Synonyms for contrecoeur or Related words with contrecoeur
Examples of "contrecoeur"
Northeast of Montreal the autoroute parallels Route 132, bypassing the steelmaking centres of
The port also has a terminal at
, on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River about 40 kilometres downstream from Montreal. The port owns land along four kilometres of waterfront at
. This land will be used to increase the port's container-handling capacity once its land on the island of Montreal reaches full capacity.
Prior to the 2004-05 season, the Action were known as Les Éperviers de
. It is not known what year the Éperviers were founded.
Monceau witnessed the French surrender before walking barefoot to the Monongahela River and paddling down it to report to
, commanding at Fort Duquesne. Tanacharison sent a messenger to
the following day with news that the British had shot Jumonville and but for the Indians would have killed all the French. A third and accurate account of the Jumonville Glen encounter was told to Jumonville's half-brother, Captain Louis Coulon de Villiers, by a deserter at the mouth of Redstone Creek during his expedition to avenge his brother's murder.
The transmission tower near the plant is part of a 735 kV transmission line crossing the Saint Lawrence River. It is high, making it the tallest in Québec. The power station's terminal substation is linked to the power grid by four 230 kV lines to Boucherville, Varennes,
, Carignan (lines 2320 and 2322) and Sorel-Tracy (lines 2332 and 2336).
CBF went on the air on December 11, 1937, as the CBC launched its French-language network (Radio-Canada). CBF replaced CRCM, a station operated by the Canadian Radio Broadcasting Commission on 600 kHz, alternating with CFCF. CBF operated on 910 kHz using 50,000 watts full-time with an omnidirectional antenna as a clear channel (class A) station. The transmitter was located in
Claude-Pierre Pécaudy de Contrecœur was an officer in the colonial regular troops (troupes de la marine), seigneur, and member of the Legislative Council of New France. Born on December 28, 1705 at Contrecœur, Quebec, son of Francois-Antoine Pécaudy de
, a seigneur and officer in the colonial regulars, and Jeanne de Saint-Ours. Died on December 13, 1775 in Montreal, Quebec.
Trent and his men had not completed Fort Prince George when a large French military expedition of 600 soldiers, led by Sieur de
, surrounded the English colonists. They forced Trent to surrender and return with his men to Virginia. The French force included engineers. After demolishing Fort Prince George, they began building the larger, more complex Fort Duquesne (at present-day Pittsburgh).
Antoine Pécaudy came to New France in 1665 and was still an active military man attaining the rank of captain. He led numerous campaigns and was wounded several times. He stayed in Canada at the time the regiment disbanded. A number of the officers who stayed were granted generous lands. His seigneury gave its name to present day
In 1892, it was redefined to consist of the town of Longueuil, the villages of Verchères, Boucherville, Chambly Basin, Chambly Canton and Varennes, the municipality of St. Lambert, and the parishes of Boucherville, Chambly, Longueuil, St. Basile le Grand, St. Bruno, St. Hubert, Varennes, Ste. Julie, Verchères,
, Ste. Théodosie, St. Antoine, St. Marc and Beloeil.
The name Télébec originated with the first telephone company to operate a municipal system in the town of Bécancour, "Téléphone Bécancour", which was founded in 1965 by a group of businessmen. Three years later, Télébec merged with seven other phone companies: Téléphone Princeville ltée, Télécommunication Richelieu ltée, Téléphone de
ltée, Compagnie de Téléphone La Tuque ltée, Télécommunications de l'Est ltée, Compagnie de Téléphone Arthabaska ltée, and Compagnie de Téléphone Pontiac ltée.
The next two ships to depart from France were "La Paix" and "L’Aigle d’Or". The former carried the companies of La Colonelle, celles de
, Maximy, and Sorel, and on board the latter were de Salières, La Fredière, Grandfontaine and La Motte. These both were royal ships of the king’s navy that departed from La Rochelle 13 May 1665, arriving at Quebec 18 August 1665.
Malo was born in
, Quebec, and graduated with a Master of Business Administration degree from the Université de Sherbrooke. From 1996 until 2001, he was an attaché and chief of staff for Stéphane Bergeron, the Member of Parliament (MP) for Verchères—Les Patriotes, then called Verchères. In 2003 and 2004, he continued to serve as an attaché, becoming a research associate for the riding's Member of Parliament in 2005. He presently works as an advisor and business development consultant.
The CIT Sorel-Varennes (CITSV), formally the "Conseil Intermunicipal de Transport Sorel-Varennes", provides public transportation to the municipalities in the area northeast from Montreal along the right bank of the Saint Lawrence River in Quebec, Canada. The communities served by CITSV stretch downstream along Quebec Highway 132, from Varennes through Saint-Amable, Verchères,
, Saint-Roch-de-Richelieu to Tracy, Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel and Sorel.
To date, there are only two known spawning grounds (Chambly archipelago and the channel downstream from the Saint-Ours dam) and a nursery area (Saint-Marc-sur-Richelieu) has been identified in the Richelieu River. Very recently, the presence of copper redhorse has again been reported in the Lavaltrie-
sector of the St. Lawrence River. The reasons for its presence in this stretch of the river in the spring and early summer (pre-spawning congregation, spawning or migration route) and fall (wintering grounds) could not be determined. High quality copper redhorse habitat is in decline. Its apparent extirpation from the Yamaska and Noire rivers is closely linked to environmental degradation.
He was born in
, Lower Canada and educated at L'Assomption College. He studied law with notary Isidore Hurteau in Longueuil, later qualifying to practice as a notary. In 1859, he married Delphine Beaudoin. Hurteau served three years as mayor of St-Lin and three years as warden for the county. He also served as secretary-treasurer of schools. Hurteau was vice-president of the Laurentian Railway Company. His election in 1874 was overturned after an appeal but he won the subsequent by-election in 1875 by acclamation.
Malhiot was born François-Xavier-Amable Malhiot at Verchères, Quebec in 1781, the son of François Malhiot. Malhiot joined the Royal Canadian Volunteer Regiment as an officer and later became a lieutenant-colonel in the militia, serving during the War of 1812. In 1804, with one of his brothers, he took over the family business. In 1805, he married Julie Laperière and inherited land in the seigneury of
after the death of his father-in-law in 1807; he became principal seigneur in 1818. In 1814, he purchased land in the seigneury of Saint-Ours.
The first official mention of Jean Blouf in Canada is Ville-Marie in the census of 1666 in Boucherville, while trying to establish a trade as a cobbler. However, he soon left this for the employment under Lord François Jarret de Vercheres, from whom he received a concession of land. The grant consisted of several acres on the side of
. In exchange for the grant, he had to establish residence there. When Jean decided to accept the conditions, he had already been residing there for some time; knowing the resources and climate. This allowed him to quickly acclimate and begin progressing his colonial career.
The first Verchères electoral district was created in the "British North America Act", 1867, and abolished in 1892 when it was merged into Chambly riding. It covered the area bounded on the northeast by the County of Richelieu, on the northwest by the Saint Lawrence River, on the southeast by the Richelieu River, and on the southwest by the southeastern limits of the Parishes of Chambly, Saint Bruno and Boucherville, including all islands in the Saint Lawrence and Richelieu Rivers nearest to Verchères and wholly or in part opposite to it. Verchères comprised, therefore, the Parishes of Varennes, Verchères,
, Beloeil, Saint Marc, Saint Antoine and Sainte Julie.
He was born in Saint-Antoine-sur-Richelieu, Lower Canada, the son of André Craig and Marie-Louise Leboeuf. He was admitted to the practice of medicine in 1845 and practised at Sainte-Élisabeth,
, Saint-Antoine and Montreal. In 1857, he married Marie-Césarie Lenoblet Duplessis. Craig was a landowner in the Eastern Townships. He was also an agent for the Equitable Life and International Life insurance companies. He held the chair of internal pathology and clinical medicine at the Montreal School of Medicine and Surgery. Craig was president of the Colonization Society for Verchères County and also served as justice of the peace and commissioner for the trial of small causes. He died in Montreal at the age of 59.
Copyright © 2017