Synonyms for malbaie or Related words with malbaie

verendrye              macaza              loche              sarraz              perouse              digue              mongie              boucherville              ciotat              fargeville              assomption              bassee              salaberry              croisic              neuveville              bouteillerie              matane              martre              hulpe              monts              turbie              broquerie              cluse              souterraine              plagne              villaines              gardeur              esparron              pierrefonds              moille              gorgue              poterie              thillot              chambly              courneuve              sillery              rouville              dolbeau              noyant              bleury              boutillerie              ozoir              braye              saulx              folliaz              coupole              banquise              soulanges              marsannay              wantzenau             

Examples of "malbaie"
In 1957, Saint-Étienne-de-Murray-Bay was renamed to Saint-Etienne-de-la-Malbaie. A year later, the Village Municipality of La Malbaie changed status and became the Town of La Malbaie, that annexed the parish municipality in 1965.
On February 15, 1995, the Town of La Malbaie and the Village Municipality of Pointe-au-Pic merged to form the Town of La Malbaie–Pointe-au-Pic. On December 1, 1999, the Municipalities of Rivière-Malbaie and Saint-Fidèle, the Village Municipality of Cap-à-l'Aigle, the Parish Municipality of Sainte-Agnès, and the Town of La Malbaie–Pointe-au-Pic were amalgamated to form the new Town of La Malbaie.
He was born in La Malbaie, Lower Canada in 1829 and studied at the Petit Séminaire de Québec. He became a building contractor and built the parliament buildings at Quebec City in 1878. Cimon established a pulp and paper mill at La Malbaie during the 1880s. With Edmund James Flynn, he owned the "Journal de Québec". In 1884, he helped establish a weekly newspaper "L'Écho des Laurentides" at La Malbaie. He died at La Malbaie of apoplexy in 1887 while still in office.
Musée régional de Charlevoix (Charlevoix Regional Museum), La Malbaie, QC
His work is held by museums in Montreal, Québec and La Malbaie.
La Malbaie is the seat of the judicial district of Charlevoix.
Charlevoix Airport is located south southwest of La Malbaie, in the Charlevoix-Est Regional County Municipality of Quebec, Canada.
The Malbaie Formation is a geologic formation in Quebec. It preserves fossils dating back to the Devonian period.
La Malbaie is located in the Charlevoix Seismic Zone, which is the most active seismic zone in eastern Canada. La Malbaie is notable for having an extremely high seismic risk, although a significant earthquake has not occurred in the region recently.
HMCS "La Malbaie" was a Royal Canadian Navy revised which took part in convoy escort duties during the Second World War. She fought primarily in the Battle of the Atlantic. She was named for La Malbaie, Quebec. She was originally named "Fort William" but her name was changed before commissioning.
Born in La Malbaie, Quebec, the son of Ferdinand Asselin and Eugénie Tremblay, he was called to the Quebec Bar in 1951. He was created Queen's Counsel in 1967. From 1957 to 1963, he was the Mayor of La Malbaie, Quebec.
La Malbaie is a municipality in the Charlevoix-Est Regional County Municipality in the province of Quebec, Canada, situated on the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River, at the mouth of the Malbaie River. It was formerly known as Murray Bay.
The Laurentides Wildlife Reserve is the western boundary of the ZEC; the Grands-Jardins National Park (Parc national des Grands-Jardins), on south-west; the Municipality of Saint-Urbain, at southeast of ZEC du Lac-au-Sable, on east; and the Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie National Park (Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie) to the north.
In 1774, the Parish of Saint-Étienne was formed. In 1845, the place was first incorporated as the Municipality of La Malbaie, but it was abolished in 1847. It was reestablished in 1855 as the Parish Municipality of Saint-Étienne-de-Murray-Bay. In 1896, the village itself separated from the parish municipality and was incorporated as the Village Municipality of La Malbaie.
The Malbaie River in the Charlevoix region empties into the Saint Lawrence River at La Malbaie. Until 1985 the river was used to transport logs downstream. It flows through a steep valley known as Les Hautes Gorges. A sugar maple and American elm forest grows in the gorge and has remained largely undisturbed for hundreds of years.
He was born at Saint-Étienne-de-la-Malbaie in 1822, the son of a merchant and navigator. Cimon studied at the Petit Séminaire de Québec, qualified to practice as a notary in 1843 and set up practice at La Malbaie and then Quebec City. In 1846, he married Marie-Caroline Langlois. He was inspector of schools for Charlevoix County from 1852 to 1859. In 1858, he was elected to the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Canada for Charlevoix. After 1872, he returned to La Malbaie.
The vessel was broken up at La Malbaie, Quebec in July 1987. Her bell is preserved at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax.
Beginning in September 2011, a new tourist train service began operation along the Charlevoix Railway between Quebec City and La Malbaie.
André Maltais (born 17 May 1948 in La Malbaie, Quebec) was a Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons. He was a school administrator by career.
Around 1800, the first settlers moved into the area, living primarily of agriculture. Followed by a saw and flour mill, tradeshops, and stores, a settlement grew that was then known as Chute Nairne. At the close of the century, the place attracted attention for its hydro-electric potential, and by 1900, a dam was built across the Malbaie River, supplying electricity to La Malbaie and surrounding area.