Synonyms for moldovia or Related words with moldovia

dragimir              anchabadze              scyrus              cherkezishvili              smilets              syuni              mjej              bebutashvili              navahradak              gulkhan              evdemoz              progoni              predslava              ljutovid              kotrikadze              suronja              tornikes              arghutian              sitovo              babakhanian              mstislavl              novakovo              eudokimos              shorapani              sviatoslavich              jandieri              senekerim              rshtuni              schandermani              vsevolodich              mushegh              iljko              shervashidze              gardman              achba              shoushanian              sinicliu              galinoporni              dometiopolis              vasilko              cindeus              vseslavich              kakhetia              jakeli              psaphara              theodoulos              davidovica              chachba              feketehalom              rostyslavych             



Examples of "moldovia"
It is found in the Caucasus mountains, between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. Within (the former southern Russian states,) countries of Moldovia and Ukraine.
There used to be an eastern Iranian tribe called the Roxolani in eastern Europe around present day Ukraine, Moldovia and Romania.
Likewise, Romanians from Chernivtsi Oblast and Moldovia had been deported in great numbers which range from 200,000 to 400,000. (See Soviet deportations from Bessarabia.)
In 2012 he represented Faroe Islands in the 2012 EHF Challenge Trophy. They made it all the way to final, where they lost to Moldovia.
Pentalog was founded in 1993 and is based in Orléans, France. It is headquartered in the historic , which the company purchased in 2013. However, it also has offices in Germany (Berlin and Frankfurt), Romania (Bucharest, Brasov, Cluj, and Iasi), the Republic of Moldovia (Chisinau), the United States (Boston), and Vietnam (Hanoi).
Berachah Church has and continues to support Christian missions, especially through an organization called Operation Grace: World Missions. OGWN currently supports missionaries in the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil, Thailand, Korea, the Philippines, Africa, England, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Moldovia, and Kazakhstan.
The exact date of his death is unknown. He died either around 1374 or in 1375. Laţcu was interred in the Orthodox monastery at Rădăuţi alongside his father. Little information is known of the events that directly followed his death. According to the 15th-century "Lithuanian-Ruthenian Chronicle", the Vlachs elected a Lithuanian prince, George Koriatovich, voivode, according to some historians at an unspecified date. Other stated that George became ruled a part of Moldovia in 1374.
The present-day fortress was constructed after 1400 by the Moldavian ruler Alexander the Good, with the help of Vytautas the Great of Lithuania. After 1433, it was occupied by Poland, due to wars between Alexander's successors, and was reconquered from the Poles by Stephen the Great of Moldovia in 1459 after a two-year siege. The fortress, strengthened by Stephen, during the 15th century, became the strongest on the northern border of the medieval Moldavia.
Alexandru III cel Rău (Alexander III the Bad, died 1597) was the Prince of Wallachia between November 1592 and 1593. He was the son of Bogdan Lăpușneanu, former Prince of Moldavia. Although Alexandru had in his government both local Boyars and Greeks, complaints arose to the Ottoman Empire in June 1593 accusing the Prince of behaving like a tyrant just like his uncle, Prince of Moldovia, Aaron the Tyrant.
Herman J. Obermayer (September 19, 1924 – May 11, 2016) was an American journalist, publisher, and politician. He was the owner and publisher of the Long Branch, New Jersey "Daily Record" from 1957 to 1971 and the "Northern Virginia Sun" from 1963 to 1989, and counseled newspapers in emerging democracies for the U.S. State Department from 1990 to 2002 in Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, Moldovia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Russia, Croatia, and Serbia. In 1983 and 1984, he served as a judge for the Pulitzer Prizes.
On the smaller Polish front, after the battles of 1683 (Vienna and Parkany), Sobieski, after his proposal for the League to state a major coordinated offensive, undertook a rather unsuccessful offensive in Moldavia in 1686, with the Ottomans refusing a major engagement and harassing the army. For the next four years Poland would blockade the key fortress at Kamenets, and Ottoman Tatars would raid the borderlands. In 1691, Sobieski undertook another expedition to Moldovia, with slightly better results, but still with no decisive victories.
His final journey took him into Eastern Europe, and into Crimea. Whilst at Kherson, Howard contracted typhus on a prison visit and died, aged sixty-three. He was buried in a walled field at Dophinovka (Stepanovka), Ukraine. Despite requesting a quiet funeral without pomp and ceremony, the event was elaborate and attended by the Prince of Moldovia. When news of his death reached England in February 1790, a commemorative series of John Howard halfpenny Conder Tokens were struck, including one that circulated in Bath, on the reverse showing "Go forth" and "Remember the Debtors in Gaol".
The war with Ottomans was not yet over, and Sobieski continued the campaign with the Battle of Párkány on 7–9 October. After early victories, the Polish found themselves a junior partner in the Holy League, gaining no lasting territorial or political rewards. The prolonged and indecisive war also weakened his position at home. For the next four years Poland would blockade the key fortress at Kamenets, and Ottoman Tatars would raid the borderlands. In 1691, Sobieski undertook another expedition to Moldovia, with slightly better results, but still with no decisive victories.
Birkbeck saw very active service in the First World War, driving an ambulance in Russia alongside Elsie Inglis and her field hospital, attached to the First Serbian Division. In December 2015, she was in Russia as part of a solidarity effort by the British government in support of their ally. She ended up in Moldovia, and eventually was part of the Scottish Women's Hospital volunteers who worked to get their equipment across the Danube River near Tulcea with support from the British Armoured Car group. She was on the Romanian front from 1916 to 1917.
The first Vineyard church in Germany started in the mid-nineties near Munich. In 1999, the national association - Vineyard DACH (Deutschland, Austria, CH-Switzerland) - was released under the leadership of Martin and Georgia Bühlmann as National Directors. As of summer 2011, there are more than 70 Vineyard Churches in Vineyard DACH, with some of them within the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) or Roman Catholic Church. Vineyard DACH is governed by a leadership council, supported by task forces (church planting, worship, theology, training) and active in missions in countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Serbia, Bosnia, Romania, Moldovia, France, Spain etc. Vineyard DACH has started an African Migration Vineyard Movement in Europe with 12 Vineyards and is also very active in reaching Roma Gypsies in different European countries.
The map includes Moldova with Crimea and Black Sea as east boundaries, the north part of Wallachia and Bessarabia to the south, Transylvania in the west and Russian Poland to the north. It is highly detailed including place names and symbols, without explanatory memorandum. The borders of Moldovia and Wallachia, Transylvania, Bukovina, Russian Poland and the area Thyrogetai Tatars are defined by a thick dashed line. A thinner dotted line defines the extent of the state of Upper and Lower Moldavia, divided into provinces. The map is surrounded by a cartographic scale, on which the numbers of meridians and parallels are marked, which define each area shown. The four cardinal points Arktos – Mesimbria – West and East are also marked. On the lower left part of the Map, within the margin, the writing «Measure of one degree or 24 hours» (Greek: «Μέτρον ενός βαθμού ή ωρών 24») explains the time scale used for the design of the Map, which is estimated to range around the ratio of 1:600000.
Owing to its long past, the tambur has let flourish several schools of interpretation. The oldest description of tanburîs is reported by the French traveller Charles Fonton who describes the use of catgut frets. A Turkish musical theory written in the beginning of the 18th century by the famous Kantemir Pasha -first an Ottoman citizen of Polish-Moldovian origin, then voivode of Moldovia- elucidates for the first time the proper intervals to use. Yet there is little mention of playing styles and the first tambur master recorded by chronicles and of whom we have solid information is Tanburi İzak Effendi, who is said to have brought the playing technique to maturity. Today, he is considered as the reference of the "old style" in tambur playing, partially recovered in the 20th century by Mesut Cemil. Sheikh of the Rifai Tekkesi in Kozyatağı (Istanbul) Abdülhalim Efendi was his pupil and carried on the same tradition. Among notable 18th-century players were Numan Agha, Zeki Mehmed Agha, Tanburî Küçük Osman Bey, all of whom remained representatives of this allegedly old style. The first virtuoso to claim renovation was Tanburi Büyük Osman Bey who broke with his father Zeki Mehmed Agha's technique to present his own. Later on, this later style became so prevalent that the older technique came to suffer oblivion. The musical heritage transmitted to Suphi Ezgi by Abdülhalim Efendi, and from the former to Mesut Cemil, an eminent figure in 19th Turkish Classical Music, has helped retrieve the essentials of this old technique. One last important tanburi successfully performing according to principles of the old school was Cemil Özbal (1908–1980) from Gaziantep.
Spanish horses also were spread widely as a tool of diplomacy by the government of Spain, which granted both horses and export rights to favored citizens and to other royalty. As early as the 15th century, the Spanish horse was widely distributed throughout the Mediterranean, and was known in northern European countries, despite being less common and more expensive there. As time went on, kings from across Europe, including every French monarch from Francis I to Louis XVI, had equestrian portraits created showing themselves riding Spanish-type horses. The kings of France, including Louis XIII and Louis XIV, especially preferred the Spanish horse; the head groom to Henri IV, Salomon de la Broue, said in 1600, "Comparing the best horses, I give the Spanish horse first place for its perfection, because it is the most beautiful, noble, graceful and courageous". War horses from Spain and Portugal began to be introduced to England in the 12th century, and importation continued through the 15th century. In the 16th century, Henry VIII received gifts of Spanish horses from Charles V, Ferdinand II of Aragon and the Duke of Savoy and others when he wed Katherine of Aragon. He also purchased additional war and riding horses through agents in Spain. By 1576, Spanish horses made up one third of British royal studs at Malmesbury and Tutbury. The Spanish horse peaked in popularity in Great Britain during the 17th century, when horses were freely imported from Spain and exchanged as gifts between royal families. With the introduction of the Thoroughbred, interest in the Spanish horse faded after the mid-18th century, although they remained popular through the early 19th century. The Conquistadors of the 16th century rode Spanish horses, particularly animals from Andalusia, and the modern Andalusian descended from similar bloodstock. By 1500, Spanish horses were established in studs on Santo Domingo, and Spanish horses made their way into the ancestry of many breeds founded in North and South America. Many Spanish explorers from the 16th century on brought Spanish horses with them for use as war horses and later as breeding stock. By 1642, the Spanish horse had spread to Moldovia, to the stables of Transylvanian prince George Rakoczi.