Synonyms for hofberg or Related words with hofberg
Examples of "hofberg"
Svenskt biografiskt handlexikon / I:364 (1906) Author: Herman
, Frithiof Heurlin, Viktor Millqvist, Olof Rubenson - as a part of project "Runeberg”
The township of Greding includes the villages of Attenhofen, Birkhof, Esselberg, Euerwang, Grafenberg, Großhöbing, Günzenhofen, Hausen, Heimbach, Herrnsberg,
, Kaising, Kleinnottersdorf, Kraftsbuch, Landerzhofen, Linden, Mettendorf, Obermässing, Österberg, Röckenhofen, Schutzendorf, Untermässing and Viehhausen.
, interviewing Karlsson in the Swedish newspaper "Göteborgs Posten", said that Karlsson had made a fresh start with the album, all of it being her own work except for two songs co-written. The lyrics were extremely personal: "South of Love" named a warm place where one could stand and look at love.
Svenskt biografiskt handlexikon () is a compact Swedish dictionary of biography first published in 1873-1876 by the physician and antiquarian Herman
(1823-1883). The second, updated edition was published in 1906, under the editorship of Frithiof Heurlin, Viktor Millqvist, and Olof Rubenson. The second edition, two volumes of all together 1,445 pages, contains 4,419 articles on families and individuals, "renowned Swedish men and women from the reformation until the present times", and more than 3,000 miniature portraits.
Since 2000, the museum has been located in the former Old England department store, built in 1899 by Paul Saintenoy out of girded steel and glass in the art nouveau style as well as an 18th-century neo-classic building designed by Barnabé Guimard. Located at Rue Montagne de la Cour/
2 on the Mont des Arts/Kunstberg, the museum sits next to Place Royale/Koningsplein and in front of the Magritte Museum.
In the 19th and 20th centuries, Reil, with more than 200 ha of vineyards under cultivation, was one of the biggest winegrowing centres on the Moselle. The vineyards of Goldlay, Falklay, Moullay-
and Sorentberg belong to the winemaking appellation – "Großlage" – of Vom Heißen Stein (“From The Hot Stone”) and to the Mosel wine region’s Bernkastel area. In years since, the cultivated area has shrunk by almost half to 120 ha. Tourism, especially “enotourism” – wine harvest holidaymaking – is playing an ever more important rôle.
The medieval abbey church that originally stood on this location was demolished by command of Charles Alexander of Lorraine during his expansive urban planning projects, despite having escaped the great fire of 1731 that destroyed the nearby Coudenberg Palace. The new church was built in line with rue Montagne de la Cour/
on its present location at the Place Royale. Construction of the facade was started by architect Gilles-Barnabé Guimard after the designs of Jean-Benoît-Vincent Barré (1775). The first stone was solemnly laid by Charles Alexander of Lorraine on February 12, 1776. The portico was finished in 1780. The nave, transept, choir and sacristy were built under supervision of Louis Montoyer in the years 1785-1786. After the consecration of the building it was in use as abbey- and parishchurch at the same time. Moreover, it was the official church of the court of the Governors of the Habsburg Netherlands.
With reference to the broader area, Streithausen lies between Koblenz and Siegen in the north–south axis and between Cologne and Frankfurt in the east–west axis in the northern Westerwald, which likewise forms the northern part of Rhineland-Palatinate. The community is regarded as part of the Kroppach Switzerland ("Kroppacher Schweiz"), a nature and landscape conservation area characterized by the Große Nister and Kleine Nister with their narrow valleys and in places steep mountain slopes. The village lies south of the Kleine Nister in a side valley, which has been built up, or is being built up, on both slopes (south slope with the Ley and Sonnenberg, north slope with the Leychen and
). Streithausen belongs to the "Verbandsgemeinde" of Hachenburg, a kind of collective municipality. Its seat is in the like-named town.
Izidor Cankar was born in Šid, in what was then the Austro-Hungarian Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia (now part of the Serbian province of Vojvodina). His father, Andrej Cankar, was a Slovene tradesman from Inner Carniola, while his mother, Marija Huber, was from a mixed Danube Swabian-Croat family. Izidor was a cousin of the famous writer Ivan Cankar. At the age of seven, his father went bankrupt. Young Izidor was taken into fostering by his aunt Karolina
. Cankar grew up in a multicultural environment, and spoke Croatian, German and Hungarian since a young age. He attended Croatian-language schools, and throughout his life, he claimed his Croatian was better than his Slovene. In 1897, his cousins Ivan and Karlo Cankar convinced him to move to Ljubljana, where he attended the Classical Lyceum. In 1905, after finishing high school, he decided to become a priest and enrolled in the Roman Catholic seminary in Ljubljana. There, he met the theologian Andrej Kalan, who had a decisive influence on Cankar's future intellectual development.
Copyright © 2017