Synonyms for heycock or Related words with heycock
Examples of "heycock"
CBE (12 August 1905 – 13 March 1990) was a Welsh local politician, who became a life peer in 1967.
The Labour politician and life peer Lord
of Taibach took his title from this area, which had been the home of the
family since about 1800.
The Captain of Wellingborough Town Reserves was Nathan
of Felingeri Flour Mill, Cwmcou donated a set of jerseys and became the club’s first President.
Satoyasu Iimori who was a Japanese chemist from RIKEN learned under
in 1919 - 1920.
contributes to the discussion about whether specificational sentences are a special type of equatives or if they can be reduced to 'inverted predications': she argues that these sentences are a type of equative in which only one of the two noun phrases is a simple individual.
claims that specificational sentences are an 'asymmetric' equation because the noun phrase that occurs in clause-initial position is interpreted as a more intentional subject than is the post-copular noun phrase.
FRS (21 August 1858 – 3 June 1931) was a British chemist and soldier who was awarded the Royal Society's Davy Medal in 1920.
(2004) Tsimpli, T. Sorace, A.,
, C. and Filiaci, F. First language attrition and syntactic subjects: a study of Greek and Italian near-native speakers of English. "International Journal of Bilingualism" 8: 257-277.
is a professor of linguistics at the University of Edinburgh. She has been an editor-in-chief of the "Journal of Linguistics", published by Cambridge University Press for the Linguistic Association of Great Britain.
He became a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1959, a Commander of the Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem (CStJ) in April 1967, and a life peer on 10 July 1967 as Baron
, of Taibach in the Borough of Port Talbot.
Thus his Cambridge career lasted from his going up to King’s in 1903 until the end of his Fellowship in 1915. During this period there were several family connections with Cambridge. The younger of his two sisters, Lucy Wills, went up to Newnham College in 1907, and his younger brother Alfred Gordon went up (also to King’s) in 1910. Jack Wills’s third sibling, the elder of the two sisters, Edith, married Morris
, son of another Fellow of King’s, the chemist CT
FRS. Jack Wills himself married Maud Janet Ewing in 1910, the daughter of the engineer scientist Sir James Alfred Ewing. Ewing was yet another King’s Fellow, and subsequently during the Great War was the originator of Room 40, Britain’s first cryptanalytic operation, the precursor of Bletchley Park in the Second World War and the Government Communications Headquarters, GCHQ, now.
was born in Margam and began his career as an engine driver with the Great Western Railway. He subsequently rose to a powerful position in South Wales local politics through his trade union connections and membership of the Labour Party, a "personality of transcendent authority". Despite having himself received little formal education, he became Chairman of the Glamorganshire Education Committee.
Born on 21 August 1858, Charles
was educated at Bedford School, Oakham, and at King's College, Cambridge. He was lecturer and Assistant Tutor at King's College, Cambridge, and Goldsmiths' Reader in Metallurgy at the University of Cambridge. He was awarded the Royal Society's Davy Medal in 1920, "on the ground of his work in physical chemistry and more especially on the composition & constitution of alloys".
The Journal of Linguistics is a triannual peer-reviewed academic journal covering all branches of theoretical linguistics and the official publication of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain. It is published by Cambridge University Press and was established in 1965. From 1969 until 1979, Frank R. Palmer was the editor-in-chief. Other past editors include Nigel Fabb (University of Strathclyde), Caroline
(University of Edinburgh), and Robert D. Borsley (University of Essex). Current editors are Kersti Börjars (University of Manchester) and S.J. Hannahs (Newcastle University).
Hutton became the first Goldsmiths’ Professor in Metallurgy at Cambridge University in 1931. Although some of the pioneer work in metallography had been carried out by
and Neville in the University Chemical Laboratory and formed part of the course in assaying chemistry, metallurgy was not included as a separate subject in the Natural Sciences Tripos. The Goldsmiths’ Company had generously provided funds for a small laboratory and endowed a chair, but it was Hutton who first persuaded the university to introduce metallurgy into Part II of the Natural Sciences Tripos and later Part I.
The fourth school in Bryn, currently in use, is a mixed school of Non Denominational religion which contains a nursery for younger children. It was opened in April 1968 by Lord
. It was found that the cost of upgrading and repairing the previous school was almost double the cost of a new building, some £17,000 was needed to fix the dampness which turned into a crisis in the 60's. At that time it was exceptional to for a new school to be built to replace an existing school. The search for land proved uneasy as the only piece of flat land was on the upper fringe of the village. In 1989 only 46 pupils attended the school with figure more in the 80's and 90's nowadays. On 26 November 2008 Bryn primary school won the peoples millions on ITV for the amount of £49,431.
No. SW.295 This plan shows workings in the Tormynydd Seam and on the plan it is stated that the workings were re-opened in May 1952 (note this seam had previously been worked between 1923 and 19 September 1924 as the Parc-y-Bryn Colliery). Workings ceased on 16 July 1957 and the Mine finally abandoned in September 1957 due to being uneconomic. The Owners at the time of abandonment were given as The Drysiog Colliery Company but the Guide to the Coalfields for the years 1952 and 1953 give the then owner as a J.W.
. Unfortunately, these editions give no indication as to manpower but the 1957 edition lists the manpower as 4. The plan is signed by John Perry Bevan (Director) and Gomer Hughes (Surveyor)
Kennelly was born December 17, 1861 in Colaba, in South Mumbai, India and was educated at University College School in London. He was the son of an Irish naval officer Captain David Joseph Kennelly (1831–1907) and Catherine Gibson
(1839–1863). His mother died when he was three years old. Afterwards, in 1863, his father retired from the navy and later Arthur and his father returned to England. In 1878, his father remarried to Ellen L.Spencer and moved the family to Sydney, Nova Scotia on the island of Cape Breton when he took over the Sydney and Louisbourg Coal and Railway Company Limited. By his father's third marriage, Arthur gained four half siblings, Zaida Kennelly in 1881, David J. Kennelly Jr. in 1882, Nell K. Kennelly in 1883, and Spencer M. Kennelly in 1885.
Originally called the Central Athletic Ground in the 1900s, the venue then owned by the Margam Estate played host to various sports including football, tennis, hockey, running, quoits and on one occasion a horse race. Aberavon RFC was granted exclusive use of the ground in 1913 - although it was sectioned off into allotments to help the war effort the following year. Officially re-opened in December 1921, the renamed Talbot Athletic Ground became a barrage balloon site during the Second World War. In March 1946, the ground attracted its record crowd, 19,000, for a match between Aberavon and a New Zealand Army team, "The Kiwis". The club became absolute owners of the ground in 1952, in a deal negotiated by Alderman Llewellyn
, and various improvements and extensions were built in the 1950s, 1970s and 1980s. Although exclusively a rugby union venue for most of its existence, the Talbot Athletic Ground also hosted some matches played by the final Welsh professional rugby league side of the 20th century, South Wales Dragons, in 1996.
Prince Birabongse had been registered to attend Trinity College, Cambridge, but on leaving school had not yet passed the Cambridge University entrance examination. Initially, Prince Chula hired a tutor for Prince Bira, to better prepare him for the exam, but Prince Bira changed his mind and expressed a desire to learn sculpture rather than attend university. Prince Chula approached leading sculptor Charles Wheeler, and Wheeler took Prince Bira on as a pupil within his studio. Although Prince Bira showed some talent as a sculptor, in Wheeler's opinion he needed to learn to draw, and so in the autumn of 1934 Prince Bira enrolled at the Byam Shaw School of Art. Prince Birabongse did not attend the Byam Shaw School for very long, but while there he became friendly with a fellow student, Ceril
, and he began courting her in earnest only a few weeks later. However, both Prince Chula and her parents placed severe limitations on their relationship, and it was not until 1938 that they were able to marry.
Copyright © 2017