Synonyms for kerndt or Related words with kerndt

benziger              strause              sterchi              samworth              loizeaux              pontani              brazz              bewlay              riedell              sculptorbureau              seebohmnudgee              oppenstein              jansco              pigram              prigoff              merryweather              yandall              englebrecht              lequime              beeby              weiblen              geftman              andreen              durtnell              kossoy              ricciardelli              wighnomy              boulting              heryford              conell              lessner              batstone              klinker              dokee              steloff              rawn              buscarino              cogniard              viemeister              hassenfeld              oubridge              hoddeson              mccobb              embrey              pardington              hanman              rork              vultaggio              blews              whitemyer             



Examples of "kerndt"
G. Kerndt & Brothers Office Block, also known as the Kerndt Brothers Building, is a historic building located in Lansing, Iowa, United States. The four Kerndt brothers were all German immigrants who settled in the Lansing area by 1854. Gustav, William and Mortiz established a broom factory and cigar business in town while Herman farmed and provided the broom corn for the factory. In 1861 they built the first part of this building to house their general store. They were so successful they expanded the building in 1866. In addition to the store they also owned a gran elevator along the Mississippi River. Added to this they started in private banking as apart of their mercantile business. In 1908 it was incorporated by the family as the Kerndt Brothers Savings Bank. This building now houses the Kerndt Brothers Savings Bank Community Center.
This concept has been expanded to eight-way Bargello, or Bargello stitches in eight directions (horizontal stitches, vertical stitches and diagonal stitches), by designers including Susan Kerndt:
G. Kerndt and Brothers Elevator and Warehouses, No. 11, No.12 and No. 13 is a historic building located in Lansing, Iowa, United States. The four Kerndt brothers were all German immigrants who settled in the Lansing area by 1854. Gustav, William and Mortiz established a broom factory and cigar business in town while Herman farmed and provided the broom corn for the factory. A fifth brother, Julian, died shortly after arriving in Iowa. They built their first grain warehouse in the late 1850s. In 1861 they began their general store, which would in time include private banking as apart of their mercantile business. In 1908 it was incorporated by the family as the Kerndt Brothers Savings Bank.
The Lansing Main Street Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district located in Lansing, Iowa, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. At the time of its nomination the district consisted of 51 resources, including 42 contributing buildings, 8 non-contributing buildings, and one non-contributing site. The district covers most of the central business district, which is generally along Main Street. The commercial buildings are mostly masonry structures constructed with bricks or native limestone. A few buildings are frame construction with gable roofs. The buildings are from one- to three-stories in height, although most are no taller that two stories. The Italianate architectural style dominates. Most of the upper stories in the buildings housed retail or office space, but a few were residential. The commercial buildings that did not house retail establishments were located near the Mississippi River and were industrial in nature. The G. Kerndt & Brothers Office Block (1861) and the G. Kerndt and Brothers Elevator and Warehouses, No. 11, No.12 and No. 13 (1868) are individually listed on the National Register. Three public buildings are located in the district: the former jail and fire station (ca. 1855-1865), the Art Deco former City Hall (1938), and the modern U.S. Post Office (c. 1960).