Synonyms for monasterii or Related words with monasterii

abbatiae              ecclesie              ordinis              casinensis              minorum              archiepiscopi              monachi              principum              abbatum              imperatoris              relatio              benedicti              historiam              gentilium              abbatis              augustini              civitatis              collegii              gestis              gentis              iuxta              hugonis              episcopi              codicum              bibliothecae              monasterium              iacobi              anonymi              opusculum              willelmi              registrum              antiquitate              cathedralis              sanctae              fratris              libellus              commentarius              editionis              sacerdotum              epistola              episcopus              cisterciensis              ecclesiasticis              apostolorum              principis              martyris              panegyricus              mediolanensis              clericorum              guillelmi             



Examples of "monasterii"
Conradus Eubel, "Hierarchia catholica medii aevi" Tomus I, editio altera (Monasterii 1913), p. 49; Tomus II, editio altera (Monasterii 1914), p. 66 Tomus III (Monasterii 1923), p. 72. [lists of Cardinal-Deacons]
Peter the Deacon was the librarian of the abbey of Montecassino and continuator of the Chronicon Monasterii Casinensis.
Mieszko died on 28 January 1065. Year of death was noted by "Rocznik kapituły krakowskiej", while day by "Necrologium monasterii superioris Ratisbonensis". He died unmarried and childless.
The Antiphonary of Bangor (Antiphonarium Monasterii Benchorensis) is an ancient Latin manuscript, supposed to have been originally written at Bangor Abbey in modern-day Northern Ireland.
He wrote a history of the reign of Edward I of England, and a work on the Barons' War; and was probably the continuator of "Gesta Abbatum Monasterii Sancti Albani".
According to the "Fundatio monasterii Berchtesgadensis" the Augustinians at first found the lonely wilderness of Berchtesgaden, with its terrifying mountain forests, and permanent ice and snow a very inhospitable place, and sought somewhere more suitable.
Moutier is first mentioned in 1154 as "datum Monasterii". In 1181 it was mentioned as "apud Monasterium". The German name for the town is "Münster (BE)", but it is not frequently used.
The "Consuetudines Farfenses" drawn up about 1010 under the supervision of Guido, successor to Hugues of Farfa, bear witness to the care with which Hugues organized the monastic life at Farfa. Under the title "Destructio Monasterii", Hugues himself wrote a history of the sad period previous to his rule; and again under the title "Diminutio Monasterii", and "Querimonium", he related the temporal difficulties that encompassed Farfa owing to the ambition of petty Roman lords. These works are very important for the historian of the period.
Another work of Odo, "Miracula S. Mauri, sive restauratio monasterii Glannafoliensis", has some historical value. The author narrates how he fled with the relics of St. Maurus from the Normans in 862 and how the relics were finally transferred to the monastery of St-Maur-des-Fossés near Paris in 868. It is printed in "Acta Sanctorum,", January, II, 334-42.
Pseudo-Ingulf is the name given to an unknown English author of the "Historia Monasterii Croylandensis", also known as the Croyland Chronicle. Nothing certain is known of Pseudo-Ingulf although it is generally assumed that he was connected with Croyland Abbey.
Peter the Deacon () was the librarian of the abbey of Montecassino and continuator of the "Chronicon Monasterii Casinensis", usually called the Montecassino Chronicle in English. The chronicle was originally written by Leo of Ostia. According to both Chalandon and Lord Norwich, Peter is a poor historian and writer, much inferior to Leo.
Hugh (died 1039) was the Abbot of Farfa from 998. He founded the abbatial school and wrote its history from the late ninth through the early eleventh century under the title "Destructio monasterii Farfensis" ("The Destruction of the Monastery of Farfa"). A later student of his school, Gregory of Catino, wrote a fuller history of the monastery partly based on Hugh's earlier account.
His "Historia Vizeliacensis monasterii" was written from about 1140 to 1160. Besides being a rather partisan account of the affairs of the Abbey, it is an important source for the history of France in its period. It was written for Abbot Ponce of Vézelay (1138–1161), who was brother to Peter the Venerable of Cluny Abbey.
William's body was given back to his family and was buried in the Cistercian abbey of Santa Maria di Lucedio, alongside his father. His obituary remembers him as "fundator huius monasterii" ("founder of this monastery"), although in reality he was just a member of the founding family.
The Cistercian writers give very similar accounts. In the "Chronica Monasterii de Melsa" (Chronicles of Meaux Abbey), Drogo is said to have been from Flanders. - he was rewarded by William of Normandy after the conquest with the Ilse of Holderness, and was the builder of Skipsea Castle.
8 February 1296 is widely recognized as the date of the crime. In fact, it appears in the "Rocznik Traski", "Rocznik małopolski", "Rocznik Świętokrzyski nowyw", "Kalendarz włocławski" and the "Liber mortuorum monasterii Oliviensis". The dates given by the "Rocznik kapituły poznańskiej" (6 February) and the "Nekrolog lubiński" (4 February), as well the reports of Jan Długosz are considered erroneous.
The Historia Ecclesie Abbendonensis or History of the Church of Abingdon (sometimes known by its older printed title of Chronicon Monasterii de Abingdon or occasionally as the Abingdon Chronicle) was a medieval chronicle written at Abingdon Abbey in England in the 12th century.
Winchester claimed some of his relics from the 10th century. In England the "Annales monasterii de Wintonia" reports that in 924 Athelstan donated to the treasury of Winchester the head of this martyr. It is possible that this may not have been the entire head but just a fragment of it, according to one scholar.
In 1785 he was made head librarian of the abbey. He arranged and catalogued the library and made known to scholars the rarities it contained through the fine descriptions he gave of its early printed books and manuscripts in two works which he published while librarian. These publications were: "Notitia historico-litteraria de libris ab artis typographiae inventione usque ad annum 1479 impressis, in bibliotheca monasterii ad SS. Udalricum et Afram Augustae extantibus. Pars I: Augs. Vindel. 1788. Pars II: Notitia . . . libros complectens ab anno usque ad annum 1500 inclusive impressos. Ibidem, 1789" and "Notitia Historico-litteraria de codicibus manuscriptis in blbliotheca liberi ac imperialis monasterii O. S. Benedicti ad SS. Udalricum et Afram extantibus. Aug. Vindel., 6 partes 1791-1796".
The "Historia" has been published in two editions. One, titled "Chronicon Monasterii de Abingdon" and containing just the Latin text, was edited by Joseph Stevenson in two volumes and published by the Rolls Series, London in 1858. A newer edition, with a translation, has appeared in two volumes, edited by John Hudson and published by Oxford University Press under their Oxford Medieval Texts series. The second volume appeared first in print, published in 2002. The first volume was published in 2007.