Synonyms for grondines or Related words with grondines
Examples of "grondines"
was named by Samuel de Champlain himself. "
" is from the French verb "gronder", meaning to rumble or roar. In 1674, The
windmill was built and is the oldest windmill in Québec. The windmill was first a flour mill, and then a lighthouse. In 1842 the church Saint-Charles-Borromée was built in
. In 2006 the local Fromagerie des
was built, it is an organic cheese farm open to the public.
The patron saint of Deschambault-
is Saint Joseph.
is a municipality of about 2100 inhabitants in the Canadian province of Quebec, located in Portneuf Regional County Municipality. The municipality was incorporated in 2002 by the merger of the formerly independent villages of Deschambault and
Route 363 (highest elevation: ) is a south-north route in Quebec, Canada, going from Route 138 in Deschambault-
along the St-Lawrence river to Lac-aux-Sables.
Born in Saint-Charles-de-
, Quebec, Mayrand was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Quebec for Montréal-Dorion in 1912. A Liberal, he was re-elected in 1916 and defeated in 1919.
Initially Portneuf County included the parishes of Saint-Casimir,
, Deschambault, Cap-Santé, St-Basile, Saint-Raymond-Nonnat, Sainte-Catherine, Les Écureuils, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Saint-Augustin, Saint-Alban and the townships of Gosford, Alton, Roquemont of Montauban and Colbert.
He was born in
, Quebec. On May 24, 1888, he married Éliza Mercier, daughter of Honoré Mercier. Their son, Paul Gouin, later led the Action libérale nationale party.
Portneuf is a provincial electoral district in the Capitale-Nationale region of Quebec, Canada, which elects members to the National Assembly. It includes the municipalities of Deschambault-
, Portneuf, Donnacona, Neuville, Saint-Raymond.
There are also several surviving seventeenth century stone tower mills in North America, which are similar in appearance to European examples of the same period (e.g., Moulin de
, Quebec (1674) and Moulin de Vincelotte, Quebec (1690)).
The Trou du Diable (translated in English as Devil's Hole) is a cave situated in St-Casimir, in the province of Quebec, Canada. On the CanMatrix System (), you can find the Trou du Diable on the map
(031-I/9) at the coordinates 22207325.
The line crosses the Saint Lawrence River between
and Lotbinière via an underground tunnel. Until the tunnel was built, the line crossed the river via an overhead lattice tower electricity pylon—portions of one of these towers would later be used as part of the observation tower at "La Cité de l'Énergie" in Shawinigan.
The district includes the Regional County Municipalities of Portneuf and La Jacques-Cartier as well as the municipality of Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures. The main communities are Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Donnacona, Lac-Beauport, Neuville, Pont-Rouge, Shannon, Stoneham-et-Tewkesbury, Saint-Raymond, Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier, and Deschambault-
. Its area is 7,617 km.
The Saint Lawrence River HVDC Powerline Crossing is the crossing of Hydro-Québec's Quebec-New England HVDC transmission line over (and later, under) the Saint Lawrence River between
and Lotbinière, Quebec, Canada. The crossing is remarkable, for being first implemented as an overhead crossing, and then later replaced by a cable tunnel. Hydro-Québec wanted to complete the transmission line in time, which was only possible with an overhead crossing of Saint Lawrence River. However, due to the negative visual impact of the large towers of the overhead crossing on the local populations of
and Lotbinière, it was decided to build a cable tunnel under the river, although this made the project more expensive.
The first settlers from Sainte-Geneviève-de-Batiscan, Champlain,
, Neuville and Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures settled in 1833 around the Lake Kapibouska. A Catholic mission, Saint-Just-de-Kapibouska, was established in 1851. The parish of Saint-Tite was incorporated on 11 July 1863. The population of the municipality progressed to 3 000 in 1900. On 4 June 1910, the city of Saint-Tite broke away from the parish. The two were merged December 23, 1998.
On December 19, 2008, Hydro-Québec and Alcoa signed a similar agreement. This agreement, which expires in 2040, maintains the provision of electricity to Alcoa's three aluminum smelters in the province, located in Baie-Comeau, Bécancour and Deschambault-
. In addition, the deal will allow Alcoa to modernize the Baie-Comeau plant which will increase its production capacity by 110,000 tonnes a year, to a total of 548,000 tonnes.
In order to export power from the James Bay Project to New England, Hydro-Québec planned the construction of a long direct current power line, with a capacity of 2,000 megawatts, the so-called "Réseau multiterminal à courant continu" (English: "Direct Current Multiterminal Network"). Construction work on the line went without a problem except at the location where the power line had to cross the Saint Lawrence River, between
In 1783, at Quebec City, James Johnston married the considerably younger Margaret MacNider (1764−1838), sister of John MacNider, 2nd Seigneury of Grand-Métis and Métis-sur-Mer; and a niece of The Hon. Mathew MacNider, Seigneur of Bélair,
, Sainte-Croix etc. Mrs Johnston was an aunt of Mary MacNider (d. 1855), the mother of Félix-Gabriel Marchand, 11th Prime Minister of Quebec and President of the Royal Society of Canada.
The failure of those projects led the Quebec Government to create the QMO&O railway in 1874. The Palais station was built in Quebec City between 1875 and 1877. From Quebec, the railway ran a few miles north of the St-Lawrence river: Lorette, St-Augustin, Pont-Rouge, St-Basile, Portneuf, Deschambault, La Chevrottière and
. The Quebec-Montreal section (with Piles branch; Cap-de-la-Madeleine, east of Trois-Rivières, to les Piles), and the Montreal-Aylmer section (with St-Jerome branch which was completed in 1876) were completed at the end of 1877.
The first settlers, coming from Saint-Ambroise-de-la-Jeune-Lorette, Deschambault,
, and Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade, began clearing the area around 1830. In 1851, a mill was built that led to the development of the village. In 1856, the parish was founded, followed by the post office in 1857, and the parish municipality in 1860. Its official full name was Saint-Alban-d'Alton, and named after Saint Alban, the first martyr in Britain in the third century. Alton refers to its location in the geographic township of Alton, formed in 1841 and named after an English town in Hampshire.
, Quebec, Mathieu's parents were farmers. In 1906 he moved to Montreal where he began to study the piano with Alphonse Martin and singing with Céline Marier at the age of 16. Through Marier he met pianist and composer Alfred La Liberté who instilled within him an admiration for the works of Alexander Scriabin. He soon began composing music. His first major work was the choral piece "Le Poème de la mer" (1908) which he dedicated to Marier. Many of his early piano compositions display a strong influence of Scriabin, including "Chevauchée" (1911) and "Sonata" (1927).
Copyright © 2017