Synonyms for kleidonia or Related words with kleidonia

drosato              pialeia              chrysavgi              vathypedo              polydendri              kainourgio              elaionas              kalyvakia              tristeno              koilada              polydroso              dasochori              kerasea              foteino              foiniki              lyrkeia              geroplatanos              dilofo              chrysovitsa              chrysochori              konistres              palaiopyrgos              matsouki              zitsa              sarakina              kefalochori              chaliki              elafos              petrochori              leptokarya              exochi              kapandriti              mesovouni              fourka              grimpovo              vasilopoulo              chersonisos              melissochori              myrofyllo              petroto              spartia              kefalari              vamvakou              kalarites              kranea              mikrokleisoura              rachoula              ypatis              karitsa              perithori             



Examples of "kleidonia"
Two prehistoric locations have been found near Kleidonia:
The Megalakkos (, "Spelaio Megalokkos") is a rock shelter located north of the village of Kleidonia in the Ioannina regional unit and around east of the Kleidi Cave, northwestern Greece. It sits atop the northern bank of the Voidomatis river valley.
Kleidonia () is a village and a community in the municipality of Konitsa, Ioannina regional unit, Epirus, Greece. In 2011 its population was 11 for the village, and 136 for the community, which includes the village Kalyvia. The Greek National Road 20 (Ioannina - Konitsa - Kozani) passes through Kalyvia. It is situated on the right bank of the river Voidomatis, a tributary of the Aoos.
Klithi or Kleidi Cave (, "Spelaio Kleidi") is located to the north of the village of Kleidonia in the Ioannina regional unit and around west of the Megalakkos Cave, northwestern Greece. It is situated atop the northern bank of the Voidomatis river valley.
The passage of the Slavs during the early Byzantine period is testified to by numerous placenames. The placename "Zagori" itself is probably derived from the Slavic Zagore meaning "beyond the mountains". Under the Byzantine Empire, Zagori occasionally attracted groups of soldiers who built villages and settled there. Several monasteries were endowed, including the monastery of Votsa near the village of Greveniti and the monastery of the Transfiguration near Kleidonia, founded in the 7th century by the Byzantine Emperor Constantine IV Pogonatus and the monastery of St John of Rogovou near Tsepelovo founded in 1028 by the sister of Emperor Romanos III Argyros.