Synonyms for kindenheim or Related words with kindenheim
Examples of "kindenheim"
is an "Ortsgemeinde" – a municipality belonging to a "Verbandsgemeinde", a kind of collective municipality – in the Bad Dürkheim district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
HIs father, Alexander McGregor arrived in New Zealand on [name of ship] in [year]. His mother, Barbara Gudex, along with her brother MIchael Gudex left
, Germany in 1866 and arrived at Lyttelton on the "Mermaid", on 5 January 1867.
The Pfälzische Nordbahn between Monsheim and Grünstadt runs by at the village’s eastern edge. The halt "Bockenheim-
" is served by Regionalbahn trains running on “Rhineland-Palatinate timing”. The public transport is integrated into the "Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar" (VRN), whose fares therefore apply.
had its first documentary mention as "Cunerono". Later it was called "Cunnenheim" or "Kinnenheim". Until 1969 it belonged to the now abolished Frankenthal district, and in 1972 it was assigned to the newly formed "Verbandsgemeinde" of Grünstadt-Land
Amongst the hills of the region that descends from west to east from heights of over to around (near Westhofen), are the Zollstock (; between Immesheim and Rüssingen), the Saukopf (; near Immesheim), the Kahlenberg (; near
) and the ridge of "Gerstenberg" with the "Quirnheimer Berg" (; near Quirnheim). The hills are bisected by the upper reaches of the Selz and the Seebach and the middle courses of the Pfrimm and the Eisbach.
Schooling experienced a general upswing beginning in the time of the Reformation. As early as 1604, the "Eßweiler Tal" church community made an application to the Zweibrücken government to hire a teacher who could teach the children Latin, while a teacher for the “German school” had already been hired. If this actually did lead to the founding of a Latin school, it did not last very long. An end would have been put to it no later than the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648). When no teacher was available to teach lessons in Hinzweiler in the late 16th century, the pastor had to take over the teaching duties. It is likely that a candidate for a pastoral post was hired as a teacher. Records from 1762 show that Hinzweiler had not only a Reformed (Calvinist) school but also a Lutheran “main school”, that is to say, a school with year-round classes, supported by villages in the area that had Lutheran winter schools (schools geared towards an agricultural community’s practical needs, held in the winter, when farm families had a bit more time to spare) with payments in money and kind. Hence, the Lutheran school in Hinzweiler received from Horschbach one "Malter", three barrels and one "Sester" of corn (meaning rye in this case) and in cash, four Rhenish guilders, 13 Batzen and seven Pfennig. The Reformed school in Hinzweiler was overseen then by an ecclesiastical school inspector (a clergyman) from Odenbach. In general there were not yet actual schoolhouses in the villages, and classes were conducted in private houses or on municipally owned premises. The first in Hinzweiler was built in 1844, and another was built in 1905. It is known from Bavarian times that beginning in 1840 Johann Adam Drumm, born on 26 March 1817 in Erdesbach, taught school in Hinzweiler after having been discharged from military service in 1839. He had a great many schoolchildren to teach in the original one-room schoolhouse and thus he asked to be allowed to hire an assistant. Drumm was also a sexton, received a great deal of free firewood and was allowed to use the school’s extensive lands. Among other things, he had the right to keep six wethers. His rent and the benefits offered him actually worked out to only a small net amount afterwards. Adam Drumm died in November 1863. His successor was Friedrich Maurer, who was chosen by the municipality out of eight applicants. In 1869, Maurer petitioned the Royal government for leave to marry Maria Eberhard from
. Maurer’s relationship with the municipality did not remain untroubled for long. There was a dispute over the service to the church, which Maurer no longer wanted to do. In 1870, a knitting school was opened. In 1913, the municipality hired a second teacher, and the schoolhouse had to be expanded. In 1934, the eighth grade level was to be introduced, but the Nazi régime would not approve the application to do so. Today, primary school pupils and Hauptschule students attend their respective schools in Wolfstein.
Copyright © 2017