Synonyms for lanoraie or Related words with lanoraie
Examples of "lanoraie"
On December 6, 2000, the Parish Municipality of Saint-Joseph-de-
and the Municipality of
-d'Autray were merged to form the new Municipality of
Although the Parish of Saint-Joseph-de-
was founded in 1732, it did not really begin to develop until 1831. In 1845, this parish was incorporated as the Parish Municipality of
, but abolished two years later in 1847, when it became part of the Berthier County Municipality. In 1855, it was reestablished as the Parish Municipality of Saint-Joseph-de-
. In 1848, the Municipality of
-d'Autray was formed.
Participants in the Marie Reine Canada pilgrimage , established in 2003, travel 100 km on foot in three days from St.-Joseph-de-
, Quebec), through Maskinongé and Trois-Rivières, every Labour Day weekend.
Ecological Reserve is an ecological reserve in Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1994.
is a town in the Lanaudière region of Quebec, Canada, part of the D'Autray Regional County Municipality.
He was born in Saint-Joseph-de-
, Lower Canada, the son of Maurice Robillard and Marguerite Hilaire, dit Bonaventure, and was educated there. Robillard became a navigator, then a farmer and merchant dealing in grain and hay at Saint-Joseph-de-
then Montreal. He was a member of the Montreal Board of Trade. In 1873, Robillard married Annie de Lorimier. He was first elected to the Quebec assembly in 1878; his election in 1880 was appealed but he won the subsequent by-election. He was defeated by Louis Sylvestre when he ran for reelection in 1886. Robillard died in Montréal and was buried in the Notre Dame des Neiges Cemetery in 1905; his body was later moved to a cemetery in Saint-Joseph-de-
The first inhabitants came from Saint-Paul, Saint-Elizabeth,
, and Berthier. Among the early settlers were also many Irish families, who cleared much land, built an English school, built a chapel, and a Protestant cemetery.
The "Marie Reine du Canada" Pilgrimage column stops at the church of Sainte-Geneviève de Berthierville for Mass on the first day of its three-day walk from
Berthier County included during its formation parishes and institutions in St. Ignace Island, the Island Pads, Berthier,
, Lavaltrie, St. Norbert, St. Cuthbert, St. Bartholomew, St. Gabriel and the Township of Brandon.
Previously working for Henri Dès albums, it acquired the
, Quebec-based Interdisc Distribution Inc. to form BMG Québec, in 1990, originally as BMG Musique du Québec under the direction of Nicolas Ferrier.
In municipal and regional politics, Villeneuve was elected the mayor of
was also a prefect for the D'Autray Regional County Municipality. He was also a member of the executive council for the Conseil régional de transport de Lanaudière and Conférence régionale des élus de Lanaudière.
In 1672, the Intendant of New France Jean Talon granted the territory as a seignory to Louis de Niort de La Noraye (1639-1708). In 1688, the Seignory of La Noraye (also spelled as: Lanauraie,
, Noraye) was united with the Autray Seignory, granted in 1637 to Jean Bourdon who passed it on to his son Jacques Bourdon d'Autray in 1653.
Born at Berthier and baptised at Montreal, as the son of James Cuthbert, he was heir to the seigneuries of
and Dautray. He studied at Douai in France and completed his studies in law in Philadelphia where he married Emily Rush, daughter of Benjamin Rush, one of the signatories of the United States "Declaration of Independence".
He was born in
in 1743, the son of Olivier Durocher, a doctor and merchant from Angers, France, and Thérèse Juillet, descended from one of the members of Adam Dollard des Ormeaux's party at Long Sault. Durocher served as a major in the militia. He was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Lower Canada for Surrey in 1796.
In 1882 he became Rector of St. Philips, Toronto. In 1883 he married Georgiana Bostwick, daughter of John Bostwick, Seigneur of
. In 1889 he was appointed an honorary canon of St. Alban's Cathedral, Toronto, and was elected R. D. of Toronto in 1895. He was a member of the Council of the Toronto Church of England S. S. Association, and V.P. of the Toronto Church School. He has been also an active promoter of the Church of England Temperance Society.
In 1845, the Municipality of Saint-Thomas-de-North-Jersey was formed when it separated from parts of Sainte-Élisabeth,
, and Saint-Paul-de-Lavaltrie. One of the leading persons advocating for its formation was Louis Voligny, a former French officer who is considered the founder of St. Thomas. He donated land for the construction of the church, the presbytery, and for the establishment of the cemetery. Voligny was also elected as the first mayor and his son Felix Voligny was secretary-treasurer. Consequently, the place was also known as Saint-Thomas-de-Voligny for a period of time.
Members of the parish organize and participate in the annual Marie Reine du Canada Pilgrimage, a 100 km pilgrimage on foot from Saint-Joseph-de-
to the Marian shrine of Notre-Dame du Cap at Trois-Rivières, Quebec. Founded by a group of lay parishioners and first walked in 2003, the pilgrimage is based on the Notre-Dame de Chrétienté pilgrimage from Notre-Dame de Paris to Chartres Cathedral in France. It takes place over the Labour Day weekend and draws over 70 pilgrims each year.
Hydro-Québec usually uses tall, large pylons to cross large bodies of water, like lakes and rivers. These towers are said to be prominent and the tallest pylon in Hydro-Québec's power grid is of this function. The tallest of these is located near the Tracy power station on the shore of the Saint Lawrence River, carrying a 735kV circuit between
and Tracy. The pylon, the largest of its kind in Canada, is tall, the same height as the Montreal Olympic Stadium, and slightly larger than the Washington Monument in the United States ().
Repentigny is the central point for transit in South-Central Lanaudière. Its Centre d'Échange Rive Nord-Est (Northeastern Shore Transit Exchange Centre), administrated by Agence métropolitaine de transport, is the main infrastructure for transit in the region. Unlike a bus terminal, no departures are available from the "Centre d'Échange", but transfers from one circuit to the other are possible. 9 of the 10 RTC de la MRC de L'Assomption transit system circuits travel via Centre d'Échange, in addition of the 2 CRTL regional lines. Thus, Repentigny is directly connected to Terrebonne, Charlemagne, L'Assomption, Montreal, Montréal-Est, Saint-Sulpice, Lavaltrie,
, Sainte-Geneviève-de-Berthier, Berthierville, La Visitation-de-l'Île-Dupas, Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola, Saint-Paul-d'Industrie, Crabtree, Sainte-Marie-Salomé and Joliette.
He was born Amable-Eugène-Bonaventure Piché in Saint-Sulpice, the son of Bonaventure Piché and Émilie Lefebvre. Piché was educated at the Collège de l'Assomption, studied law in Montreal with Norbert Dumas and was admitted to the Quebec bar in 1845. In 1846, he married Marie-Célina "Nina" Marion. In 1855, Piché served as mayor of Berthier and prefect of the county. He was defeated when he ran for reelection to the assembly in 1861. He served as crown prosecutor for the Court of Queen's Bench from 1864 to 1871. In 1867, Piché was named Queen's Counsel. He was admitted to the Manitoba bar in 1872. He served as assistant clerk for the Canadian House of Commons from 1873 to 1879, when he returned to the practice of law in Montreal. Piché was an unsuccessful candidate for a seat in the Quebec assembly in 1886. He died in
at the age of 69.
Copyright © 2017