Synonyms for ixworth or Related words with ixworth
Examples of "ixworth"
In 2010 the 1st Stanton Brownies moved to
and became the 1st
is in the Borough of St Edmundsbury and elects one borough councillor. It lies in the Blackbourn division of Suffolk County Council and the West Suffolk parliamentary constituency. The parish council jointly administers
Priory was an Augustine priory at
in the English county of Suffolk. It was founded in the 12th century and dissolved in 1537. The priory was dedicated to St Mary and founded by Gilbert Blundus.
is an English breed of white domestic chicken. It is named for the village of
in Suffolk, where it was created in 1932. It was bred as fast-growing high-quality meat breed with reasonable laying abilities.
Thorpe is a small village and civil parish in the St Edmundsbury district of the English county of Suffolk. The village is located on the A1088 road around north-west of the larger village of
and north-east of Bury St Edmunds. In 2005 its population was 60. The parish council is operated jointly with
. From the 2011 Census the population of the village was not recorded separately.
was created in 1932 by Reginald Appleyard, who also created the Silver Appleyard Duck, at his poultry farm in the village of
in Suffolk. It was bred from white Sussex, white Minorca, white Orpington, Jubilee, Indian Game and white Indian Game chickens, with the intention of creating a dual purpose breed, a fast-growing high-quality meat bird with reasonable egg-laying ability. An
bantam was created in 1938; Appleyard thought it better than the standard-sized bird.
Guy was born in
, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England on April 24, 1903.
He was born in
, Suffolk; he died in Tipton, Staffordshire a month short of his 57th birthday.
Bardwell is located about ten miles north-east of Bury St Edmunds between the villages of
Priory was founded as an Augustinian priory in about 1170 and dissolved in 1537. Remains of the priory include the almost complete east range whilst some of the west range can be found incorporated into a house, known as
Abbey. These remains are a Grade I listed building and include elements from the early 13th century.
The archdeacon is responsible for the disciplinary supervision of the clergy in its five rural deaneries; Clare,
, Lavenham, Sudbury and Thingoe.
There is a Primary school, Stanton Pre-School and a nursery. The primary school predominantly feeds through to either
free school or Thurston Community College.
After the fort went out of use a civilian settlement was established at the site, possibly with a pottery industry.
became an important junction in the Roman road system of East Anglia and the Peddars Way ran from
to Holme next the Sea on the north coast of Norfolk. The foundations of a Roman building with hypocaust were discovered in 1834 and are believed to be a villa and bath house complex.
is the site the earliest rural council housing built in England. Four pairs of houses were built in 1893–94 for Thingoe Rural District Council, encouraged by the
Labourer's Association. These were built under the Housing of the Working Classes Act 1890, the first to allow rural councils to build their own housing. The act was only adopted by eight councils. The houses exist today in a largely unaltered condition. Two of them, on Stow Road, are Grade II listed buildings.
is a village and civil parish in the Borough of St Edmundsbury in the English county of Suffolk. It is north-east of Bury St Edmunds and south-east of Thetford on the A143 road to Diss. The parish has a population of 2,177, increasing to 2,365 at the 2011 Census. The south end of High Street and town may also be historically listed as
The original building, possibly from around 1100, may have been destroyed by a period of civil war and rebuilt on the present site on the west edge of
. Remains of the priory include the almost complete east range whilst some of the west range can be found incorporated into a house, known as
Abbey. Stone from the ruins of the priory was used to build Hengrave Hall north of Bury St Edmunds in the early 16th century.
Primary School educates children from age 4 to 9, although this will extend to age 11 by 2014 as Suffolk County Council reorganises schools in the county. In place of the closed middle school (closed end of the 2014 academic year),
Free School has now been founded, educating from years 7 to 10. At age 13 children transfer to Thurston Community College for secondary stage education.
Stowlangtoft is a village and civil parish in the Mid Suffolk district of Suffolk in eastern England two miles south-east from
. Located around five miles north-east of Bury St Edmunds, in 2005 its population was 270.
1983-1997: The Borough of St Edmundsbury wards of Abbeygate, Barningham, Barrow, Chevington, Eastgate, Fornham, Great Barton, Honington, Horringer,
, Northgate, Pakenham, Risby, Risbygate, Rougham, St Olave's, Sextons, Southgate, Stanton, Westgate, and Whelnetham, and the District of Forest Heath.
Micklemere is a reserve near
in the county of Suffolk, England. Suffolk Wildlife Trust owns and manages this reserve. It is a County Wildlife Site. It is 42 acres (17 hectares).
Copyright © 2017