aghacreevy townland in the Civil Parish of Ballymachugh, Barony of
, County Cavan. Reyley was probably the "Philip Reilly senior" who was elected a member of Cavan Corporation on 23 February 1688.
Kilmore gives its name to an Irish civil parish which is located mainly in the barony of Upper Loughtee, but partly in the barony of
, all in County Cavan in the Province of Ulster. Civil Parishes were used for local taxation purposes and their boundaries are shown on the nineteenth century Ordnance Survey of Ireland maps. For poor law purposes the Civil Parish was replaced by District Electoral Divisions in the mid-nineteenth century. According to the 1851 census the Civil Parish of Kilmore had a total of 91 townlands.
Copyright © 2017