Synonyms for mathbaria or Related words with mathbaria
Examples of "mathbaria"
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, the population of
Upazila was 262,841. Males constituted 49.0% of the population, and females 51.0%.
has an average literacy rate of 61.7% (7+ years), compared to the national average is 51.8%.
() is an Upazila of Pirojpur District in the Division of Barisal, Bangladesh.
has 11 Unions/Wards, 69 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 94 villages.
is a village in Pirojpur District in the Barisal Division of southwestern Bangladesh.
is located at . It has 48,139 households and a total area of 353.25 km².
The village of Suryamani was located in Pirojpur sub-division of erstwhile Barisal district, now under
Upazila of Pirojpur District. The village is two and a half kilometres to the east of
Upazila headquarters. Towards the south of the village is a WAPDA embankment.
The subdivision (then, a "mohokooma", now a "zila") of Pirojpur was created in 1866. Pirojpur district was formed in 1984 and the Municipality was formed in 1886. The area of Pirojpur is 1399.39 km. It is under Barisal Division. There are 4 Municipalities in Pirojpur named Pirozpur, Bhandaria, Nesarabad and
. The number of Upazilas (sub districts) in Pirojpur district is 7, named- Pirojpur Sadar, Bhandaria,
, Zianagor, Nazirpur, Sharupkathi and Kaukhali. Of the seven upazilas of the district
is the largest (353.25 km, it occupies 27.01% of the total area of the district) and Kawkhali is the smallest (79.65 km). It also containing 51 Unions, 390 Mauzas and 648 Villages.
The village of Bhimnali presently falls under Sapleja Union of
Upazila in Pirojpur District of Bangladesh. In 1971, Mathabaria police station fell under the Pirojpur sub-division of Bakerganj district. The village of Bhimnali or Nali Bhim or simply Nali is situated by the Nali canal. It is located 18 km from the
Upazila headquarters. In 1971, it was a predominantly Bengali Hindu village. There were 80 Bengali Hindu families settled along the WAPDA embankment.
There were four markets in the estate situated in
, Tushakhali, Bara-masua and Dhanisafa. The principal articles of export were rice, coconuts and betel nuts, and the chief imports were salt, tobacco, sugar, oil, corrugated iron, and timber.
On May 06, 2010, The High Court ordered the police administration of Pirojpur to rehabilitate to their houses within five days 13 Hindu families in
upzila evicted allegedly by Awami League activists.
The village Burirchar was a part of Thuskhali estate which is situated in the thana (Upazila) of
under the present district of Pirojpur. It was a Sundarbans estate entirely reclaimed from forest. Tushkhali estate comprised 23 villages covering an area of about , and Udaytara Burirchar is the adjacent village housing the headquarters of Tushkhali.
Morrelganj Upazila (Bagerhat district) is bounded by Bagerhat sadar and Kachua upazilas on the north, Sarankhola and
upazilas on the south, Pirojpur sadar and Bhandaria upazilas on the east, Rampal and Mongla upazilas on the west. Main rivers: Baleshwar, Ghasiakhali, Panguchi and Bhola.
On the night of 6 October, a group of 60-65 armed Razakars raided the houses of Haldar and Mitra families in the village of Angulkata now under Sadar Union of
Upazila. The Razakars were led by Commander Iskander Ali Mridha, Mukul Ahmed Badshah, Ansar Ali Khalifa and Syed Howladar. They broke open the doors and tied up the men, women and children. After that they raped the women, and took 37 men captive, tied with ropes. The men were taken to
police station. Seven of them were released for a huge ransom. They rest 30 were taken to the WAPDA embankment to the south of Suryamani village. They were made to stand in a line and shot by the Razakars. 24 Bengali Hindus died on the spot. Six of them escaped miraculously after surviving bullet wounds.
On 8 October 2010, survivor Jnanendra Mitra filed a lawsuit with the Court of Senior Assistant Judge at
, against eight persons accusing them of the killings. The lawsuit accused Abdur Jabbar Engineer (Vice Chairman of Jatiya Party and former M.P. from Pirojpur-3 constituency), Iskander Ali Mridha (Charmain of Tikikata Union and leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party), Mukul Ahmed Badshah (Industrialist and Jatiya Party leader), Mohammad Ansar Ali Khalifa (Jamaat-e-Islami leader), Mohammad Habib Mian Howladar, Ruhul Amin and Mohammad Alam Mridha of the war crimes. The judge directed the Officer in Charge of
police station to lodge an FIR and investigate into the matter. When the police asked for further directive from the court, the judge referred the case to the International Crimes Tribunal. The International Crimes Tribunal have visited the place twice for investigation. The tribunal has so far collected the testimony of 18 witnesses.
Hossain's ancestral home on his father's side was in the village of Jhatibunia, which is located in
Upazila, Pirojpur District. His father was an autorickshaw operator. His family moved to 79/1 Banagram Road, Dhaka after the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971. Noor Hossain attended Radhasundari Primary School, which was also on Banagram Road. When he was in 8th grade at Graduate High School, Dhaka, Hossain quit school because of poverty. He was admitted to a motor driving school and received training in driving like his father. Interested in politics, Hossain became the publicity secretary of the Banagram unit committee of Dhaka City Joubo League. He was neither well-off nor highly educated but he embodied the struggle of common people of the country, and has become a public symbol.
Momin Mosque is located in Akon-bari, in the village of Burirchar,
Upazila, under the district of Pirojpur in Bangladesh. The mosque is made of wood and structured without nails by woodworkers and calligraphers. The woodworks are arranged in geometric balance and painted with natural colors. A philanthropist in the village of Burirchar, Momin Uddin Akon, started building this mosque in 1913 by employing twenty-one artisans, and it took seven years to complete the work. In 2003, The archeological department of Bangladesh government recognized it as a national heritage and listed it under the name Momin Mosque for its care and protection. In 2008, the archaeological department started some restoration work on Momin Mosque; however, the restoration work somewhat changed its original appearance.
Copyright © 2017