Synonyms for manizer or Related words with manizer
Examples of "manizer"
(1891 – 1966) was a prominent Russian sculptor.
created a number of works that became classics of socialist realism.
is buried in the Novodevichy Cemetery of Moscow.
was born in St. Petersburg. As a student
attended the State Artistic and Industrial Academy there, and the art school of the Peredvizhniki from 1911 through 1916. From 1926 he was a member of the Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia. In 1941 he moved to Moscow.
The monument to Galina Ulanova, created by the sculptor Elena Janson-
in 1936, has a rich history.
Manizer's wife Elena Alexandrovna Yanson-
(1890-1971) was a sculptor in her own right, with work at the Dynamo station of the Moscow Metro. Their son Hugh Matveyevich
(born 1927) is a noted painter. Among Manizer's students was the Stalin Prize-winning Fuad Abdurakhmanov.
In 1943 a statue to him was raised in the Moscow Metro station Izmailovsky Park (now Partizanskaya), designed by the Soviet sculptor Matvey
Working in an academic and realistic style,
produced a great number of monuments situated throughout the Soviet Union, including some twelve portrayals of Lenin.
was awarded the People's Artist of the USSR (1958), Member of USSR Academy of Arts (1947), vice president of USSR Academy of Arts (1947-1966), chairman of the Saint Petersburg Union of Artists from 1937 to 1941, and winner of the Stalin Prize three times.
The Soviet art is represented with paintings by several generations of Soviet artists, including Igor Grabar, Aleksandr Gerasimov, Nikolai Petrovich Krymov, Vladimir Stozharov; sculptures by Yevgeny Vuchetich, Matvey
; graphic art by Vladimir Favorsky, Yuri Neprintsev and Andrei Goncharov.
The circular ceiling niche at the foot of the stairs originally contained a fresco by A.D. Goncharov, though this has since been painted over. At the top of the stairs is a sculptural group by Matvey
entitled "Partisans" and bearing the inscription "To partisans and partisan glory!".
Since 1923 the hill was part of the Kaniv Nature Preserve. In 1926 there was created the special Kaniv Museum-Preserve of Shevchenko. In 1939 a Russian sculptor Matvey
(architect Yevgeniy Levinson) created the bronze statue that along with newly built museum building built by Ukrainian architects Vasyl Krychevsky and Petro Kostyrko became the main features of the location.
His original draft called for bas relief sculptures of life-size standing figures on the corners and lace-like Gothic ornaments on the main vault. This, however, did not materialize. Instead, Matvey
, a sculptor with a political backing, preferred classical, larger-than-life bronze sculptures, crouched between fake arches and the plinth. As a result, the station became heavyweight and dark.
The idea for the creation of the statue was initiated by Soekarno, the first president of Indonesia, when he visited Moscow in the late 1950s and was impressed with the statues in the city. He was introduced to a Socialist realist sculptor Matvey
and his son Ossip
. In order to inspire them, Soekarno invited the sculptors to Indonesia to build a statue which embodies the fight to achieve independence, which at that time Indonesia was fighting for the freedom of West Papua from the Dutch colonialism. While exploring a rural village in West Java, the sculptors were inspired by a folklore about a mother who supported her son to win the war and to remember his parents and his land as well as giving him some rice for his journey.
The station's hexagonal shaped vestibule, features a domed structure on a low drum, on the corner niches of which are six medallions with bas-reliefs of main pioneers in electricity and electrical engineering: William Gilbert, Benjamin Franklin, Mikhail Lomonosov, Michael Faraday, Pavel Yablochkov, and Alexander Popov along with their pioneering apparatus. The interior of the vestibule is further punctuated by the same bright red salietti marble. Outside the vestibule in the archway there is a sculpture to the metro-builders by Matvey
The most famous works by Leningrad sculptors include the monument to Kirov in Leningrad (1938) created by Nikolai Tomsky, the sculptural composition Lenin in Razliv (1935) by Veniamin Pinchuk, monuments of Lenin in Petrozavodsk (1933), Minsk (1933) and Ulyanovsk (1940), to Chapayev in Samara (1932), and to Taras Shevchenko in Kharkov (1935) and Kiev (1938) by Matvey
, and the same sculptor’s monument to the victims of 9 January 1905 in Leningrad (1931).
Kibalnikov took part in work on the monumental sculpture of Vladimir Mayakovsky in Moscow in the 1950s. Many famous masters tried to create the poet's image in sculpture, among them Matvey
, Sergey Konenkov, Nikolai Tomsky, Yevgeny Vuchetich, Mikhail Anikushin, Lev Kerbel. Kibalnikov's work received support due to its vibrant expressiveness, and won final approval. The bronze figure of the poet was unveiled in 1958; in 1959 the sculptor was awarded the Lenin Prize for this work.
The station opened in 1938, its architect was Alexey Dushkin. The station features red and yellow marble arches resting on low pylons faced with black Armenian marble. The spaces between the arches are partially filled by decorative ventilation grilles and ceiling tracery. Each arch is flanked by a pair of bronze sculptures by Matvey
depicting the people of the Soviet Union, including soldiers, farmers, athletes, writers, aviators, industrial workers, and schoolchildren. There are a total of 76 sculptures in the station.
In 1929, Abdurahmanov’s family moved to Yevlakh and later relocated to Baku. In Baku, the family of the future sculptor rented a two-room apartment in Icheri Sheher, on Mammadyarov street. 1929 became an important year for Fuad. This was the year that he entered the Painting School of Baku. After beginning his studies in Baku, he later studied at the Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg (1935–1940) at Matvey Genrikhovich
In 1934 Isaak Brodsky, a disciple of Ilya Repin, was appointed director of the National Academy of Arts and the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Sculpture, and Architecture. Brodsky invited distinguished painters and pedagogues to teach at the Academy, namely Semion Abugov, Mikhail Bernshtein, Ivan Bilibin, Piotr Buchkin, Efim Cheptsov, Rudolf Frentz, Boris Ioganson, Dmitry Kardovsky, Alexander Karev, Dmitry Kiplik, Yevgeny Lansere, Alexander Lubimov, Matvey
, Vasily Meshkov, Pavel Naumov, Alexander Osmerkin, Anna Ostroumova-Lebedeva, Leonid Ovsyannikov, Nikolai Petrov, Sergei Priselkov, Nikolay Punin, Nikolai Radlov, Konstantin Rudakov, Pavel Shillingovsky, Vasily Shukhaev, Victor Sinaisky, Ivan Stepashkin, Konstantin Yuon, and others.
Overhead, twelve octagonal mosaics by G. Opryshko, S. Volkov, and I. Morozov depict Belarusian daily life, and underfoot the platform is intricately tiled to resemble a Belarusian quilt. A sculptural group by sculptor Matvey
called "Soviet Belorussia" used to stand at the end of the platform before it was removed in 1998 to make room for a second entrance. Another sculptural group, "Belarusian Partisans," by S.M. Orlov, S. M. Rabinovich, and I. A. Slonim, is located in the passage between this station and Belorusskaya-Radialnaya.
In 1892 Beklemishev returned to Russia where for his works made in Rome he received the title of the Academician. The same year he demonstrates his famous sculpture "How Beautiful, How Fresh Were the Roses" named after the story of Ivan Turgenev. In 1894 Beklemishev became a Professor of the Academy. Among his pupils were famous sculptors Anna Golubkina, , Matvey
, Leonid Sherwood. In 1900 Beklemishev became a member of the Academy's Council and in 1906 he became the rector of the Sculpture Department of the Academy.
Copyright © 2017