Synonyms for dormered or Related words with dormered
Examples of "dormered"
The Oddfellows Building is a historic Odd Fellows mixed-use commercial building at Central Square in Stoneham, Massachusetts. It is a -story wood-frame building, with a
Viscount Kenmare designed the house himself. The house was two stories high and had
attics and steep, slated roofs. There were thirteen bays in front of the house, with three bays on each side of the center breaking forward. A servant’s wing was added around 1775.
It was home of John Wesley Callahan, steamship businessman. It is a two-and-a-half-story house with a
hipped roof supported by a monumental portico with four Corinthian columns. It has a curved one-story porch around three sides of the house.
Reynolds House is a historic home located at Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina. It was built about 1855, and renovated in 1905 in the Colonial Revival style. It consists of a two-story double pile plan brick core structure with a third floor within a
mansard roof. It features a wraparound porch.
The land under what would become the historic district was purchased in 1796 by Nicholas Low, a prominent New York merchant. The houses were built in 1844 (MacDougal Street) and 1850 (Sullivan Street) by Low's estate, in the fashionable Greek Revival style. The original plans for the houses called for street level retail space and
It was declared to be a National Historic Landmark in 1970, as one of the city's finest examples of French-influenced architecture. It is a three story brick stuccoed building, with a
hip roof and cupola. Shallow ironwork balconies with austere styling adorn the second floor.
The W.A. Edwards House is a historic house on Main Street in Evening Shade, Arkansas. It is a 1-1/2 story wood frame structure with a
side-gable roof, and a front-facing cross gable with decorative shingling. A single-story porch extends across much of the front and one side, supported by a sandstone foundation and turned posts. Built c. 1890, by a prominent local merchant, it is one of the community's few 19th century buildings.
The site at Assinins originally consisted of multiple buildings, including over 15 log cabins, spread over approximately . It currently consists of a school building (now used as a warehouse) and several orphanage buildings. The largest structure is the Old St. Joseph Orphanage and School, which stands three stories tall, and is built of rubble with a
gable roof. Nearby is a cemetery holding the graves of missionaries Father Gerhard Terhorst, Monsignor Melchior Faust, Father John Henn, and Father Anthony Vermare.
Robert Colgate House, also known as Stonehurst, is a historic home located in the Hudson Hill section of the Bronx in New York City. It was built about 1860 and is a two story picturesque Italianate villa built of ashlar Maine granite. It features a low-pitched
roof with broad eaves surrounding a flat deck. It was built for Robert Colgate (1812–1885), son of pioneer soap manufacturer William Colgate.
The center is a two-story wood frame structure, 2-1/2 stories in height, with a
gable roof and a three-story circular observation tower at one corner. The roof extends down to shelter a porch that encircles the building. The exterior walls are finished in wooden clapboards, with bands of decoratively cut wooden shingles. The structure is built directly on a ledge that slopes down to the shore, where there is a rocky beach.
tiled roof building, also known as "The Eyes of Ruthin" due to the seven dormer windows, originally framed with timber but replaced with brick in the late 18th century. The Dutch design, long, steeped roof is attributed to Sir Richard Clough, an Elizabethan merchant. It has four tiers of dormer windows, each at a different elevation, known locally as the seven eyes of Ruthin.
The Pinkham House is a historic house at 79 Winthrop Avenue in the Wollaston Heights neighborhood of Quincy, Massachusetts. The 2-1/2 story wood frame house was built in the 1870s by George Pinkham, the manager of the Wollaston Land Company, which developed Wollaston Heights, and is the only house in Quincy that has a direct association with the Pinkham family. The house is a handsome example of Second Empire styling, with a
flared mansard roof, quoined corners, and bracketed eaves.
The Fletcher House is a historic house at 909 Cumberland Street in Little Rock, Arkansas. It is a two-story American Foursquare house, with a
hip roof, weatherboard siding, and a single-story hip-roofed porch across the front. Built in 1900, it is a well-kept version of a "budget" Foursquare developed by architect Charles L. Thompson. It has simple Colonial Revival style features, including the porch columns and balustrade.
The Patman House was a historic house at Mountain and Jackson Streets in Pangburn, Arkansas. It was a 1-1/2 story T-shaped wood frame structure, with a
gable roof, novelty siding, and a foundation of brick piers. It had modest vernacular Colonial Revival styling. It was built in the 1890s as a frame version of a dogtrot, but was significantly altered in the early 1920s, after Pangburn achieved prosperity as a railroad town.
The Robbins Stoeckel House stands south of the village center of Norfolk, on the west side of Litchfield Road just south of the Mountain View Inn. It is a 2-1/2 story wood frame structure, with a
gable roof, and an exterior finished in stucco and wooden shingles. A gambrel-roofed ell extends from the north side. A fieldstone chimney rises on the front facade, near the junction between the original main block and the ell.
According to the National Park Service, "the frame building, a fine example of a Carolina "low country" plantation house, shows West Indian influence, with its double-tiered piazza and
hip roof." The house is made of black cypress and rests on a brick foundation which forms a cellar. The house is forty feet wide and fifty feet deep. Each floor has four rooms with a central hall. The piazzas were added in 1845 and replace an earlier verandah.
The Oudenaarde Town Hall was a late flowering of secular Brabantine Gothic architecture, carrying on the stylistic tradition of the town halls at Leuven, Brussels, and Middelburg. Above the ground-story arcade with vaulted ceiling, the building displays typical features of its regional forerunners: a richly decorated facade with pointed-arch windows separated by canopied niches, and a steep,
roof surrounded by an openwork parapet. The niches, although designed to contain statues, stand empty.
Daffin House is a historic home located at Hillsboro, Caroline County, Maryland, United States. It is a large, 2½-story brick structure built about 1780. Attached is a two-part, 1½-story Flemish bond brick wing built about 1760, with a
gable roof. It was constructed by Charles Daffin who received a patent for the land in 1784 under the name of Daffin’s Farm.
Woodward House is a historic home located in Richmond, Virginia. The original section was built about 1782. It was subsequently enlarged to a 2 1/2-story, three bay, frame dwelling. It sits on a brick basement, has a
gable roof, and three exterior end chimneys. During the first two decades of the 19th century, it was the home of John Woodward, Captain of the Sloop "Rachell", and other craft operating from "Rocketts."
On the first floor level which is built inside the roof space of the shed are timber framed malt storage bins lined with pine boards on a malthoid paper backing. A central corridor running north east to south west along the length of the shed allows access to the storage bins. On this level in the centre of the north west elevation is a
loading bay which opens via double timber doors onto the railway siding.
Copyright © 2017