Synonyms for erzgeb or Related words with erzgeb
Examples of "erzgeb"
. (lit. "Neuhausen/Ore Mountains") is a municipality in the district of Mittelsachsen, in Saxony, Germany.
The Glassworks Museum of the Ore Mountains () is located in the old socage vault ("Fronfeste") of Purschenstein Castle in Neuhausen/
. in the German Free State of Saxony.
The last preserved locomotive of this class - number 94 2105 - may be found today in the railway museum at Schwarzenberg/
The village of Cämmerswalde in the municipality of Neuhausen/
. lies in the south of the Saxon district of Mittelsachsen in eastern Germany.
)" halt was opened on 1 October 1895 in Dittersbacher Flur as "Seiffen-Dittersbach" stop ("Haltestelle"), but since 1951 it has had the current name after the nearby locality of Seiffen, which is known in the region as Kurort Seiffen/
(Kurort means spa town). In Seiffen, too, there was originally a loading track connected at both ends, which was mainly used by the forestry industry. In contrast to the other intermediate stations, the station has a massive, now unused entrance building.
)" halt was opened on 1 October 1895 as "Niederseiffenbach" stop ("Haltestelle"). Like Oberneuschönberg, the station had a loading track that was connected at both ends. The connecting track of the "Gebr. Einhorn" woodworking company has also branched off the line since 1912. The buildings originally consisted of the entrance building with a service and waiting room, a freight shed and a free access. The station received the present name of "Heidersdorf (
)" on 15 May 1939.
Neuwernsdorf is a village in the municipality of Neuhausen/
. in the extreme south of the new Saxon district of Mittelsachsen, immediately next to the Czech border by Český Jiřetín and the Rauschenbach Dam.
On the Czech side is the municipality of Loučná pod Klínovcem "(Böhmisch Wiesenthal)" and, further west, is Boží Dar "(Gottesgab)". Adjacent municipalities in Germany are Bärenstein, Crottendorf, Sehmatal, Breitenbrunn/
. and Raschau-Markersbach.
The now disused Schönfeld-Wiesa station was formerly the station for changing trains to the Schönfeld-Wiesa-Thum line of the narrow-gauge Thumer Netz. In 2007, it was closed down in favour of the newly established Wiesa (
) halt. Today only the station building and freight shed are left of the former extensive infrastructure.
Between 1963 and 1966, Deutsche Reichsbahn removed the loading track. The connecting line was served until 1990. It was finally abandoned with the termination of the subscriber contract on 31 December 1993. Since then, Heidersdorf (
) has only been a halt.
Linked to it is the route of Ore Mountain/Krušné hory Ski Trail, known in German as the "Skimagistrale" or SM. This cross-country ski trail follows the general course of the Ore Mountain ridgeline, repeatedly alternating between Czech and German territory. It runs via Pernink, Boží Dar ("Gottesgab"), Kovářská, the Hirtstein, Rübenau, Hora Svaté Kateřiny ("Sankt Katharinaberg") and Seiffen/
. to Deutschgeorgenthal in
The Reitzenhain–Flöha railway, one of two lines also called the Flöha Valley Railway (), is a branch line in Saxony in East Germany. It links the city of Chemnitz with Flöha, Lengefeld, Pockau, Olbernhau and Marienberg, formerly also Neuhausen/
. and Reitzenhain and runs through the valleys of the Flöha and the Black Pockau. The line belongs today to DB Regio-Netz Erzgebirgsbahn.
He became a member of the German Communist Party in July 1945 after attending a short course at the anti-fascist school in Rüdersdorf. In 1946 and has been a member of Socialist Unity Party (SED). Rentzsch served as the mayor of the city of Stollberg /
. from 1945 to 1947 and from 1947 to 1948 he was the chief administrator of the district Stollberg.
Purschenstein Castle () in Neuhausen/
. in East Germany was built in the late 12th century, around 1200, probably by Boresch I (Borso). The toll and escort castle protected a salt road running from Central Germany to Bohemia. This long-distance trading route, also called the Old Bohemian Trail ("Alter Böhmischer Steig"), ran from Leipzig past present-day Neuhausen and over the Deutscheinsiedler Saddle towards Prague.
In the following years the railway network was further expanded. Lines in the upper Ore Mountains appeared after Schwarzenberg/
. was given a railway connexion in 1858. In 1866, the railway to Annaberg-Buchholz joined the network and the line to Weipert followed in 1872. The most important reason was the transportation of brown coal from the north Bohemian basin. In 1869 the gap between Flöha and Freiberg was finally closed and the two networks joined together.
)" station is the terminus of the line and had two mainline tracks and five sidings at its opening on 1 October 1895. The clinker entrance building is of a standard design, as it was also used in other Saxon railways. In 1898 the station reached its greatest extent, which now comprised eight tracks with eleven single slip and two double sets of points. In addition to the entrance building, the buildings also included a freight shed and a two-storey roundhouse.
The state-recognised spa resort with its 800-year-old history, lies near Seiffen in the eastern part of the Western Ore Mountains not far from the Czech border. The village is a classic "Waldhufendorf", with a length of over five kilometres. Cämmerswalde is divided into Oberdorf, Mitteldorf and Niederdorf (upper, middle and lower village). Since 1994 Cämmerswalde has belonged to the municipality of Neuhausen/
., but used to be an independent parish with the hamlets of Deutschgeorgenthal, Haindorf and, from 1924, Neuwernsdorf and Rauschenbach.
Mining, the essential historical basis of industrial development in the Ore Mountains, currently plays only a minor economic role on the Saxon side of the border. For example, in Hermsdorf/
. in the Eastern Ore Mountains, calcite is mined, and near Lengefeld in the Central Ore Mountains, dolomite marble is extracted. For the first time in two decades, an ore mine was opened in Niederschlag near Oberwiesenthal on 28 October 2010. It is expected that 50,000-130,000 tons of fluorspar per year will be extracted there.
The Ore Mountain Club () is one of the oldest and most tradition-steeped local history, mountain and hiking clubs in Germany. The club was founded in 1878. After the Second World War the club and its many branches were banned by the East German authorities, but it was refounded in West Germany in Frankfurt am Main in 1955. Only after the political events of "Die Wende" in 1990 was it newly founded in the Ore Mountains. At the end of 2008 the club had over 3,859 members in 61 branches. Before 1945 there were more than 25,000 members. In 1929 the Ore Mountain Club even had over 28,000 members in 156 branches and managed several accommodation houses on the Fichtelberg near Oberwiesenthal and the Schwartenberg between Seiffen and Neuhausen/
Copyright © 2017