Synonyms for kilkeedy or Related words with kilkeedy
Examples of "kilkeedy"
The barony contains the civil parishes of Inagh,
, Kilnaboy, Kilnamona, Rath, Ruan and Dysert.
According to Mainchín Seoighe, the present day parish of Patrickswell-Ballybrown is made up parts of the pre-Reformation parishes of
, Killonahan, Mungret, Croom, and Adare. Until the middle of the 18th century, the parishes of
and Clounanna were joined with Adare. When the parish of Patrickswell was formed
and Clounanna became part of the new parish. The first parish priest of the new parish was Fr Nicholas Molony. The present population of the parish is roughly 3,400 people.
His festival fell on 3 March. The remains of the later
church date to the 14th century.
He was born in 1870 and educated at Trinity College, Dublin. He was ordained in 1894 and after curacies at Drummaul and Limerick worked overseas in Valencia before incumbencies at
, Dysert and St Michael, Limerick.
Townlands are Addergoole, Attyslany North, Attyslany South, Aughrim, Ballaghaglash, Ballybornagh, Ballinlisheen, Ballyeighter, Bouleevin, Carrowcraheen, Carrownagoul, Castlequarter, Castlequarter
, Cloonselherny, Coolbaun, Creggaunycahill, Cross, Culleen, Cushacorra, Derreenatloghtan, Derrylumman, Derryowen, Drumnadeevna, Garrynacallaha, Kells, Kilcorkan, Killeenmacoog North, Killeenmacoog South, Kiltacky Beg, Kiltacky More, Killourney, Knockatermon, Knockroe, Kylecreen, Leitra, Lyan, Magheranraheen or Rockforest, Monreagh, Pouleenacoona, Poulmacrih, Poulroe, Poulataggle, Quakerstown, Rinacaha, Rinroe, Rockvale, Shanballysallagh, Templebannagh, Treanmanagh, Tulla, Turkenagh and Turloughmore.
The boundaries of the Catholic parish are the same as the medieval parish of
. There are two churches in the parish, St Michael's in Tubber and All Saints in Boston. Both were built in 1865. The parish is in the Diocese of Killaloe.
The 1580 list of castles in Thomond included the following in the parish: Cloonselherney and Carrownagowle, owned by Dermot OBrien; Baunkippaun and Derryowen by the Baron of Inchiquin;
and Cloonduan by Mahone O’Brien, his son; and Moyree by the Earl of Thomond.
Boston () (also known as "Druim na Doimhne") is a village in north County Clare, Ireland. It is situated off R460 the Corofin to Gort regional road, at the northeastern edge of the Burren National Park, and close to the border with County Galway. The village is situated in the parish of
, the main settlement of which is the County Clare portion of the village of Tubber.
He was the second son of John Mullock Maguire, rector of
, co. Limerick, and his wife Anne Jane née Humphreys. He was educated at Cheltenham College and Merton College, Oxford, where he obtained first classes in mathematics and jurisprudence. He was elected a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford in 1878 and was called to the bar in 1883, although he never practised the law. He married Julia Beatrice, eldest daughter of Viscount Peel, a former Speaker of the House of Commons, in 1895.
Born in Dublin, 8 January 1825, he was nephew of Sir Maziere Brady, 1st Baronet, Lord Chancellor of Ireland, and youngest son of Sir Nicholas W. Brady who, whilst Lord Mayor of Dublin, was knighted by George IV during his visit to that city. William Maziere Brady entered Trinity College, Dublin, in 1842, received the degree of B.A. in 1848, B. D. in 1858, and D. D. in 1863. In 1848 he was appointed Anglican curate of Maynooth and in 1849, curate of
, Limerick. In 1851 he became curate of St. Dolough's, Dublin, and in the same year Rector of Farrahy, County Cork. In this year, also, he married a lineal descendant, on the maternal side, of Jeremy Taylor. Brady acted as chaplain to several successive viceroys, and in 1861 became Vicar of Clonfert, County Cork.
The village lies at the head of Kinvara Bay known in Irish as "Cinn Mhara" (or more recently "Cuan Chinn Mhara") from which the village took its name. This is an inlet in the south-eastern corner of Galway Bay. Kinvara is situated in the territory of Uí Fiachrach Aidhne, which is coextensive with the diocese of Kilmacduagh (""). The parish is roughly coextensive with the Ó hEidhin territory of Coill Ua bhFiachrach (wood of the Uí Fhiachrach) and this name was still in use in the mid-19th century as recorded by John O'Donovan in his Ordnance Survey letters. Kinvara is situated in the north of the barony of Kiltartan and close to the border with The Burren in County Clare in the province of Munster. The parish is bounded on the north by Galway Bay, on the east by the parishes of Ballinderreen (Killeenavarra) and Ardrahan, on the south by the parishes of Gort (Kilmacduagh) and Boston (
) and on the west by the parishes of Carron and New Quay (Abbey and Oughtmama).
Copyright © 2017