Synonyms for di_sciarra or Related words with di_sciarra

girolamo_colonna              guido_ascanio_sforza              pio_di_savoia              di_santa_fiora              flavio_chigi              alderano_cybo              pozzobonelli              iuniore              cinzio              francesco_barberini              annibale_albani              virginio_orsini              giacomo_savelli              ippolito_aldobrandini              cybo              girolamo_mattei              teodoro_trivulzio              sfondrati              ganganelli              gozzadini              prospero_colonna              carafa              lorenzo_pucci              seniore              carbognano              bevilacqua_aldobrandini              antonio_barberini              della_corgna              alessandro_farnese              panciroli              calandrini              di_campofregoso              bolognetti              sanvitale              odoardo_farnese              innocenzo_cibo              tolomeo_gallio              acquaviva_aragona              trivulzio              madruzzo              roverella              pietro_ottoboni              serbelloni              dei_conti_di              di_montalto              alfonso_gesualdo              riario              capizucchi              pamphilj              cardinal_prospero_colonna             



Examples of "di_sciarra"
He was the Grand-nephew of Cardinals Girolamo Colonna di Sciarra and Prospero Colonna di Sciarra.
Girolamo Colonna di Sciarra (8 May 1708 – 18 January 1763) was an Italian Catholic Cardinal of the noble Colonna di Sciarra family.
Prospero Colonna di Sciarra (January 17, 1707 – April 20, 1765) was an Italian cardinal of the family of the dukes of Carbognano. He was the brother of cardinal Girolamo Colonna di Sciarra.
In 1728, the Carbognano branch (Colonna di Sciarra) of the Colonna family added the name Barberini to its family name when Giulio Cesare Colonna di Sciarra married Cornelia Barberini, daughter of Urbano Barberini, the last legitimate male Barberini heir.
As such, Barberini is also listed in some records as "Benedetto Barberini Colonna di Sciarra".
In 1728, the Carbognano branch (Colonna di Sciarra) of the Colonna family added the name Barberini to its family name when Giulio Cesare Colonna di Sciarra married Cornelia Barberini, daughter of the last male Barberini to hold the name and granddaughter of Maffeo Barberini (son of Taddeo Barberini).
Born in Rome, he was the brother of Prospero Colonna di Sciarra and grand-uncle of Benedetto Barberini, who, after the merger of the Barberini and Colonna families, was also referred to as Benedetto Barberini Colonna di Sciarra. He was a distant relative of Oddone Colonna, who was elected to the papacy as Pope Martin V. He was also lay abbot of Santa Maria in Sylvis, in Friuli.
The legitimate male Barberini line became extinct at Urbano's death in 1722 and the Barberini name and title's were transferred to Giulio Cesare and the House of Colonna di Sciarra.
Gradually, the representatives of royal courts arrived to Rome with the instructions of their monarchs. On June 4 entered Cardinal Luynes with the instructions of Louis XV of France. Five days later he officially announced the nomination of Cardinal Prospero Colonna di Sciarra to the post of Protector of France. But the Imperial Cardinal von Rodt was still awaited.
Barberini was born 22 October 1788, the youngest of ten children to his father "Carlo Maria Barberini" of the Barberini family, duke of Montelibretti and prince of Palestrina who assumed the last name Colonna di Sciarra after the merger of the two families. His mother was Countess "Giustina Borromeo Arese".
West of the bell tower is the "Palazzo della Cancelleria" ("Chancellor's Palace"), built in brickwork in the 12th–13th centuries, with a height of . In front of it is the Abbot's Residence, featuring coats of arms of several lay abbots, including Giovanni Alberto Badoer, Carlo Pio di Savoia-Carpi, Girolamo Colonna di Sciarra and Giovanni Cornaro. This edifice is the current town hall of Sesto al Reghena.
In 1714, now 50 years old and still without a legitimate male heir, Barberini married 22-year-old Maria Teresa Boncompagni (daughter of Gregorio II Boncompagni, Duke of Sora, and Ippolita Ludovisi). They had one daughter, Cornelia Constance Barberini. When she was 12 years old, Urbano's brother Francesco encouraged her to marry Giulio Cesare Colonna di Sciarra. Maria Teresa wrote hundreds of pages to the Pope urging him to disallow the marriage knowing that as a Cardinal, Francesco could perform the marriage ceremony himself.
The episcopal see of Milan became empty at the death of Cardinal Federico Borromeo in September 1631. Pope Urban VIII at first appointed as new Archbishop of Milan the Cardinal Girolamo Colonna di Sciarra, but the Spanish government, under which was the Duchy of Milan, refused the mandatory assent with the justification that Colonna was not a native of Milan. Thus on 20 December 1632 the pope appointed Cesare Monti, born in Milan, as Archbishop of Milan: the Spanish government at first opposed, but later gave its assent on 30 May 1633. On 28 November 1633 Cesare Monti was proclaimed Cardinal Priest and on the same date he resigned as Latin Patriarch of Antioch. Monti returned in Rome on 24 June 1634 and he took the title of Santa Maria in Traspontina on 6 August 1634.
In 1653 Cardinal Antonio Barberini bought most of the land within the Janiculum walls between Porta Portese and Porta San Pancrazio to build an estate mainly used as a farm. In 1811 the property was acquired by the Colonna di Sciarra, who gave the villa its current name and enlarged it by acquiring the land belonging to Monastero di San Cosimato. In the 1880s Prince Maffeo Sciarra Colonna went bankrupt and the estate was split and a large part of it became a residential area. The last owners, George Wurts and his wife Henrietta Tower, who was the sister of Charlemagne Tower, established the remaining land as a botanic garden and aviary complex embellished with an original sculptural decoration coming from an 18th-century Lombard villa near Milan. The park was given to Benito Mussolini by the widowed Henrietta in 1932 on condition it became a public park.
Without the popes, the city fell into the hands of the Di Vicos. In the fourteenth century, Giovanni di Vico had created a seignory extending to Civitavecchia, Tarquinia, Bolsena, Orvieto, Todi, Narni and Amelia. His dominion was crushed by Cardinal Gil de Albornoz in 1354, sent by the Avignonese popes to recover the Papal States, who built the castle. In 1375, the city gave its keys to Francesco Di Vico, son of the previous tyrant, but thirteen years later the people killed him and assigned the city first to Pope Urban VI, and then to Giovanni di Sciarra di Vico, Francesco's cousin. But Pope Boniface IX's troops drove him away in 1396 and established a firm papal suzerainty over the city. The last Di Vico to hold power in Viterbo was Giacomo, who was defeated in 1431.
Through its history, the town was successively in the feudal domain of several powerful families. Jacopo Caldora and his son Antonio controlled Pacentro from the late 13th century until the defeat of the Angevin Kings of Naples in mid-15th century. The Neapolitan branch of the Orsini family took control in 1483 and as allies of the Aragonese Kings, they were wealthy enough to extensively remodel the castle and expand the town. For the brief period of 1613-1624, Capitano Barone Antonio Domenico De Sanctis from the nearby town of Roccacasale ruled Pacentro. However, due to insolvency, his feudal domain was dismembered and sold off to creditors. In 1626, the Colonna family purchased the fief and added Count of Pacentro to their many titles. In 1664 Maffeo Barberini purchased Pacentro from the Colonna (the family of his mother, Anna Colonna). Maffeo's granddaughter Cornelia was the heir to the Barberini estate as the male line had died out. When she married Giulio Cesare Colonna di Sciarra in 1728, the two houses were united as the Barberini Colonna di Sciara family. By the mid-18th century, financial reasons caused the Barberini to sell the fief to marquis Francesco Recupito di Raiano, whose family lost their feudal rights with the abolition of feudalism by King Joseph Bonaparte in 1806. The local nobility and gentry often controlled most local affairs while their masters generally remained in Rome, Naples or L'Aquila. An example of this is the 17th-century nobleman, Orazio Rossi, who was Luogotenente (or Lieutenant) of the Marchese Recupito di Raiano. Pacentro was also united politically with the nearby towns of Cansano and Campo di Giove for much of the 18th and early 19th century due to their common ownership by the same Feudal Lord.