Synonyms for klettenberg or Related words with klettenberg
Examples of "klettenberg"
Lindenthal ( , ) is a city district of the City of Cologne in Germany. It includes the quarters Braunsfeld, Junkersdorf,
, Lindenthal, Lövenich, Müngersdorf, Sülz, Weiden and Widdersdorf.
Susanne Katharina Seiffart von
(19 December 1723 – 16 December 1774) was a German abbess and writer. She was a friend of Katharina Elisabeth Goethe, the mother of writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
corresponded with Goethe, and he shaped a character, "Beautiful Soul," after her in his novel Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship. She was also a friend of Friedrich Christoph Steinhofer (1706–1761), a former co-episcopus of the Moravian Church.
Today the Uffe has no direct route beyond Neuhof (a sewage farm intervenes) and it now begins in front of a bridge (Branderode -
road) about 5 metres above the "Sachsengraben". Due to the lack of a link to the 'main' Uffe, it is usually dry there, is filled by springs and flows through the villages of
and Holbach, by the B 243 federal road, onto the Ichte.
He is largely known for his historical works on the Netherlands and northwestern Germany, however, among his better writings was a book associated with central Germany, titled "Vollständige Geschichte der Grafschaft Hohenstein, der Herrschaften Lohra und
, Heeringen, Kelbra, Scharzfeld, Lutterberg", etc. ("Complete history of the county Hohenstein, the dominions of Lohra and
, Heeringen, Kelbra, Scharzfeld, Lutterberg", etc. 1790). Other noted works by Hoche are:
The highest hills in the vicinity of the Totenkopf, which are actually its spurs, are the
(; to the northeast), the Brülingskopf (; to the southeast), the Brautlicht (; to the southwest) and the Liebfrauenberg (ca. ; to the southwest).
Sülz ( , ) is a municipal part of Cologne, Germany and part of the district of Lindenthal. Sülz lies on Luxemburger Straße between Lindenthal and
. Sülz has 35.475 inhabitants (as of 31 December 2008) and covers an area of 5,17 km² (pop. density 6.862 inhabitants/km²).
Ludowika Margaretha of Zweibrücken-Bitsch (19 July 1540, Ingwiller – 15 December 1569, Bouxwiller), was the only child and heiress of Count James of Zweibrücken-Bitsch (born: 19 July 1510; died: 22 March 1570) by his wife Catherine, born Countess of Honstein zu
. She was buried in Ingwiller.
Ernest, Count of Stolberg-Ilsenburg (25 March 1650 in Ilsenburg – 9 November 1710 in Ilsenburg) was a German nobleman. He was an imperial count and the ruling Count of Königstein, Rochefort, Wernigerode and Hohnstein, as well as Lord of Eppstein, Münzenberg, Breuberg, Agimont, Lohra and
In 1632, after many litigations at the Reichskammergericht finally the Counties of Lohra and
were partially handed over to the heirs. Part of the county owned by the Stolbergs, including Ilfeld, became part of the Electorate of Brunswick and Lunenburg (colloquially called Electorate of Hanover after its capital) in 1803. Then it underwent several conquests first by France, then Prussia, then France again, whose ruler Napoléon Bonaparte allowed his brother Jérôme Bonaparte to annex it for his Kingdom of Westphalia in 1807.
When in 1593 the last Count Ernest VII of Hohnstein – ruling together the three fiefs of
, Lohra as well as Scharzfeld and Lauterberg – died, the latter fief was reverted to the Guelphic Philip II, Duke of Brunswick and Lunenburg-Grubenhagen, who decided not to enfeoff a new dynasty with the County but to hold it in his own house. The former two territories had as heirs the comital families of Schwarzburg and Stolberg by legation, but were fiefs of the Prince-Bishopric of Halberstadt, whose Prince-Bishop Henry Julius, from the Guelphic ducal family of Brunswick and Lunenburg-Wolfenbüttel withheld them with violence from the intestated heirs.
Spangenberg was born in
, now a part of Hohenstein, Thuringia, where his father, Georg Spangenberg, was the pastor and ecclesiastical inspector. Left an orphan at the early age of thirteen, the young Spangenberg attended the "gymnasium" (secondary school) at Ilefeld. In 1722 he went on to the University of Jena to study law. Prof. J. F. Buddeus took him into his family, and arranged a scholarship. Spangenberg soon abandoned law for theology, took his degree in 1726, and began to give free lectures on theology.
Until the middle of the last century the Uffe divided in the village of Neuhof. The main stream flowed towards
and Holbach where its water power was used in several mills. This stream is still called the Uffe today. The branch running towards Branderode is called the "Sachsengraben" and passes the villages of Branderode and Obersachswerfen before discharging below Schwinden into the Wieda, which flows into the Zorge downstream of Schwinden. The waters of the Zorge pass down the Helme, Unstrut and Saale into the Elbe.
In the Peace of Westphalia, Frederick William was compensated for Western Pomerania with the secularized bishoprics of Halberstadt and Minden and the right of succession to the likewise secularized Archbishopric of Magdeburg. With Halberstadt, Brandenburg-Prussia also gained several smaller territories: the Lordship of Derenburg, the County of Regenstein, the Lordship of
and the Lordship of Lohra. This was primarily due to French efforts to counterbalance the power of the Habsburg emperor by strengthening the Hohenzollern, and while Frederick William valued these territories lower than Western Pomerania, they became step-stones for the creation of a closed, dominant realm in Germany in the long run.
After the reorganisation of the Stadtbahn network in 1994, Chorweiler was served by line 18 (Chorweiler–Ebertplatz–Neumarkt–
–Brühl–Bonn) with Stadtbahnwagen B cars. As a result of the change, the tracks were lowered in preparation for the operation of high-floor cars, as originally envisaged, and the turning loop was abandoned as it was no longer required for the new bi-directional vehicles. Incoming trains now switch to the platform track in the middle of the station and passengers exit at the northern end of the platform. After reversing, the train passes through the points to the beginning of the platform, where it picks up new passengers.
Walkenried grew rich and acquired lands as far away as the Rhineland and Pomerania. The monks gave much attention to land clearance and development, especially mining, smelting and charcoal works, and also the construction of fishponds. They used the Upper Harz water management system to cultivate the surrounding estates along the Helme river down to Thuringia, which are today called Goldene Aue. In the 13th century, about 100 monks and more than 200 lay brothers lived in the abbey, which became one of the most affluent and significant Cistercian monasteries in Germany. In 1209 the erection of a new basilica modelled on Morimond Abbey began, supported by Emperor Otto IV. The church, then one of the largest in Northern Germany, and the adjacent cloister were finished in a Gothic style and consecrated by Bishop Siegfried II of Hildesheim in 1290. The Counts of
held the office of a "Vogt" (reeve), which upon their extinction about 1260 passed to the Counts of Hohnstein.
The third Cistercian monastery on German territory was founded by Adelheid of Lare (Lohra), wife of Count Volkmar of
, under the first abbot Henry I (1127–28); the foundation was backed by King Lothair III and confirmed in 1137 by Pope Innocent II. The constituent convent arrived in 1129 from Kamp Abbey in the Rhineland, where Adelheid had stayed on a pilgrimage. The premises were conveniently situated on the Wieda creek and the southern slopes of the Harz mountains. Shortly afterwards construction work of a Romanesque basilica began, which was dedicated in 1137. Two Cistercian daughter houses were founded: Pforta ("Sancta Maria ad Portam", 1137) near Naumburg and Sittichenbach Abbey (1141) near Eisleben in the County of Mansfeld.
As several roads and tram lines meet at Barbarossaplatz , the square is an important hub for private and public transportation in Cologne. The Cologne Ring running North-South, Luxemburger Straße, leading into Sülz and
, and Roonstraße leading onto Rathenauplatz. Cologne Stadtbahn has stations on Barbarossaplatz for tram lines 12, 15, 16 and 18. The square is named after Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa (1122–1190) and was originally laid out as an oval space with two circular traffic islands. Today, the spatial experience is largely overshadowed by a dominant, longitudinal tram station, which occupies most of the square. The square is one of the most discussed urban spaces in Cologne for redevelopment.
In the meanwhile the dukes became weary of the constant disputes with the citizens of the town of Brunswick and, in 1432, moved their "Residenz" to the water castle of Wolfenbüttel, which lay in a marshy depression of the river Oker about south of Brunswick. The castle built here for the Brunswick-Lüneburg dukes - together with the ducal chancery, the consistory, the courts and the archives - became the nerve centre of a giant region, from which the Wolfenbüttel-Brunswick part of the overall dukedom was ruled. For a long time it also governed the principalities of Calenberg-Göttingen and Grubenhagen, the Prince-Bishopric of Halberstadt, large parts of the Prince-Bishopric of Hildesheim, the counties of Hohnstein and Regenstein, the baronies of
and Lohra and parts of Hoya on the Lower Weser. The importance of this court was signified by the number of craftsmen needed. Hundreds of timber-framed buildings were built for the court, for its citizens and for ducal facilities, initially randomly, later designed to ducal requirements and for fire protection. In the heyday of the town's development its districts were named after various dukes: the "Auguststadt" in the west, the "Juliusstadt" in the east and the "Heinrichstadt".
Over time, the arms of smaller territories that had been acquired by the Dukes of Brunswick were added to the coat of arms. The coat of arms of the Duchy of Brunswick eventually consisted of a crown and shield, supported by two wild men, on which the blue lion of Lüneburg, the two golden lions of Brunswick, the Saxon steed and the arms of various counties were displayed. The lesser coat of arms of the Duchy of Brunswick showed a crowned shield with the white horse on a red background. The Saxon steed was dropped from the coat of arms during the reign of William VIII. The greater coat of arms of the Duchy of Brunswick, as adopted in 1834, shows a shield with a ducal crown on top and surrounded by the insignia of the Order of Henry the Lion. Displayed on the shield are, from left to right, the blue lion of Lüneburg, the two lions of Brunswick, and the arms of the Counts of Eberstein, Homburg, Diepholz (upper half), Lauterberg, Hoya and Bruchhausen, Diepholz (lower half), Honstein, Regenstein,
and Blankenburg. The new lesser coat of arms introduced under William VIII was a return to the arms of Brunswick-Lüneburg, displayed on a crowned shield supported by two lions. The Latin inscriptions read "IMMOTA FIDES" ("unswerving faithfulness") and "NEC ASPERA TERRENT" ("they are not afraid of difficulties").
Copyright © 2017