Synonyms for kranichfeld or Related words with kranichfeld
Examples of "kranichfeld"
is a "Verwaltungsgemeinschaft" in the district Weimarer Land in Thuringia, Germany. The seat of the "Verwaltungsgemeinschaft" is in
consists of the following municipalities:
Towns along the Ilm are Ilmenau, Stadtilm,
, Bad Berka, Weimar, Apolda and Bad Sulza.
Within the German Empire (1871-1918),
was part of the Grand Duchy of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach.
is a town in the Weimarer Land district, in Thuringia. It is situated on the river Ilm, 18 km southeast of Erfurt, and 16 km southwest of Weimar.
Countess Dorothea of Hanau-Münzenberg (4 February 1556 – 5 September 1638), was a German noblewoman member of the House of Hanau by birth and by virtue of her two marriages Countess of Ortenburg and Gleichen-
Tonndorf is a municipality in the Weimarer Land district of Thuringia, Germany. The nearest train station is Munich (in Bad Berka) at the railway
Weimar, about four kilometers east of Tonna.
The "Kleinstaaterei" was highly valued, but on the territory of the present Free State of Thuringia in the early 20th century there were eight small states ("Kleinstaaten"), Prussian areas in several provinces ("Regierungsbezirken") and several small Saxon exclaves. The fragmentation of the states was made particularly acute because the little states did not form single enclosed territories, but were scattered in a confusing melange. In 1913 there was an exchange of land between Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach and Saxe-Meiningen. The Meiningen village of Lichtenhain outside Jena was exchanged for parts of
that belonged to Weimar. In principle less sensible: it did lead to a tidying up of the boundaries in
, but the Meiningen exclave of
was not removed, but enlarged. Apparently Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach could not or would not offer other land for exchange.
In 1532 of his chancellery phase, he served in the succession homage proceedings of John, Elector of Saxony in the city of Gotha, as when he also was at the convention in Brunswick to confirm the formal council authority of the town Buttelstädt. In 1533 he was invested as witness to the dispute regarding the Elector's financial credit given to Wolffen, Count of Barby, and the Castle and township of Barby and it's signed “Privileges of Werdau”.In 1534 he was in the then Upper
), where he exhibited the Credit documents.
In the valley of Ilm river runs the federal motorway 87 from Ilmenau to Leipzig and two railways: the Thuringian Railway between Großheringen and Weimar and the Ilm Railway ("Ilmbahn") between
and Weimar. Part of the Nuremberg–Erfurt high-speed railway is also being built in the upper part of the valley near Ilmenau.
Charles Günther, Count of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (6 November 1576 – 24 September 1630 in
) was a German nobleman. He was the ruling Count of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt from 1605 to 1612 and then the ruling Count of Hohenstein, Lord of Rudolstadt, Leutenberg, Blankenburg, Sondershausen and Arnstadt from 1612 until his death.
By 1910, the Duchy had grown to 2,468 km² and 278,762 inhabitants. The ducal summer residence was at Altenstein Castle. Since 1868, the duchy comprised the "Kreise" (districts) of Hildburghausen, Sonneberg and Saalfeld as well as the northern exclaves of Camburg and
Nering was appointed Oberbaudirektor (senior architectural director) for Brandenburg on 9 April 1691. He worked on Schloss Oranienburg (1690–94), the bridge Lange Brücke in Berlin (1692–95), the Hetzgarten in 1693, and the Parochialkirche and part of the Zeughaus in 1695. Georg Heinrich
used Nering's design for Schönhausen Palace during the construction of Holstein in East Prussia.
On 28 November 1585 Dorothea married with Count Volrad of Gleichen-
-Ehrenstein-Blankenhain (4 March 1556 – 8 March 1627), who was a student at University of Jena during 1573-1576. They had five children. Dorothea's second marriage ended in divorce in 1596. She never remarried.
Weimar is connected by the Thuringian Railway to Leipzig in the east and to Frankfurt/Kassel in the west. Furthermore, there are some regional railways to Gera via Jena and to
via Bad Berka. Today, there are long-distance trains to Frankfurt via Erfurt and Fulda and to Dresden via Leipzig and regional trains to Göttingen and Eisenach via Erfurt, to Halle via Naumburg, to Altenburg, Glauchau, Zwickau and Greiz via Jena and Gera and to
. When the new Erfurt–Leipzig/Halle high-speed railway will open (in 2015), Weimar will be disconnected from the German long-distance train network. However the regional train service will be augmented to connect Weimar with ICE-stops in Erfurt, Halle and Leipzig.
Prior to 1843 he worked as a pharmacist at several locations in Germany (
, Jever, Detmold and Blankenburg am Harz), followed by studies in botany at the University of Halle (1843 to 1846). In 1843 he became an assistant editor of "Botanische Zeitung", and in 1852 was co-founder of the journal "Die Natur". During his career he amassed a moss herbarium consisting of 12,000 bryological species. "Pyrrhobryum parramattense" is one of the many species he described.
in Thuringia, Germany, the son of a local medical practitioner, he received his early schooling at the gymnasium of Meiningen, to which place his father had moved. After studying natural science at Leipzig as a member of the German Student Corps "Thuringia" and in various other universities, he engaged in private tuition, both independently and in families, in the Austrian towns of Graz, Brünn and Trieste.
From 1693 to 1697, Frederick tasked Georg Heinrich
with building the hunting palace Friedrichshof near the Langerfeldkrug inn according to a design by Johann Arnold Nering. Tiles from the dismantled castle of Fischhausen were used in its construction. Frederick, king as of 1701, used his new mansion for elk hunts in the Kaporner Heath. Other nearby mansions commissioned at the same time were Friedrichsberg and Friedrichswalde, estates which existed until 1945.
Anna Sophie was considered as one of the most educated women of her time. After the death of her husband in 1630 she moved her residence to
and founded there a society that admitted only women, following the example of her brother Louis of Anhalt-Köthen, who was one of the co-founders of the Fruitbearing Society. At the same time, she took the famous educational reformer Wolfgang Ratke under her protection.
The station was built in 1846 as a terminus of the Thuringian Railway from Halle. In 1847 the line was continued west to Erfurt, and to Bebra in 1849. In 1876 this was followed by a second line to Jena and Gera. In 1887, a third line opened to Bad Berka,
and Blankenhain (the Ilm Valley Railway). In the same year, a fourth line was connected to the station, the metre gauge Weimar-Rastenberg Railway line to Großrudestedt in Sömmerda. It was closed in 1946.
Copyright © 2017