Synonyms for karitsa or Related words with karitsa
Examples of "karitsa"
- Kasvandu - Oblu - Põlliku - Suurekivi - Tamsi - Tolla - Toomja - Vahastu - Vana-Kaiu - Vaopere
is a village in Rakvere Parish, Lääne-Viru County, in northeastern Estonia.
is a village in Kaiu Parish, Rapla County in northwestern Estonia.
Arkna, Eesküla, Järni,
, Karivärava, Karunga, Kloodi, Kullaaru, Kõrgemäe, Lasila, Levala, Mädapea, Paatna, Päide, Taaravainu, Tobia, Tõrma, Tõrremäe, Veltsi.
(, ) is a village and a community of the Agia municipality. Before the 2011 local government reform it was a part of the municipality of Evrymenes. The 2011 census recorded 436 inhabitants in the village and 536 in the community. The community of
covers an area of 23.241 km.
According to the 2011 census, the population of the settlement of
was 436 people, a decrease of almost 17% compared with the population of the previous census of 2001.
() is a lowland town of the former Municipality of Dio, which is part of the municipality of Dio-Olympos, in the Pieria regional unit, Central Macedonia, Greece. The population was 2,025 people as of 2011. It is located 13 km south of Katerini.
As an administrative division, the district is divided into one town of district significance (Totma) and fifteen selsoviets. As a municipal division, the district is incorporated as Totemsky Municipal District and is divided into one urban and six rural settlements. The municipal district includes all of the inhabited localities of the administrative district, as well as two rural localities (the settlements of Gremyachy and
) from Gryazovetsky District.
In October 1992, the municipality Dio ("Dimos Diou") was formed. At the 1997 Kapodistrias reform, it was expanded with the former communities Agios Spyridonas,
, Kondariotissa, Nea Efesos and Vrontou. The administrative center was in the village of Kondariotissa. At the 2011 local government reform Dio merged with the former municipalities East Olympos and Litochoro to form the new municipality Dio-Olympos. Dio became a municipal unit of the newly formed municipality, and the former municipal districts became communities. The community of Dion consists of the village of the same name and Platanakia. The municipal unit has an area of 172.743 km, the community 31.375 km.
As an administrative division, the district is divided into one town of district significance (Gryazovets), one urban-type settlement (Vokhtoga), and sixteen selsoviets. Within the framework of municipal divisions, most of the district is incorporated as Gryazovetsky Municipal District and is divided into two urban and five rural settlements. However, four rural localities of the administrative district are municipally incorporated elsewhere: two (the settlements of Ida and Kordon) are a part of Babushkinsky Municipal District, and the other two (the settlements of Gremyachy and
) are a part of Totemsky Municipal District.
Moreover, remains of a 4th- to 3rd-century BC circular tower, a rectangular tower, a gate and two smaller doorways have been identified near the entrance of the village in the vicinity of the Monastery of Agia Paraskevi. In the Ottoman period, Skamneli belonged to the Koinon of the Zagorisians () formed after a treaty with Sinan-Pasha in 1431. Ιt enjoyed along with the other villages a joint autonomy from Ottoman rule. The autonomy guaranteed non-interference from the Turkish administration. Zagorisians had their affairs entrusted to a Council of Elders called Demogerontia (Δημογεροντία), headed by a president or governor called Vekylis (Βεκύλης). They maintained a small force of Sipahi horsemen (σπαχήδες). The Koinon of the Zagorisians was reformalised by a treaty signed in 1670, under which Zagori enjoyed considerable privileges called Surutia, which were only rescinded by the Sultan in 1868. In the later part of the 17th century, the inhabitants of several hamlets began to resettle in Skamneli. The reason was probably raids from bandits. One major such raid is recorded in the books of the Monastery of Agia Paraskevi, according to Frangoulis dated to 1688, by one named Ali Chogmeno at the head of 166 men. He gathered the women and children in the church of Agioi Apostoloi and began a looting of the village. Armatoloi arrived from Doliani, another village in Zagori, under their captain Douvlis and dispersed the bandits after killing Ali Chogmeno. At the time Skamneli had about 1000 inhabitants and was surrounded by several hamlets with an additional 800 inhabitants. Plagued by raids from mainly Albanian and Turkish bandits, the inhabitants of the countryside and hamlets around Skamneli began to emigrate to other villages of Zagori (Tsepelovo, Vradeto and Negades) and also to Northern Epirus (modern Albania), in
, Molista, Sopiki and especially to Moschopolis (Voskopolis), where a neighborhood became called Skamnelia (Σκαμνελιά), Skamneliki (Σκαμνελίκι) or Skamnelicili.
Copyright © 2017