Synonyms for gelsenkirchen_bismarck or Related words with gelsenkirchen_bismarck

osterath              duisburg_ruhrort              dieringhausen              eisfelder_talmühle              oberhausen_osterfeld_süd              lebach              neuenmarkt_wirsberg              berlin_blankenheim              berga_kelbra              neuwied_koblenz              wittenberge              köln_hauptbahnhof              bexbach              ihrhove              bochum_langendreer              graben_neudorf              löhne              hohenbudberg              bergisch_märkische              bochum_dahlhausen              köln_deutz              saarbrücken_sarreguemines              aumühle              rheine              nordstemmen              mainz_ludwigshafen              brügge              aachen_hbf              lehrte              hümme              wanne_eickel              salzbergen              koblenz_trier              rheydt              rheinhausen_ost              schifferstadt_wörth              gößnitz              nordbahn              meckesheim              rottweil_villingen              bremen_hbf              pockau_lengefeld              ruhrort              magdeburg_thale              rummelsburg              oldesloe              osterfeld              oebisfelde              altenbeken              anhalter             



Examples of "gelsenkirchen_bismarck"
Borken station is a former railway junction on the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk railway, the Empel-Rees–Münster railway and the Borken–Steinfurt railway. Since 1996, it has been the terminus of the only section of the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk line that is still operating.
Borken is situated 10 km east of the Dutch border. Borken station is the northern terminus on the remaining section of the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk railway.
Freight from Bochum-Langendreer runs over line 2153. This bypasses the stations of Wanne-Eickel and Herne, reaching Recklinghausen and Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck directly.
Bernhard "Berni" Klodt (26 October 1926 – 23 May 1996) was a German football player. He was born in Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck; the goalkeeper Hans Klodt was his brother.
Dorsten station is on the Duisburg–Quakenbrück and the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk railways and is served by regional services to Essen and Dortmund.
The 1968/69 timetable included a Wanne-Eickel–Gelsenkirchen-Zoo–Gelsenkirchen-Schalke–Bottrop-Süd–Oberhausen service. In 1940, there was a Wanne-Eickel–Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Schalke Nord–Gelsenkirchen-Hessler–Essen service.
The Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Hugo junction–Gelsenkirchen-Horst section is now a single-track non-electrified freight line and connects to the network of RBH Logistics GmbH (now part of DB Schenker Rail).
The station was built in 1879 as a joint station of the Rhenish Railway and the Dutch Westphalian Railway. The Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk railway of the Dutch Westphalian Railway was built to supply the textile industry of the Achterhoek region around Winterswijk with coal, but it was also used extensively in the opposite direction to bring food into the growing Ruhr district. The station building, built on an island between the tracks of the Duisburg–Quakenbrück railway (opened on 1 July 1879) on the west and the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk line (opened on 13 June 1880) on the eastern side, is now largely in its original condition.
On 1 May 1905, the Royal Railway Division of Essen ("königliche Eisenbahndirection Essen") opened a southern extension of the reconstructed line from Gelsenkirchen to connect with the line from Essen Hauptbahnhof to Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck (via Stoppenberg and Katernberg-Nord), an originally single-track line, at Frillendorf junction.
Just over a year later, the opening of the section from Schalke BME via Bismarck (now Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck) station to Herne crossing station ("Kreuzungsstation Herne", now" Herne-Rottbruch") closed the gap between the two branches and the first freight trains ran over the entire line on 10 January 1876.
The Gladbeck West station today is now a junction station served by the S-Bahn and the regional services towards Dorsten on the connecting line to Gladbeck-Zweckel on the Winterswijk–Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck railway. North of the tracks is a freight loading facility with a now decommissioned hump for the "Zechen- und Hafenbahn der Ruhrkohle AG".
This two-kilometre section is served by Regionalbahn service RB 43 (Emschertal-Bahn) currently operated by NordWestBahn to the Cologne-Minden Emscher Valley Railway and from Wanne-Eickel over the link (VzG number 2204) to Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck on the line to Dorsten.
The Dutch Westphalian Railway (NWE) began to build its Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck–Winterswijk line in 1878. It opened it together with the line from Borken-Gemen station as a through station on 21 June 1880. It was named Borken (Westphalia) station on 6 March 1883.
The Winterswijk–Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck railway is a formerly continuous, 59 kilometre-long railway line, built by the former Dutch Westphalian Railway Company ("Niederländisch-Westfälische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft"), from Winterswijk in the Netherlands to Bismarck, now part of Gelsenkirchen, in the northern Ruhr region of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Between 1972 and 1974, the line was realigned from the eastern end of Essen Hauptbahnhof as part of the redevelopment for the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn, its connection to the line via Stoppenberg to Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck, which had been abandoned in 1970, was removed and connections were built to Essen-Kray via a flying junction to the two S-Bahn tracks on the south side of the station, as well as to the terminating tracks on the north side of the station.
The main part of the line between Gelsenkirchen Zoo station (one kilometre east of the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck marshalling yard) and Borken station is still open as a non-electrified and largely single-track line. The line is double track from Zweckel junction, near Gladbeck West station, where with a link from the line from Bottrop connects, to Dorsten station. From there to Hervest-Dorsten station the line runs parallel to the line to Coesfeld, creating the impression of a double-track line.
There were no continuous passenger services, however, as only the western section between Schalke and Bismarck was used by passenger trains, starting on 21 June 1880. After the Winterswijk–Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck railway, built by the Dutch Westphalian Railway Company ("Niederländisch-Westfälische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft") was opened for passenger traffic one week earlier, the BME took over its operations and ran its trains through to Essen, which meant that these trains had to reverse in Bismarck.
Following the 1973 oil crisis, all oil-fired engines in the DR were reconverted to coal-firing, because they were indispensable for operations. They were given the old operating numbers that they had had before their modification to oil-firing. In the DB, they were not reconverted because they were soon due for retirement. The last coal-fired Class 44 locomotive with the DB was taken out of service in 1977 at the Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck shed.
It began the construction of the line in Winterswijk, which was already connected to a railway line to Zutphen. From there, the line runs nearly directly to Hervest via Borken. There the line met the Duisburg–Quakenbrück railway, which in the meantime had been opened by the Rhenish Railway Company in 1879, and followed it to Dorsten. The last section ran in a wide arc to the south-east and met the Royal Westphalian Emscher Valley Railway at Hugo junction. The line ended in Bismarck station, now Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck marshalling yard, of the Royal Westphalian Railway Company and the Bergisch-Märkische Railway Company, on the Bergisch-Märkische Emscher Valley Railway. The two companies were already operating in cooperation with each other. Passenger traffic on the line started on 21 June 1880 under the management of the Bergisch-Märkische Railway Company from the beginning.
In addition the construction of several smaller routes followed up to 1876, an extension in an easterly direction, the Upper Ruhr Valley Railway to Arnsberg, Bestwig, Brilon-Wald and Warburg and Holzminden on the Weser river. Here it connected with the line to Kassel of the Frederick William Northern Railway Company, which it took over on 17 April 1868, with its 130-kilometer line from Gerstungen via Bebra and Kassel to Bad Karlshafen for eight million thalers. After 1870 the network was extended on the west bank of the Rhine with the 66 km long line from Rheydt-Odenkirchen to Aue and Düren. During the nationalisation of the company in 1880 the company took over the 78 km railway network of the Dutch-Westphalian Railway Company from Gelsenkirchen-Bismarck to Dorsten, Borken to Winterswijk in the Netherlands, with a branch from Borken to Bocholt.