Synonyms for krestetsky or Related words with krestetsky
Examples of "krestetsky"
District Museum is located in Kresttsy.
The territory of the modern district was then a part of
Uyezd of Novgorod Governorate. In 1920, Malovishersky Uyezd was established, and in 1922,
Uyezd was abolished and split between Malovishersky, Valdaysky, and Novgorodsky Uyezds.
In 1917, two towns of the governorate were chartered but did not become uyezd centers: Bologoye (Valdaysky Uyezd) and Lyuban (Novgorodsky Uyezd). In 1920, Malovishersky Uyezd was established, however, Malaya Vishera ( formerly in
Uyezd) was not chartered until 1921. In 1922,
District was abolished.
The only museum in the district is the
District Museum, located in Kresttsy, with a branch in the village of Ruchyi.
In August 1927, the governorates and uyezds were abolished.
District, with the administrative center in the "selo" of Kresttsy, was established within Novgorod Okrug of Leningrad Oblast effective October 1, 1927. It included parts of former Malovishersky and Valdaysky Uyezds. On July 23, 1930, the okrugs were abolished, and the districts were directly subordinated to the oblast. On January 4, 1931, Kamzovsky Selsoviet was granted Estonian ethnic status, but was abolished on April 14, 1939. On January 1, 1932, a part of Mstinsky District was merged into
District. On November 9, 1938, Kresttsy was granted work settlement status. On March 11, 1941, the territories from Mstinsky District which had previously been merged into
District were returned to re-established Mstinsky District.
District was not occupied during World War II, though it was located close to the front line. On July 5, 1944,
District was transferred to newly established Novgorod Oblast, where it remained ever since. On February 1, 1963, in the course of the Nikita Khrushchev's administrative reform, the district was transformed into
Industrial District with all of its selsoviets transferred to Valdaysky District. On January 14, 1965, this was reverted, although the new borders were different.
In 1802, Olonets Governorate was restored in pre-1796 borders. It included Petrozavodsky, Olonetsky, Kargopolsky, Vytegorsky, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezds. Simultaneously,
Uyezd (with the administrative center located in Kresttsy), Kirillovsky Uyezd (Kirillov), and Cherepovetsky Uyezd (Cherepovets) were re-established.
Uyezd of Novgorod Governorate was abolished and split between Novgorodsky, Malovishersky, and Valdaysky Uyezds. In 1927, a number of ethnic German and Latvian selsoviets were created in the uyezd.
The Kholova is the main river of
District. Its river basin comprises most of the area of the district, as well as minor areas in the southwest of Okulovsky District and in the southwest of Malovishersky District.
The river basin of the Polomet comprises the western part of Valdaysky District, including some of the lakes in Valdaysky National Park, the southern part of
District, and the northwestern part of Demyansky District.
Effective October 1, 1927, Bronnitsky District with the administrative center in the "selo" of Bronnitsa was also established as a part of Novgorod Okrug of Leningrad Oblast. On March 11, 1931, the "selo" of Bronnitsa was renamed Msta, and the district was renamed Mstinsky. On January 1, 1932, Mstinsky District was abolished and split between Novgorodsky and
Districts. On March 11, 1941, Mstinsky District was re-established. It also included parts of
District. The administrative center of the district was located in Proletariy. Between October and December 1941, minor parts of Mstinsky District were occupied by German troops. On July 5, 1944, Mstinsky District was transferred to newly established Novgorod Oblast. On February 1, 1963, Mstinsky District was abolished and merged into Novgorodsky Rural District. After a sequence of administrative reforms, the area of former Mstinsky District was split between Novgorodsky and
Districts when Novgorodsky Rural District was abolished on January 14, 1965.
The industry in
district is mainly represented by timber industry enterprises. In Kresttsy, there is a factory producing traditional New Year decorations and a factory related to traditional handicrafts.
Settlements located in the current area of the district were first mentioned in chronicles in 1495 as being a part of Derevskaya "Pyatina". Fast economical development of the region started during and after the construction of the Nikolayevskaya Railway which connected Moscow and St. Petersburg in 1851. Okulovka and Uglovka developed first as settlements serving the railway stations, and eventually industries developed there. In the 19th and in the beginning of the 20th century, the area was split between three uyezds of Novgorod Governorate: Borovichsky,
, and Valdaysky. In 1919, Malovishersky Uyezd was established, and in 1922
Uyezd was abolished and split between Malovishersky, Valdaysky, and Novgorodsky Uyezds.
On August 1, 1927, the uyezds were abolished, and
District was established, with the center in Kresttsy. Novgorod Governorate was abolished as well, and the district belonged to Novgorod Okrug of Leningrad Oblast. On July 23, 1930 the okrugs were abolished, and the districts became directly subordinate to the oblast. On November 9, 1938 Kresttsy was granted an urban-type settlement status. On July 5, 1944,
District was transferred to newly established Novgorod Oblast and remained there ever since. Kresttsy was not occupied during the Second World War, though it was located close to the front line.
In 1851 the Moscow - Saint Petersburg Railway was opened, which bypassed Kresttsy. This undermined the importance of the area, which became a backwater. In 1922,
Uyezd was abolished, and in 1926, Kresttsy lost the town status and became a "selo".
The Kholova () is a river in
and Malovishersky Districts of Novgorod Oblast in Russia. It is a left tributary of the Msta River. It is long, and the area of its basin . The principal tributaries of the Kholova are the Khuba River (right) and the Moshnya River (left). The urban-type settlement of Kresttsy is located on the Kholova.
The source of the Kholova lies in Valday Hills, in the system of interconnected lakes at the border between Okulovsky and
District. The river flows west, turns northwest, passes Kresttsy, turns north and enters Malovishersky District. Downstream of Kresttsy, it runs along the Ilmen Depression, which is almost flat. The mouth of the Kholova is close to the village of Zakholovye.
Kresttsy () is an urban locality (a work settlement) and the administrative center of
District of Novgorod Oblast, Russia, situated on the M10 highway connecting Moscow and St. Petersburg, east of Veliky Novgorod. Kresttsy is also located on the Kholova River. Municipally, it is incorporated as Krestetskoye Urban Settlement, the only urban settlement in the district. Population:
The Polomet () is a river in Valdaysky,
, and Demyansky Districts of Novgorod Oblast in Russia. It is a right tributary of the Pola River. It is long, and the area of its basin . The principal tributary of the Polomet is the Luzhonka River (left).
Pogost) was first mentioned in 1393. At the time, it was a part of Derevskaya Pyatina of the Novgorod Republic. In the end of the 15th century, together with Novgorod, it became a part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow. In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Ingermanland Governorate (known since 1710 as Saint Petersburg Governorate). In 1727, separate Novgorod Governorate was split off. In the 18th century, Kresttsy was an important trading settlement, which lied on the road connecting Moscow and Saint Petersburg. In particular, it operated a yam station which also served as a postal service station. In 1776, it was chartered and became the administrative center of
Uyezd of Novgorod Viceroyalty. In 1796, the viceroyalty was transformed into Novgorod Governorate. Between 1796 and 1802 the uyezd was abolished, and it was re-established in 1802.
Pogost) was first mentioned in a chronicle in 1393. At the time, the area was a part of Derevskaya Pyatina of the Novgorod Republic. In the end of the 15th century, together with Novgorod, it became a part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow. In the course of the administrative reform carried out in 1708 by Peter the Great, the area was included into Ingermanland Governorate (known since 1710 as Saint Petersburg Governorate). In 1727, separate Novgorod Governorate was split off. In 1776, Kresttsy was chartered and became the seat of
Uyezd of Novgorod Viceroyalty. In 1796, the viceroyalty was transformed into Novgorod Governorate. In 1796, the uyezd was abolished, but was re-established in 1802. The area was located along the road connecting Moscow and St. Petersburg, and Kresttsy developed as a major trade center. However, in 1851, the Moscow – Saint Petersburg Railway was opened, which bypassed Kresttsy. This undermined the importance of the area, which eventually went into decline. In 1918, a considerable part of
Uyezd was split off to form Malovishersky Uyezd, and in 1922, it was abolished and split between Malovishersky, Valdaysky, and Novgorodsky Uyezds. In 1926, Kresttsy lost the town status and became a "selo".
Copyright © 2017