Synonyms for cloridorme or Related words with cloridorme

hemmingford              maniwaki              causapscal              matane              chibougamau              portneuf              papineauville              lachute              marieville              matawinie              etchemin              coaticook              laprairie              mistassini              cowansville              pierrefonds              ormstown              plessisville              laurentides              beauceville              louiseville              shippagan              napierville              beloeil              pabos              duparquet              mistissini              boucherville              niverville              chapleau              berthierville              pikogan              grondines              mcmasterville              amqui              puvirnituq              neguac              hornepayne              bellechasse              dolbeau              bougoumou              deschambault              lachenaie              aumond              estrie              lanoraie              kuujjuaq              chapais              goulbourn              memramcook             



Examples of "cloridorme"
In addition to the village of Cloridorme itself, the township's territory also includes the communities of Cloridorme-Ouest, Petite-Anse, Pointe-à-la-Frégate, and Saint-Yvon.
Cloridorme is a township municipality in the Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec, Canada. Cloridorme's economy is centered on fishing. Its population, according to the 2006 Canadian Census was 764. The township stretches for along the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and includes Cloridorme Bay where the Little and Great Cloridorme Rivers have their mouths.
The area was first settled in 1838 by people from Montmagny. In 1853, a mission was set up, called Sainte-Cécile-de-Cloridorme. In 1871, the geographic township was formed, the following year the post office opened, and the year after that, the mission became a parish. In 1885, the Township Municipality of Cloridorme was established.
The municipality was formed in 1957, when it separated from the Township Municipality of Cloridorme. Its name (French for "Little Valley") describes its location in the hollow of a shallow valley and dates back to at least 1754 when it appeared on a map by Jacques-Nicolas Bellin.
The name Cloridorme is of uncertain origin. It is believed that it was named after an early settler from the early 19th century named Cloridan Côté, originally from Saint-Thomas-de-Montmagny. But this is unlikely since the name had been in use since the 18th century. A map of 1755 shows the plural form "Les Cloridormes", which had changed to "Les Chlorydormes" by the 19th century and remained in use until the early 20th century.