Synonyms for gorteen or Related words with gorteen
Examples of "gorteen"
The only historic site in the townland is
Townlands in the electoral division of Moneenroe include Coolbawn, Croghtenclogh,
, Moneenroe, Smithstown and Uskerty.
Lynn civil parish comprises 12 townlands: Ardillon, Burnellstown, Catherinestown, Clonmoyle, Lynn, Gainestown, Glendevine,
, Lynn, Tornanstown. Tullanisky and
The station served
in County Sligo as well connecting with Ballaghaderreen, in County Roscommon, Ireland along the branch line.
" () is a townland in the civil parish of Templeport, County Cavan, Ireland. It lies in the Roman Catholic parish of Templeport and barony of Tullyhaw.
County Offaly: Ballinaminton East, Ballinaminton West, Bolart North, Bolart South, Cloghanamina, Cloghatanny, Garryduff or Greenville,
, Greenville or Garryduff, Kilcurley, Kilfoylan, Kilmanaghan, Kippeenduff, Lurgan, Moyally,
The parish contains the townlands of Ardsollus, Ballaghboy, Ballyglass, Ballyortla (North), Ballyortla (South), Ballyvonnavaun, Bunnow, Castlefergus, Castletown, Cloonawee, Cloonmore, Corebeg, Creggaun, Deerpark, Dooneen, Drim, Drumdoolaghty, Finanagh, Gaurus, Gortataggart,
, Kilbreckan, Kilfeilim, Killawinna, Knockanean, Knockaskibbole, Knockhogan, Monanoe, Moyriesk and Noughaval.
is bounded on the north by Camagh townland, on the west by Derryragh and Sruhagh townlands, on the southeast by Derrycassan townland. It is traversed by minor roads and rural lanes.
Until the Cromwellian Act for the Settlement of Ireland 1652, Camagh included the modern townland of
as one of its subdivisions. Another subdivision was 'Gort na Muc Lach' which means "A cultivated field where pigs feed".
Gurteen () (often spelled
) is a village in County Sligo, Ireland. Gurteen has experienced quite a rise in development in the last number of years and has become, to some degree, a commuter town for people working in Sligo.
The R296 road is a regional road in County Sligo in the Ireland that runs from Ballymote to Quarryfield where it merges into R294 road from
Derrycassan is bounded on the north by Kilnavert and Corran townlands, on the west by Camagh, Sruhagh and
, Templeport townlands, on the south by Derryniggin in County Leitrim and Burren townland and on the east by Coologe and Toberlyan townlands. Its chief geographical features are Coologe Lake, Derrycassan Lake and Camagh Lough. Derrycassan is traversed by a public road and several rural lanes.
Until the Cromwellian Act for the Settlement of Ireland 1652,
formed part of the modern townland of Camagh as a subdivision. Therefore it is neither depicted on the 1609 Baronial nor 1665 Down Survey maps nor appears in the land grants before 1652.
Derryragh is bounded on the north by Porturlan and Killywillin townlands, on the west by Ballymagauran townland, on the south by Sruhagh and
, Templeport townlands and on the east by Camagh townland. Its chief geographical features are Ballymagauran Lough, streams, five spring wells, dug wells and forestry plantations.
The R293 road is a regional road in Ireland linking the N17, via a junction in the townland of Ballinabole near Collooney in County Sligo, to the outskirts of Ballyhaunis in County Mayo. En route it passes through three towns, Ballymote and
in County Sligo and Ballaghaderreen in County Roscommon. The road is long (map).
Camagh is bounded on the north by Rosehill, Templeport and Gortnaleck townlands, on the west by Derryragh and Porturlan townlands, on the south by
, Templeport and Derrycassan townlands and on the east by Kilnavert townland. Its chief geographical features are Camagh Lough and forestry plantations. Camagh is traversed by the regional R205 road and several rural lanes.
Between its junction with N17 at Ballynaboll in the county of Sligo and its junction with N5 at Market Square Ballaghaderreen in the county of Roscommon via Carrowcushcly; Teeling Street, Lord Edward Street and OConnell Street at Ballymote; Coagh,
and Doon in the county of Sligo: Drumacoo; and Pound Street at Ballaghaderreen in the county of Roscommon
between its junction with R325 at Kiltybranks in the county of Roscommon and its junction with N83 at Kilmannin in the county of Mayo via Lisacul, Meelick and Tully in the county of Roscommon: and
in the county of Mayo.
The civil parish contains the townlands of Addroon, Ballaghboy, Ballyharraghan, Ballymacrogan East, Ballymacrogan West, Ballyteige East, Ballyteige West, Ballyogan Beg, Ballyogan More, Bealickania, Bealnalicka, Caherlough, Cahermacrea, Cloonfeaghra, Cloonnagloghaun, Cooga, Dromeen, Dromore, Drumcavan, Foilrim, Garvillaun,
, Gregmoher, Kilkee East, Kilkee West, Killeen, Lisduff, Lisheenvicknaheeha, Lismuinga East, Lismuinga West, Lissyline, Loughaunnaweelaun, Moymore, Moyree Commons, Nooan, Ooankeagh, Portlecka, Ranaghan, Rathcahaun, Rathvergin, Rinelea, Rinneen, Ruan Commons, Teermulmoney, Teernea, Teernea Commons, Tonlegee, Toormore, Tullymackan and Tullyodea.
The church was located near a ford where the River Erkina was crossed by an ancient road that ran from western Upper Ossory to Kilkenny. A system of toghers skirted Rathdowney (a few miles west of Coolkerry) and then turned southwards to cross the Erkina at several places. One of these continued to
and, crossing the River Goul near Newtown Nunnery, continued to Aharney Church.
Copyright © 2017