Synonyms for conrey or Related words with conrey
Examples of "conrey"
became the institute's director in 1997.
a trend that started with Montgomery's pair correlation conjecture. Keating's and Snaith's work extended works by
, Ghosh and Gonek, also conjectural, based on number theoretic heuristics;
, Farmer, Keating, Rubinstein, and Snaith later conjectured the lower terms in the asymptotics of the moments. Snaith's work appeared in her doctoral thesis "Random Matrix Theory and zeta functions".
Vat jou goed en trek! Is a home renovation show that helps South African families, struggling to sell their homes. A team consisting of an interior designer, a landscape architect, a general contractor and a leading real estate agent meet with home owners and have 72 hours to renovate three areas of the property, dress the property and show it to potential buyers. Vat jou goed en trek! Is currently on its second season and is produced by
Entertainment for the Afrikaans channel Kyknet. The show was created by George van Rooyen and Henck
and is presented by
. The show also stars Lara Fourie, Kevin Brider, Kyle Moolman and Wilma Swanepoel.
In 2014, John Edmark, Professor of Art and Art History at Stanford, spoke about his current work in mathematics-inspired sculptures, and Brian
, executive director of the American Institute of Mathematics, gave a lecture on the Twin Primes Conjecture and the Riemann Hypothesis.
is an American mathematician and the executive director of the American Institute of Mathematics. His research interests are in number theory, specifically analysis of L-functions and the Riemann zeta function. He received his B.S. from Santa Clara University in 1976 and received his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan in 1980.
The James D.
House is a historic house located on an old intercity road in southeastern Butler County, Ohio, United States. Although the identification is unclear, it may have once been a tavern on the road, which connects Cincinnati and Columbus. A well-preserved piece of the road's built environment, it has been designated a historic site.
of Syracuse University wrote that "What these essays in Islamophobia/Islamophilia make evident, both individually and collectively, is that the discourse of hate and love mobilized in constructions of Muslims as enemies and friends should be examined, and challenged, within the specific historical, local, and political frameworks from which they emerge."
In 1913, Governor Hiram Johnson appointed Shenk to succeed Nathaniel P.
as a judge in the Los Angeles Superior Court, and in 1924 Governor Friend W. Richardson named him to the California Supreme Court, where he sat for thirty-five years and wrote 1,355 opinions.
In late 2003, the
House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, qualifying because of its historically significant architecture. Despite the additions of 1900, and despite the sandblasting that has been applied to the walls, components such as the Doric columns and pilasters on the portico make it an exceptional piece of the Greek Revival style of architecture.
Green and his partners fled to Iowa where they stole spare license places from two vehicles and kidnapped two Knoxville police officers, Burt
and John Neuman, before returning to Missouri. Releasing the hostages in Unionville on January 29, they also dropped off Woulfe who was arrested at a hospital in Coffeyville, Kansas four days later. Woulfe, who had been shot in the groin, died soon after being transferred to the county jail in Liberty, Missouri.
Mathematicians remain skeptical, and neither proof has been subjected to a serious analysis. The main objection to his approach comes from a 1998 paper (published two years later) authored by Brian
and Xian-Jin Li, one of de Branges' former Ph.D. students and discoverer of Li's criterion, a notable equivalent statement of RH. Peter Sarnak also gave contributions to the central argument. The paper which, contrarily to de Branges' claimed proof, was peer-reviewed and published in a scientific journal gives numerical counterexamples and non-numerical counterclaims to some positivity conditions concerning Hilbert spaces which would, according to previous demonstrations by de Branges, imply the correctness of RH. Specifically, the authors proved that the positivity required of an analytic function "F"("z") which de Branges would use to construct his proof would also force it to assume certain inequalities that, according to them, the functions actually relevant to a proof do not satisfy. As their paper predates the current purported proof by five years, and refers to work published in peer-reviewed journals by de Branges between 1986 and 1994, it remains to be seen whether de Branges has managed to circumvent their objections. He does not cite their paper in his preprints, but both of them cite a 1986 paper of his that was attacked by Li and
. Journalist Karl Sabbagh, who in 2003 had written a book on the Riemann Hypothesis centered on de Branges, quoted
as saying in 2005 that he still believed de Branges' approach was inadequate to tackling the conjecture, even though he acknowledged that it is a beautiful theory in many other ways. He gave no indication he had actually read the then current version of the purported proof (see reference 1). In a 2003 technical comment,
states he does not believe RH is going to yield to functional analysis tools. De Branges, incidentally, also claims that his new proof represents a simplification of the arguments present in the removed paper on the classical RH, and insists that number theorists will have no trouble checking it. It must be stressed that Li and
do not assert that de Branges' mathematics are wrong, only that the conclusions he drew from them in his original papers are, and that his tools are therefore inadequate to address the problems in question.
The early history of the
House is obscure. It appears to have been constructed in 1840 by one Ellis Johns, although his involvement has not been demonstrated beyond a doubt. Popular legend holds that it was once the "Spread Eagle Tavern", an inn serving travellers between Cincinnati and Lebanon; although it sits on the old road connecting the two cities, documentation for the tavern's existence is lacking. Although a farmhouse for part of its history, it was also once a restaurant, the Colonial Farm Restaurant. The distinctive roofline serves as the origin for another of its names, "Seven Chimneys".
While some critics appreciated the features and urban appeal of "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", many criticized Carey's lack of presence on the song. While describing the singer as taking the "back-seat" throughout a large portion of the song, Becky Bain from Idolator complimented Carey's vocal runs towards the bridge and final chorus. "Spin"s Julianne Shepherd felt that while a strong release, "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" didn't feature enough of Carey, given the near three-year gap between her last release, "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" (2009). A writer from "Rolling Stone" described the singer as "bewilderingly AWOL" throughout most of the song, but felt that she was "on-point" during her part. In a similar vein, Robert
from "Digital Spy" was disappointed with the song's "lack of Mariah Carey."
Norman Levinson (August 11, 1912 in Lynn, Massachusetts – October 10, 1975 in Boston) was an American mathematician. Some of his major contributions were in the study of Fourier transforms, complex analysis, non-linear differential equations, number theory, and signal processing. He worked closely with Norbert Wiener in his early career. He joined the faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1937. In 1954, he was awarded the Bôcher Memorial Prize of the American Mathematical Society and in 1971 the Chauvenet Prize (after winning in 1970 the Lester R. Ford Award) of the Mathematical Association of America for his paper "A Motivated Account of an Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem". In 1974 he published a paper proving that more than a third of the zeros of the Riemann zeta function lie on the critical line, a result later improved to two fifths by
Nevada City, settled June 6, 1863, contemporary in settlement with Virginia City,as miners following the Fairweather party settled the length of Alder Gulch, and established homes, and businesses in convenient locations, the length of the gulch was known as 14 mile city. Nevada City was the first to become an incorporated city, on February 9, 1865, fully constituted a body corporate and politic. During the selection of Territorial Capitol Nevada City was considered with Bannack, and Virginia City for that distinction. The early city limits of Nevada City started 400 feet west of W. R. Lockwood’s house in Central City then went south ½ mile, West 1 ¾ mile, and then south to the place of beginning. (Leeson's History of Montana 1735-1885). Many of the early inhabitants moved on to other sites. In 1896, the
Placer Mining Company was organized to dredge the gulch for the next 24 years, destroying many of Nevada City’s buildings. The dredges were then disassembled and the heavy wooden barges were left to slowly be reclaimed by nature. Other original Nevada City buildings were destroyed when the highway was built through the area. Over the years 14 original structures were preserved and remain in Nevada City, the majority of the buildings present today, were moved into the Nevada City Street plan by Charlie Bovey, of Bovey Restorations, the heir to the General Mills fortune (Blumenthal 2). Restoration started in the 1950s, following his purchase of the property from the Stiles family.
House is a brick building set on a foundation of limestone. Although the roof is primarily metal, asphalt and rubber sections are also present. The single-story facade is divided into three sections: the center, framed by a pediment and columns, with both window and door space; and the right and left, each of which is pierced by two windows. These windows are framed by cut stone windowsills and lintels, and their shutters date from the house's construction. Small friezes are placed in conjunction with the windows on the sides, and both front and side are decorated with a tall entablature. Both side and front are elevated enough to permit the placement of windows high on the basement walls, while the shallow hip roof is pierced by seven different chimneys. When erected, the building had the shape of the letter "U", with the opening to the rear, although construction in 1900 saw small porches added to the northern and southern sides and an addition to close the opening in the "U".
Copyright © 2017