Synonyms for mattishall or Related words with mattishall
Examples of "mattishall"
East Tuddenham is bisected by
Road, which links to the A47 eastwards and eventually to East Dereham westwards (firstly passing through
, Clint Green and Yaxham).
is a former Royal Flying Corps landing ground located east of
, Norfolk and north west of Norwich, Norfolk, England.
The landing ground was in use during the First World War initially under the control of the Royal Flying Corps until 1 April 1918 when the site was turned over to the Royal Air Force and was renamed from RFC
. The site was used by aircraft intercepting Zeppelin bombers. Aircraft of 51 Squadron operated from
It is situated on a plateau of boulder clay left by the glaciers about 300,000 years ago. The soil in the area varies from sands around the neighbouring
Burgh to stickier clays around
The village is served by All Saints church, now within the benefice of
These three publications were in controversy with John Carter, independent minister of
Bailey was born in 1840 (on 10 November or 15 November) in
, Norfolk, England. According to the
parish register, he was baptized there on 12 March 1843, son of William Bailey, a labourer, and Sarah Dunthorn. He should not be confused with James David Bailey, huntsman of the Essex Foxhounds from 1879 until 1920. William Bailey was also known to be a farmer of Mill Road (which became Kensington House),
, Norfolk. Bailey's mother was Sarah (née Dunthron).
The All Saints Church in
dates from the late fourteenth century, possibly replacing an earlier church on the site. The patron is Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge and it is thought that Dr. Caius was instrumental in initiating the building of the larger church. Saint Peter's Church, in
Burgh, is much smaller and is mainly late thirteenth century.
The National School (subsequently
First School and
Middle School, and since 2005 merged to become simply
Primary School) was built in 1872. A notable headmistress was Miss Johnson (1884–1919), the daughter of the station master at Hardingham. Miss Mildred Edwards, a pupil-teacher, was still around when the school celebrated its centenary. It was she who planted the conker, which grew into the very large chestnut tree in the garden of Church Cottage near the corner of the school playing field.
His preaching at Ely being terminated by the Restoration, he retired to Lewisham, Kent. In 1663, having conformed, he became rector of
Burgh, Norfolk, and he died in London about 1669.
Acle United Reserves | Blofield United Reserves | Caister Reserves | East Harling | Easton | Hempnall | Hoveton Wherrymen | Martham |
Reserves | Poringland Wanderers | Sprowston Athletic | Thetford Rovers | University of East Anglia | Watton United | Wells Town | Yelverton
Norfolk County Council – Bawdeswell is in the Elmham and
Division and the councillor is Bill Borrett (Conservative). The last election was held on 2 May 2013 and elections are held every four years.
Acle United | Blofield United | Caister | Cromer Town | Harleston Town | Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves | Long Stratton |
| Mulbarton Wanderers | Norwich CEYMS | Reepham Town | Spixworth | St. Andrews | Stalham Town | Waveney | Wroxham Reserves
Cresheld was the son of Edward Cresheld of
Norfolk. He was admitted to Lincoln's Inn on 18 June 1608 and called to the bar on 17 October 1615. He was recorder of Evesham in 1625.
is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated in the heart of Norfolk 13 miles from the centre of Norwich and four miles from Dereham, at the geographical centre of Norfolk.
The parish lies in the Elmham and
division of Norfolk County Council and is currently represented by a Conservative councillor, Bill Borrett. It is within the Two Rivers ward of the Breckland local government district, which is currently represented by two Conservative councillors, Paul Claussen and Brian Rose.
During the reign of Edward VI, cleric Matthew Parker married Margaret Harlestone of
. He became the first Archbishop of Canterbury to be appointed under Elizabeth I. Local tradition has it that the house behind the butcher's shop in Church Plain was the Harlestone family home.
Some of the very old buildings in
are hidden behind brick and mortar skins and Georgian facades, but others remain to be admired. Of the three nineteenth century mills, the bases of two remain. One has been converted recently into a holiday cottage.
In the sixteenth century the wool merchants of
were well-known, or even notorious, in East Anglia. A number of them were warned or fined by the court for failing to sell their wool through Norwich Market. They had found more lucrative outlets in Suffolk and other places.
Bailey was one of the 1883 founders of the Constitutional Club, a club closely aligned to the Conservative party. He was also a member of two other gentlemen's clubs in London, the Carlton Club, a venue for political discussions between Conservative MPs, and the Junior Carlton Club which was also closely aligned to the Conservative party. Bailey made time for several interests aside from his hotelier and political career. His hobbies included hunting and shooting; but, while he was a supporter of the Essex hunt, he must not be confused with James David Bailey, the huntsman to the Essex Fouxhounds between 1879 and 1920. Between 1878 and 1894, Bailey was active as a Kensington vestryman and People's Churchwarden. Bailey retained an affinity for his childhood home town,
, as, in 1894, he donated a church organ to All Saints' Church
in memory of his mother.
Copyright © 2017