Synonyms for krini or Related words with krini
Examples of "krini"
you can visit the Castle of Angelokastro.
is the starting point of the Nicosia aqueduct.
() is a small town of approximately 500 year-round inhabitants in Northern Greece.
is a community of the municipal unit Triglia, regional unit of Chalkidiki. Krini's main agricultural crops include wheat, olives, onions, grapes, and anise.
(, ) is a village in the Kyrenia District of Cyprus. It is under the "de facto" control of Northern Cyprus.
(Greek: Νέα Κρήνη, ) is a district of the municipality of Kalamaria, Thessaloniki regional unit, Greece. Many local footballers, basketball players and singers live in Nea
. The beach near Mikra Sports Center is often called Miami, after a local restaurant called "Miami".
(Greek: Κρήνη meaning "source", before 1955: Βοστίδι - "Vostidi") is a village in the municipal unit of Oichalia in the southeastern part of the Trikala regional unit, Greece. It is situated on the edge of the Thessalian Plain, 6 km northwest of Farkadona.
had a population of 733 in 2011.
there are two major neighbouring football clubs, AEN (Greek: Αθλητική Ένωση Νέας Κρήνης, ) and Agios Georgios (Greek: Αθλητική Ένωση Αγίου Γεωργίου, ).
Miami is a beach near Mikra Sports Center in Nea
, Kalamaria, Thessaloniki, Greece is often called Miami, because there is a luxurious restaurant called Miami in the area.
Although the Diplarakou family lived in Athens, they originally were Maniots from
in the Peloponnese. The original family name was Vavouli (Βαβούλη) but it was changed to Aliki's paternal grandmother's maiden name of Diplarakou.
The “north-bank” thesis of F. L. Lucas, based on his 1921 solo field-trip to Thessaly, is now, however, broadly accepted by historians. “A visit to the ground has only confirmed me,” Lucas wrote in 1921; “and it was interesting to find that Mr. Apostolides, son of the large local landowner, the hospitality of whose farm at Tekés I enjoyed, was convinced too that the [battle-]site was by Driskole [now
], for the very sound reason that neither the hills nor the river further east suit Caesar’s description.” John D. Morgan in his definitive “Palae-pharsalus – the Battle and the Town”, arguing for a site closer still to
, where he places Palaepharsalos, writes: “My reconstruction is similar to Lucas’s, and in fact I borrow one of his alternatives for the line of the Pompeian retreat. Lucas’s theory has been subjected to many criticisms, but has remained essentially unshaken.”
Karabournaki, has two major streets: "Themistokli Sofouli street" which from Thessaloniki's Concert Hall leads to Nea
and "Taki Ekonomidi avenue", which links the center of Kalamaria to downtown Thessaloniki. The most significant building of Karabournaki is the so-called "Kyvernion" (Government House) also known as the "Palataki" (little palace); which was the official residence of the King and Queen of Greece during their visits in Thessaloniki. Moreover, many Greek Presidents as well as other important personalities that have visited, have stayed there.
Sidirokastro ( literally "the iron castle") was a castle in Achaea, Greece, situated between the villages
and Kallithea. It is located on one of the foothills of the Panachaiko, the Omplos, near the Omblos Monastery in Zoitada. Little remains of the castle. It is unknown when exactly it was built, most likely by the Franks of the Principality of Achaea. It was used for the defense of Patras, around which the Venetians had built many small castle-fortresses.
The administration of the Smyrna zone was organized in units largely based on the former Ottoman system. Apart from the kaza of Smyrna and the adjacent area of Ayasoluk which were under the direct control of the Smyrna High Commission, the remaining zone was divided into one province ( "Nomarchia"): that of Manisa, as well as the following counties ( "Ypodioikiseis"): Ödemiş, Tire (Thira), Bayındır (Vaindirion), Nympheon,
, Karaburna, Sivrihisar, Vryula, Palea Phocaea, Menemen, Kasaba, Bergama and Ayvali.
Saravali () is a village and a community in the municipal unit of Messatida, Achaea, Greece. The community is located at the southeastern edge of the agglomeration of Patras. The community consists of the villages Saravali, Agios Stefanos, Demenika (the largest village), Kefalovryso and Bakari. Saravali is 6 km south of Patras city centre. Adjacent communities are Petroto to the east, Patras to the north, Ovrya to the west and
to the south. The Greek National Road 9 (Patras - Pyrgos) runs through the community.
Ovrya () is a town in Achaea, Greece. It is a suburb of Patras, located 6 km south of Patras city centre. It was the seat of the former municipality of Messatida. The Greek National Roads 9 (Patras - Pyrgos) and 33 (Patras - Tripoli) pass through the town. Ovrya is in the transition zone from the densely populated coastal area to the hills in the southeast, including Omplos. Agriculture (olive groves, pastures) is still the dominant land use in the areas south and east of Ovrya. Neighboring communities are Demenika to the northeast, Mintilogli to the west,
to the east, and Kallithea to the south.
Seires (Greek: Σειρές, before 1928: Βερσίτσι - "Versitsi") is a mountain village and a community in the municipal unit of Aroania, Achaea, Greece. It was named after the ancient town Seirae, that was part of Arcadian Azania. In 2011, it had a population of 76 for the village and 263 for the community, which includes the villages Agioi Theodoroi, Agios Georgios,
and Thomaiika. Seires is situated at 940 m above sea level. Seires is 3 km west of Alestaina, 4 km northwest of Paos, 5 km east of Psofida and 23 km southwest of Kalavryta.
The main roads that feed into the municipality are those of Konstantinos Karamanlis Avenue (formerly Nea Egnatia) to the east (which links with the A25 (the Thessaloniki-Chalkidiki motorway)), Taki Ekonomidi Avenue (which links the popular district of Nea
with Thessaloniki's city center), Megalou Alexandrou Avenue - the biggest avenue in Thessaloniki and the EO16 which provides the main access from Kalamaria to the airport and the outer south-eastern suburbs of Thessaloniki. Other main road links exist with Thermi, while the southeast end of the Thessaloniki ring road (which bypasses the Thessaloniki Urban Area) lies to the southeast of Kalamaria.
The geographer Strabo speaks of two towns, Old Pharsalos, Παλαιοφάρσαλος (Palaeopharsalos) and Pharsalos, existing in historical times. His statement (9.5.6) that the Thetideion, the temple to Thetis south of Skotoussa, was “near both the Pharsaloi, the Old and the New”, seems to imply that Palaeopharsalos was not itself close by Pharsalos. Although the battle of 48 BC is called after Pharsalos, four ancient writers – the author of the "Bellum Alexandrinum" (48.1), Frontinus ("Strategemata" 2.3.22), Eutropius (20), and Orosius (6.15.27) – place it specifically at "Palaeo"pharsalos. In 198 B.C. Philip V had sacked Palaeopharsalos (Livy 32.13.9). If that town had been close to Pharsalos he would have sacked both, and Livy would have written “Pharsalus” instead of “Palaeopharsalus”. The British scholar F. L. Lucas demonstrated ("Annual of the British School at Athens", No. XXIV, 1919–21) that the battle of 48 BC must have been fought "north" of the Enipeus, near modern-day
. It has been suggested that
was built on the site of Palaeopharsalos, where the old road south from Larissa emerged from the hills on to the Pharsalian Plain.
Historically, Deneia has been a mixed village. In the Ottoman census of 1831, the village had a Turkish Cypriot majority, with 17 Turkish Cypriot and 8 Greek Cypriot male inhabitants recorded. However, in 1891, both ethnic groups constituted half the village's population, with 82 Turkish Cypriot and 84 Greek Cypriots. Between 1891 and 1946, the village's Turkish Cypriot population did not increase, whilst the Greek Cypriot population continually increased. In 1960, Greek Cypriots constituted 61.5% of the population of 324 people (196 Greek Cypriots, 128 Turkish Cypriots). The Turkish Cypriots of the village fled to secure Turkish Cypriot enclaves in Fotta,
, Ortaköy and Lefka in 1964, in the wake of intercommunal violence. During the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974, Greek Cypriot inhabitants also fled the village as the Turkish army advanced to the village, but they returned after the army withdrew. Turkish Cypriot inhabitants were relocated to Şirinevler (Agios Ermolaos), where they were given land. Today, the original Greek Cypriot inhabitants live in the village, while the Turkish Cypriot quarter lies in ruins.
Copyright © 2017