Synonyms for epsach or Related words with epsach
Examples of "epsach"
is a municipality in the Seeland administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
The entire village of
is designated as part of the Inventory of Swiss Heritage Sites
The municipality is located in the low hills between Lake Biel and the Seeland region. It consists of the villages of
, Klus and Baar.
The area around
has been inhabited since at least the Bronze Age and the remains of what appears to be a Roman era settlement were discovered between
and Walperswil. During the Late Middle Ages there were several additional settlements within the borders of the modern municipality. The village of Frenschen was mentioned in 1233 but was abandoned in 1377. Less is known about the abandoned settlement of Gummen, but it was probably abandoned during the Middle Ages.
and the surrounding villages were part of the parish of Täuffelen which was part of the "Herrschaft" of the Counts of Neuchâtel-Nidau. Between 1388 and 1393 the entire Herrschaft was acquired by the city of Bern. Under Bernese rule the Nidau district was divided into four sections, including the
quarter. During the 18th century
was the most populous village in the quarter. Today
is a mostly agricultural village that specializes in producing cherries. However, the number of commuters to jobs in nearby towns has continued to rise.
has a population () of . , 2.4% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (2001-2011) the population has changed at a rate of 2.4%. Migration accounted for 0.3%, while births and deaths accounted for 0%.
It is located on a hill on the edge of the Berner Seeland. Its neighboring municipalities in a clockwise direction from the north are Hermrigen, Kappelen, Walperswil and
has an area of . As of 2012, a total of or 78.2% is used for agricultural purposes, while or 14.2% is forested. Of the rest of the land, or 6.5% is settled (buildings or roads), or 1.5% is either rivers or lakes and or 0.3% is unproductive land.
, there were a total of 27 students attending any school in the municipality. Of those, 27 both lived and attended school in the municipality, while 28 students from
attended schools outside the municipality. During the same year, 28 residents attended schools outside the municipality.
During the 2011-12 school year, there were a total of 22 students attending classes in
. There were no kindergarten classes in the municipality. The municipality had 2 primary classes and 22 students. Of the primary students, 9.1% have a different mother language than the classroom language.
about 55% of the population have completed non-mandatory upper secondary education, and 18.7% have completed additional higher education (either university or a "Fachhochschule"). Of the 32 who had completed some form of tertiary schooling listed in the census, 78.1% were Swiss men, 18.8% were Swiss women.
The lake shore was inhabited during the Neolithic and Late Bronze Age. In addition, prehistoric artifacts have been found in the Täuffelenmoos bogs near the modern village. Both Täuffelen and Gerolfingen grew out of celtic villages. During the Middle Ages Täuffelen village was initially probably part of the Barony of Walperswil. In 1247 it was inherited by the Count of Neuchâtel-Nidau. The Counts held it for about a century and a half, until 1398, when Bern acquired the entire Inselgau, including Täuffelen. Under Bernese rule, Täuffelen, Gerolfingen, Hagneck and
were combined into the Epsachviertel (
Quarter) of the Bailiwick of Nidau. Following the 1798 French invasion, Sutz-Lattrigen became part of the Helvetic Republic district of Seeland. With the 1803 Act of Mediation it became part of the district of Nidau.
In 2011 the average local and cantonal tax rate on a married resident, with two children, of
making 150,000 CHF was 13.2%, while an unmarried resident's rate was 19.4%. For comparison, the rate for the entire canton in the same year, was 14.2% and 22.0%, while the nationwide rate was 12.3% and 21.1% respectively. In 2009 there were a total of 145 tax payers in the municipality. Of that total, 50 made over 75,000 CHF per year. There was one person who made between 15,000 and 20,000 per year. The average income of the over 75,000 CHF group in
was 98,804 CHF, while the average across all of Switzerland was 130,478 CHF.
, there were 7 workers who commuted into the municipality and 115 workers who commuted away. The municipality is a net exporter of workers, with about 16.4 workers leaving the municipality for every one entering. A total of 40 workers (85.1% of the 47 total workers in the municipality) both lived and worked in
. Of the working population, 10.3% used public transportation to get to work, and 63.9% used a private car.
, the population was 53.0% male and 47.0% female. The population was made up of 168 Swiss men (51.2% of the population) and 6 (1.8%) non-Swiss men. There were 152 Swiss women (46.3%) and 2 (0.6%) non-Swiss women. Of the population in the municipality, 151 or about 46.9% were born in
and lived there in 2000. There were 133 or 41.3% who were born in the same canton, while 22 or 6.8% were born somewhere else in Switzerland, and 10 or 3.1% were born outside of Switzerland.
had an unemployment rate of 2.39%. , there were a total of 106 people employed in the municipality. Of these, there were 74 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 20 businesses involved in this sector. 4 people were employed in the secondary sector and there were 3 businesses in this sector. 28 people were employed in the tertiary sector, with 7 businesses in this sector. There were 155 residents of the municipality who were employed in some capacity, of which females made up 41.3% of the workforce.
The village church of St. Peter and Paul was first mentioned in 1228. However, it was probably built on the ruins of an earlier Roman era settlement. The nave is built in an earlier Romanesque style. The church's Barbara Altar became the center of a regional religious fraternity. In 1528 Bern adopted the new faith of the Protestant Reformation as did all of its lands, including Täuffelen. Today the parish includes the villages of
, Hagneck, Hermrigen and Mörigen. The local Catholic church was built in 1971-72.
The small village of Hagnek was part of the parish of Täuffelen and the land was owned by the Counts of Neuchâtel-Nidau. Many of their estates, including Hagneck, were acquired by Bern in 1398. Under Bernese rule, the village was part of the
quarter of the Vogtei of Nidau. Hagneck was quite small and in 1783 was listed as a farm with four houses. The Bernese patrician families of von Erlach and von May owned the fields and farms. Between 1873 and 1878 the Hagneck channel was built as part of the Jura water correction. The new channel began a process of draining the marshes and swamps near the village. In 1899 the Hagneck power station was built along with a canal to provide water for the station. A third project, between 1925 and 1937, drained many of the remaining marshes outside the village. The drainage projects opened up extensive farmland in the rich soil of the former marshes.
Copyright © 2017