Synonyms for dégelis or Related words with dégelis
Examples of "dégelis"
is in the Témiscouata Regional County Municipality in administrative region of the Bas-Saint-Laurent. Parish
is part of the Archdiocese of Rimouski.
is located on the south slope of St. Lawrence River in southeast of Quebec and southwest of Gaspé near the border with New Brunswick. Most important cities near
are Rivière-du-Loup in northeast La Pocatière, Quebec in to west and Edmundston in New Brunswick to southeast.
territory covers an area of .
CFVD-FM is a French language hot adult contemporary radio station that operates at 95.5 FM in
, Quebec, Canada.
Owned by Radio
, the station was licensed in 1978 at 1370 AM and was licensed to convert to FM in 1994.
Located on the banks of the Madawaska River (Saint John River), the city owes its name to a physical phenomenon: a zone of the river located in front the village, that never freezes. A "
", in Old French, means a zone on the water free of ice (which is the phenomenon observed in
), a local winter thaw (no apparent reason), meaning an opening in the ice during the seasonal thawing.
The economy of
revolves mainly around the forest industry. The city is home to a sawmill which produces hardwood briquettes of maple, oak, beech, and ash. The municipality has reduced hours of operation.
Route 295 is a 98 km two-lane north/south highway in Quebec, Canada, which starts in Saint-Jean-de-Dieu at the junction of Route 293 and ends in
at the junction of Autoroute 85.
The airport is unique among Canadian airports in that its runway straddles the interprovincial border between New Brunswick and Quebec and is located in Patrieville, New Brunswick in Madawaska County and
, Quebec in the Témiscouata Regional County Municipality.
The mission Catholic founded in 1860 took the name of "Sainte-Rose-du-Dégelé. The choice of Sainte-Rose as a protective was conducted by Langevin, bishop of Rimouski from 1867 to 1891 in honor of Rose Marquis, benefactress of the mission. The parish canonically was erected in 1885 and the municipality of parish was officially created the same year kept the same name. This does not prevent Le Naturaliste Canadien (English: The Canadian Naturalist), a scientific publication, refer to them as the "Sainte-Rose-du-
" in 1882. The post office of the place was called Sainte-Rose-du-Dégelé since 1879 and kept it until 1968. In fact, 1967, the name of the municipality was changed to "Sainte-Rose-du-
" for lexical considerations. In 1969, the name was shortened to "
" when the place received town status.
was founded in 1885 and its initial name was Sainte-Rose du Dégelé. Before its foundation, it was a military fort used to defend Canada's border with United States. Four families of British soldiers lived in two locations in the territory of the current city from 1814 to 1823 . In 1839, the construction of the fort began on the current city of
. The small fort was part of a series of forts which included Fort Ingall. Soldiers and settlers inhabited the fort and its surrounding area. Some settlers remained in the region after the Aroostook War.
The area corresponding to
is named "Dégelé" (English: "thawed") in a report by Joseph Bouchette in 1815. The spelling at the time varies considerably. Clerical and administrative documents dating from 1858 to 1878 refer to the parish under the name Dégely, Ste. Rose Dégely, or (Sainte-Rose-du) Dégeli. Names "Sainte-Rose-du-Dégel" and "Dègelis" were also used for a period.
is a city in Témiscouata Regional County Municipality within the Bas-Saint-Laurent region of Quebec. Its population in the Canada 2011 Census was 3,051. The Madawaska River flows from Lake Témiscouata, through Degelis, to join the Saint John River at to the East at Edmundston, New Brunswick.
The Iroquois River originates at the mouth of Lake Iroquois (length: ; altitude: ), located in the municipality of
, Quebec, in MRC Témiscouata Regional County Municipality (RCM). This lake is located in a small valley facing southeast, which counts ten lake. This valley extends to the northwest on the other river side, part of the Owen River.
The Iroquois River is a tributary of the Saint John River (Bay of Fundy) emptying in New Brunswick, in Canada. This river flows into the Notre Dame Mountains, in the municipality of
, Quebec, in Temiscouata Regional County Municipality (RCM), in administrative region of Bas-Saint-Laurent, in Quebec; and in the Madawaska County, in New Brunswick, in Canada.
Kamouraska-Témiscouata is a former provincial electoral district in Quebec, Canada that elected members to the National Assembly of Quebec. As of its final election, it included the municipalities of Kamouraska, La Pocatière, Saint-Athanase, Packington,
Route 2 was a previous number used for a major highway in the Canadian province of Quebec. The highway stretched from the Ontario border at Rivière-Beaudette to the New Brunswick border southeast of
. The highway was part of a de facto interprovincial Route 2 that stretched from Windsor, Ontario to Halifax, Nova Scotia, connecting Ontario Highway 2 to New Brunswick Route 2, and further to Nova Scotia, connecting with Trunk 2.
The Madawaska River originates in Lake Témiscouata, about meters. The river follows a winding course generally oriented on South-East. The river runs through successively
, Quebec, in Quebec; then the parish of Saint-Jacques Parish and Edmundston, in Madawaska County, in New Brunswick. The river empties into the left side of Saint John River in downtown Edmundston and facing the American town of Madawaska.
ZEC is located in the administrative region of Bas-Saint-Laurent, near the borders of New Brunswick and Rimouski Wildlife Reserve. The border Quebec-New Brunswick serves as the boundary to the east limit of the ZEC. The Madawaska River serves as southern boundary of the ZEC. The route 185 between
with Edmundston in New Brunswick along the southern boundary of the ZEC. Raymond Lake is the northernmost territory. ZEC is surrounded by municipalities in the Témiscouata Regional County Municipality.
From the New Brunswick border, the A-85 briefly parallels the main runway of the Edmundston Airport, which straddles the interprovincial border. The A-85 travels in a northwesterly direction, following the course of the Madawaska River. The autoroute passes
to the west with exits at km 12, km 14, and km 15. Briefly skirting the south shore of Lake Témiscouata, the A-85 passes through Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac, with exits at km 29, km 37, and km 40 (which provides access to Parc nationale Lac-Témiscouata). At Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! (km 48), the controlled-access highway ends and the route resumes its designation as Route 185.
Copyright © 2017