Synonyms for olonets_governorate or Related words with olonets_governorate

arkhangelsk_governorate              kazan_governorate              kemsky_uyezd              uyezd              novgorod_governorate              vologda_governorate              tver_governorate              pskov_governorate              kargopolsky_uyezd              volost              vologda_viceroyalty              voronezh_governorate              kherson_governorate              guberniya              novgorod_viceroyalty              okruha              bezhetsky              mogilev_governorate              domanivka              alexandrovsky_uyezd              karelian_assr              lodeynopolsky_uyezd              smolensk_governorate              tobolsk_governorate              kiev_governorate              irkutsk_governorate              kalinin_oblast              sebezhsky              zubtsovsky              yekaterinoslav_governorate              kashinsky              odessa_oblast              volosts              erivan_governorate              kolsky_uyezd              mykolaiv_oblast              tiflis_governorate              kolsko_loparskaya_volost              nevelsky              vytegorsky              novotorzhsky              chernigov_governorate              olonets              kursk_governorate              minsk_governorate              kholmsky              orenburg_governorate              vitebsk_governorate              opochka              astrakhan_governorate             



Examples of "olonets_governorate"
In 1799, Olonets Viceroyalty was abolished and divided between Novgorod and Arkhangelsk Governorates. Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was merged into Olonetsky Uyezd. In 1801, Olonets Governorate was established, and in 1802, Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was restored. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
A sequence of administrative reforms followed. In 1781, Olonets Oblast was transferred to Saint Petersburg Governorate, and in 1784, it was transformed into an independent administrative unit, Olonets Viceroyalty. In 1785, Lodeynoye Pole was granted town status. In 1799, Olonets Viceroyalty was abolished and divided between Novgorod and Arkhangelsk Governorates. Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was merged into Olonetsky Uyezd. In 1801, Olonets Governorate was established, and in 1802, Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was restored. The northern part of the district belonged to Lodeynopolsky Uyezd of Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
A sequence of administrative reforms followed. In 1781, Olonets Oblast was transferred to Saint Petersburg Governorate, and in 1784, it was transformed into an independent administrative unit, Olonets Viceroyalty. In 1799, Olonets Viceroyalty was abolished and divided between Novgorod and Arkhangelsk Governorates. Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was merged into Olonetsky Uyezd. In 1801, Olonets Governorate was established, and in 1802, Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was restored. The northern part of the district belonged to Lodeynopolsky Uyezd of Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
After a series of administrative reforms, by the beginning of the 19th century the west of the oblast belonged to Novgorod Governorate, with the exception of Vytegorsky Uyezd which belonged to Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Vytegorsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast), with the exception of three volosts, which were moved to Kargopolsky Uyezd and later ended up in Arkhangelsk Oblast.
Olonka () is a river in the Republic of Karelia, Russia. It gave the name to the town of Olonets by the river and eventuallty to the surrounding territory (Olonets Governorate, Olonets Krai, now Olonetsky District).
In 1802, Olonets Governorate was restored in pre-1796 borders. It included Petrozavodsky, Olonetsky, Kargopolsky, Vytegorsky, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezds. Simultaneously, Krestetsky Uyezd (with the administrative center located in Kresttsy), Kirillovsky Uyezd (Kirillov), and Cherepovetsky Uyezd (Cherepovets) were re-established.
Benjamin was born to a priestly family in the pogost (village) of Nimenskii in the Andreevksii volost of the Kargopol uezd near Arkhangelsk in the Olonets Governorate in the northwest of the Russian empire.
In the 18th century, Olonets' importance shifted from trade to ironworking industries. In 1773, it was made the seat of Olonets Governorate. Eleven years later, however, the seat was moved to Petrozavodsk and Olonets started to decline.
In the early 18th century, Peter the Great ordered the resettlement of peasants from the Msta River to the current location of Podporozhye to organize navigation along the Svir River, known for its nearly impassable rapids. In the late 19th century, these minor settlements next to the Svir rapids (Sigovets and Medvedets) received the name of Podporozhye (literally, "under the rapids"). By the beginning of the 20th century, Podporozhye was a village and a part of Lodeynopolsky Uyezd in Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
Vazhiny was first mentioned in the 16th centuru as Vazhinsky Pogostm a settlement of Novgorodians. The area was relatively unpopulated until the 18th century, when the Mariinsky Canal System, which included the Svir River, was opened. In the 19th century, the extensive timber logging started, and the selo of Vazhiny was formally established in 1900, to serve logging, timber trade, and timber transport along the Svir. At the time, Vazhiny was a part of Olonetsky Uyezd of Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Olonetsky Uyezd was abolished as well. Vazhiny was transferred into Lodeynopolsky Uyezd of Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
Voznesenye as a single locality exists since the middle of the 19th century, though the area was populated since at least the 17th century, and after the Mariinsky Water System, a predecessor of the Volga–Baltic Waterway, opened in 1852, it started to play an important role. The name, which means "Ascencion", originates from the Ascencion Monastery, which existed in the area in the 17th and the 18th centuries. In the same year Voznesenye got the status of a selo. It was a part of Lodeynopolsky Uyezd of Olonets Governorate. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast).
The east and south of the current area of the oblast was transferred in 1727 to Moscow and Novgorod Governorates. After a sequence of administrative reforms, the northeastern part of the oblast ended up in 1801 in Olonets Governorate. In June 1918, five uyezds of Novgorod Governorate, including Tikhvinsky Uyezd, were split off to form Cherepovets Governorate, with the administrative center in Cherepovets. In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Lodeynopolsky Uyezd (which contained all areas later transferred to Leningrad Oblast) was transferred to Petrograd Governorate. Thus, by 1927 the current area of the oblast was split between three governorates — Leningrad, Novgorod, and Cherepovets.
Olonets Governorate was divided into seven uyezds, of which the chief towns were Petrozavodsk, Kargopol, Lodeynoye Pole, Olonets, Povenets, Pudozh, and Vytegra. It included the Olonets mining district, a territory belonging to the Crown, which covered 432 m² and extended into the Serdobol district of Finland; the ironworks were begun by Peter the Great in 1701–1714.
Murmansk Krai () was an informal name used in the early Russian SFSR to refer to the territory roughly corresponding to modern Murmansk Oblast. At various times, the term referred to the territory which included Alexandrovsky and Kemsky Uyezds of Arkhangelsk Governorate and some parts of Olonets Governorate.
Povenetsky Uyezd () was one of the seven subdivisions of the Olonets Governorate of the Russian Empire. Its capital was Povenets. Povenetsky Uyezd was located in the northern part of the governorate (in the central part of the present-day Republic of Karelia).
Pyotr Petrovich Shilovsky () (1871 – June 3, 1957 in Herefordshire) was a Russian count, jurist, statesman, and governor of Kostroma in 1910-1912 and of Olonets Governorate in 1912-1913. He is best known as the inventor of the gyrocar, which he demonstrated for the first time in London in 1914. In 1922 Shilovsky emigrated to the United Kingdom.
The southwestern part of Arkhangelsk Oblast in 1708 became Kargopolsky Uyezd of Ingermanland Governorate (from 1710, Saint Petersburg Governorate), with the seat in the town of Kargopol. In 1727, it moved to the newly established Novgorod Governorate. After a number of administrative reforms, in 1801 it ended up as one of the four uyezds of the newly established Olonets Governorate.
In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished, and Vytegorsky Uyezd was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast), with the exception of three volosts, which were transferred to Kargopolsky Uyezd of Vologda Governorate. On February 7, 1927, Vytegorsky Uyezd was abolished and merged into Lodeynopolsky Uyezd of Leningrad Oblast.
In 1922, Olonets Governorate was abolished and Vytegra was transferred to Petrograd Governorate (later Leningrad Oblast). On August 1, 1927, the uyezds in Leningrad Oblast were abolished and Vytegorsky District with the administrative center in Vytegra was established as a part of Lodeynoye Pole Okrug of Leningrad Oblast. On September 23, 1937, it was transferred to newly established Vologda Oblast.
In 1918, five uyezds of Novgorod Governorate, including Kirillovsky Uyezd, were split off to form Cherepovets Governorate. In 1919, northwestern parts of Kirillovsky Uyezd were transferred to Kadnikovsky Uyezd of Vologda Governorate and Kargopolsky Uyezd of Olonets Governorate. The current territory of Vozhegodsky District was at this point in Kadnikovsky Uyezd.